by: Fiona Cheong
Our feet must be THE most overused yet overlooked part of our bodies. In our daily life, we fashionistas squeeze them into pretty little narrow pointy shoes, totter on towering stilettos, and strut relentlessly up slopes and down shopping aisles. Having to bear the full brunt of our weight all day and sometimes even without rest, it's no wonder that our feet develop calluses, aches and so many other conditions that seem to have the pharmacies in a frenzy to provide quick fixes for.
If you're a busy career woman with limited time who's looking for a quick “Do-It-Yourself” solution to spruce up your tired feet, this might be just the thing for you!
DIY foot spas provide an awesome solution to relax and rejuvenate sore, aching feet. Done in the comfort of your own home, you have the liberty to take as much or as little time as you'd like to fully unwind and appreciate the benefits of pampering your feet.
Things you'd need
- Basin large enough to place both feet in
- essential oil
- bath foam
- pumice stone
- feet moisturiser
- nail clipper
- nail polish
1. First, fill a tub with lukewarm water and froth it up with a few pumps of bath foam together with a few drops of essential oil. I love geranium or bergamot for that fresh, lingering citrus scent.
2. Soak both feet for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the skin on your feet feels soft.
3. Lifting them out of the basin, gently scrub a pumice stone along the soles of your feet, concentrating on the callused parts to remove rough and hardened skin. If you don't have a pumice stone, consider creating your own scrub through mixing an equal part of sugar and olive oil. The sugar grains act as an exfoliant, whilst olive oil replenishes moisture.
4. After which, gently dry your feet with a soft towel and lather on a generous amount of moisturiser to rehydrate your feet.
5. Using a nail filer or clipper, shape your nails just slightly above the quick, and dress them up by adding a splash of colour with your favourite range of nail polish!
Keep your feet happy and healthy by maintaining regular spa treatments at home. Alternatively, apply an intensive feet moisturizer before bedtime and slip on socks. Wake up to beautifully soft feet that will take you the extra mile!
Rehearsal for 'the gershwins' porgy and ...
HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE