Whitemud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitemud

Spent some time at this shop located at Republic Plaza yesterday. I'm sure u gals have read about this shop in magazines or been there.

Had a great time sniffing out the scents.

Thought that the Manuka Honey range is especially good. Bought the shower gel and the soapbar. Tried the shower gel today and was very pleased with the scent. Really 'honey' but the scent doesn't stay on my skin. Didn't really have any moisturing effect on me but then again, my skin's especially dry.

As for the Manuka Honey soapbar, will wait for my bf to 'test-drive' before updating. I do find the scent of the soap's strong.

Bought their Hot and Spicy soapbar as well. This is for myself. It's a cinnamon scent. Though my skin reacts to cinnamon mildly, I'm surprised that this doesn't provoke any reaction on my skin. Will buy again if it's less expensive. This costs 8.50 for a tiny bar.

There are some other products that look good like their soapbars and some of their body wash. All from New Zealand.

Overall, I'm not very impressed with their own in-house Whitemud range. Thought I will support this local brand but decide I will give most of the products a miss. The scents a bit 'off' and doesn't smell true to its name. The products don't even have a label stating its ingredients. They do have the ingredients listed on the shelves though.

My colleague thought that the jojoba and mango smell nice. Those are the only scents that agree with my nose. Other products like their sugar & salt scrub, body lotion and body butter (?? can't remember the name but texture's like NE) just don't rake up my interest.

What a pity....

On a plus note, the lady tending the shop is really friendly. Great customer service. I LIKEeeee!

Stuff I will buy again:
    1. Manuka Honey range

Did I miss anything? What else is good there?

Never heard of this place... Are they a bath & body shoppe?

Comment

where's republic plaza?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebubble
        where's republic plaza?
        Hey Blue, it's very near Clifford Centre You want me to show you next time?

It's the building with California Fitness and Kopi Bean.

Comment

oh i know which one, thanks

can't remember most of the less prominant building names, just the shops; it's on the first level?

Originally posted by raebelasian
          Hey Blue, it's very near Clifford Centre You want me to show you next time?

It's the building with California Fitness and Kopi Bean.

Comment

White Mud

Comment

oh i know which one, thanks

can't remember most of the less prominant building names, just the shops; it's on the first level?
              Unit 01-15

Comment

thanks i'll check it out tomorrow...oh wait, i can't coz i'll be out with lots of work to do, grrr
                Can go after work. They close at 7.30pm. However, they are closed on Sat unless you book an appointment

Comment

Oh yeah! I heard abt this shop but had yet to check it out.

How's the quality of its body moisturisers as compared to esoap and CS ?

And what's the price range ? I hope it's not too dear... hmmm :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                    Oh yeah! I heard abt this shop but had yet to check it out.

How's the quality of its body moisturisers as compared to esoap and CS ?

And what's the price range ? I hope it's not too dear... hmmm :roll:
                    Bought my Manuka Shower gel at 16.90. For the rest of the body lotions/creams/butters, I didn't check the consistency as my nose does not speak too well for them. If I''m not wrong, price range is 15-20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                      Bought my Manuka Shower gel at 16.90. For the rest of the body lotions/creams/butters, I didn't check the consistency as my nose does not speak too well for them. If I''m not wrong, price range is 15-20 bucks.
                      Thanxs ger.. will check it out when i'm in RP area

Comment

* Manuka Honey body cream - $18.90
                        come in lavender, rose, wild violet & camomile scent
                        * Scully's footcream /handcream - $23.90
                        * Scully's Body cream - $29.90
                        come in Bulgarian Rose and Lavender scent.
                        * Scully's Body & Bath Oil - $33.90
                        * Solid Drip Dry Shampoo & Therapy Shampoo - $7.90 per cake
                        * Soap bar - $7.90
                        i have one in CHOCOLATE scent.
                        * Whitemud Body Spread - $23.90
                        come in le Orange, Le Chocolate, Le Mango, Le Vanilla &
                        raspberry
                        i love le Chocolate the most.
                        * Body Scrub
                        - Sugar body Scrub $25plus come in wild rose, lavender, vanilla & ginger scent. my favo is vanilla, smell yummy.......
                        - Mineral Salt Body scrub $33.90 come in le chocolate & raspberry.

i have 15% whitemud member discount. anyone who want to buy with discount, just pm me.

Comment

i juz went to whitemud, love the manuka honey range - the scent is very honey-like unlike e.g. TBS honey body butter. they also have an interesting array of soaps and the lady running the shop who is also the owner is super friendly.

walked away with manuka honey shower gel, body lotion, soap and 2 other soaps

spend $250 in 3 months and get 15% off all future purchases

wasn't so very impressed with other ranges in the shop esp the whitemud range like rachel said but their salt and sugar scrubs do look promising to me and they're affordable

Comment

u did give me a honey shower gel sample but the consistency looks diff somehow

oh and rac - i wrote that u recommanded me to the shop on that form in the store so mebee they'll give u a freebie the next time u go

Originally posted by farahdean
                            hmmm i r'ber giving away samples of the honey shower gel to many sg gals that i meetup a while back. weren't u one of them?
                            Last edited by stellatan; 11-03-2003, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Interesting place... now why didn't I check out this thread earlier. I thought it's some topic on white mud mask or something. So un-cool of me :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X