Soaps - messy gooey stuff!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soaps - messy gooey stuff!!!

ok i am no big fan of soaps, they IMO are hard to handle, keep sliding off my palm think wet slippery & small palms. there is one other problem with them...they turn really squishy & gooey as i use them & leave in their dish. my esoaps raspberry sorbet is a lump of mess, i can see pieces on my bathroom floor. i do think good old fashioned cussons imperial are great, they are so dry they don turn soggy. L'Occitane are great too, i like the shea butter ones but halfway thru them no more scent, just plain boring soap. so any good soaps around?

I think there is one place that sells soaps at Taka...just can't remembered which level. I read that from Her World... It's a lowend product....

hmmm...can't think of the name now. :roll:

Comment

Maybe it's the storage problem- what's the BEST soapdish design? Need to buy one for all that mushy LUSH coming my way!

Comment

Hey, I agree with you. I prefer gels in general too. The L'oocitane soap I used lost it scents halfway for me too! Do all soaps do that?

The only soap I'll buy now is SS Yuzu. It's so lovely & creamy, I am willing to sacrifice the little "mess" for this baby.

Comment

Oh speaking of esoaps - I am disappointed with them. They smelled really childish & the soaps were not creamy or anything. The only reason I'd use soaps is for the creamy factor. Thank god I shared my soaps or else regret big time!

Comment

i guess u gotta make sure your soap dish has good drainage?

also do not store the soaps where it can get sprayed by the shower head?

my lush soap i doing fine

smell is still pretty strong and it's not lumpy or mushy at all

i put it in a normal plastic soap dish that is slightly raised off the surface so ALL water drains off and i keep it at the far end of my bath tub so it doesn't get into contact with the shower spray

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by angeldiane
              my lush soap i doing fine</FONT SIZE>
              ooo- very reassuring! Thanks!

Comment

I think I must've stopped using soaps when I was...a teenager?? Just too messy and they kept jumping out of my soapy hands and onto the bathroom floor.

It's shower gels and bath creams all the way for me now!

Comment

mel : just be sure to keep it out of contact with water when u're not using it and it'll be fine..the soap got smaller but at least it's not soft and mushy

pan : yeah i agree..i hate soaps too..been using liquid stuff for quite a long time...only using this lush one coz someone gave it to me as a gift..it's too big and bulky to swap away and it smelled nice so i gave it a try...kinda regret now coz it's kinda drying!

Comment

There are soap dishes here that can be stuck on the shower wall with a suction cup, and has draining through the bottom of the holder. Hanging this on your shower wall, out of the way of the water, keeps it dry. If it does get wet, it will drain out the bottom of the holder. Works like a charm!

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by atypical
                      Hey, I agree with you. I prefer gels in general too. The L'oocitane soap I used lost it scents halfway for me too! Do all soaps do that?

The only soap I'll buy now is SS Yuzu. It's so lovely & creamy, I am willing to sacrifice the little "mess" for this baby. </FONT SIZE>
                      Same here. I much prefer gels. Have not touched soap since teenager days...No soap for me..its too messy and slippery..

Hey, u have been raving abt the SS Yuzu. Does it come in gel? Wld love to try that if they have it in shower gels. I like grapefruits scent..

Comment

Oh speaking of esoaps - I am disappointed with them. They smelled really childish & the soaps were not creamy or anything. The only reason I'd use soaps is for the creamy factor. Thank god I shared my soaps or else regret big time! </FONT SIZE>
                        yes the only thing i use my esoaps' soaps are for my hands! it's all gooey tho i leave it away from dripping shower heads & in a soap dish with drainage!

Comment

Meow, SS only carry soaps, no gels.

Comment

Meow, SS only carry soaps, no gels. </FONT SIZE>
                            Hmmm...I hope they will carry gels soon...I much much prefer gels.....if not I go bug dear Riv *wink to Riv*

Comment

I don't like soaps for the same reason too!
                              But otherwise I like BBW's scented soaps TBS also has this mango sented one right?

Comment

Working...
                              X