Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathtubs - Which Type?

Bathtubs- do you have them? What kind?

Had some problem deciding where this thread should go. Anyway, got to thinking about bathtubs... has anyone tried/ own a Japanese sitting type (ie. instead of the long languorous normal bathtubs). More space efficient and water saving yet submerges whole body in hot water too... except you can't stretch out.

*Plots to somehow fit a freestanding bathtub hopefully... bath bombs are so fun! Anyway... 3rm flats have bigger PUB subsidies... right?*

*Edited Subject Title
    Last edited by admin; 14-03-2003, 12:44 PM.

interesting topic... I had the luxury of soaking myself in hot bath with relaxing aromatheraphy oils/ fizzy bath bombs with flower petals *every single day* when I was in Vienna.....taking my own sweet time...daydreaming......cos' there's really nothing much to do at night except to take long baths... :laugh: :laugh: Now back home I cannot cos' no bath tub....how I miss those baths... :| :|
    Last edited by riverie; 10-03-2003, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Haha.. This is a good one.. I've a bath tub at home which is in my mum's room and she doesn't really approve us of bathing in there.. Anyway, i always rush during bathing so there's really no need to soak in a bath tub.. No time!!

Hmm... perhaps in the future.. if i've a house of my own...

Comment

Originally posted by Summer27
        Haha.. This is a good one.. I've a bath tub at home which is in my mum's room and she doesn't really approve us of bathing in there.. Anyway, i always rush during bathing so there's really no need to soak in a bath tub.. No time!!

Hmm... perhaps in the future.. if i've a house of my own...
        Sometimes I think this kinda indulgence are only when you're travelling. When at home, there always seems to be not enuff time to relax and take a bath!!

Comment

Originally posted by Riverie
          Sometimes I think this kinda indulgence are only when you're travelling. When at home, there always seems to be not enuff time to relax and take a bath!!
          True.. Think this is considered as a luxury item for me now.. :|

Comment

how true.......i've stayed 2 yrs at my place and somehow i've never soaked in my bathtub. Only take showers in there. :roll:

Comment

Ummm... the japanese style bath -tub sounds great.

Will definitely have a bath-tub in my own house in future. Right now, I can only dream :dizzy: Otherwise, I just 'hop' over to use my bf's mom's

Comment

i used to take baths all the time when i was younger [i actually thought showers were queer!!!] cos i could actually 'float' in the water and it was so fun but now its just a big waste of water to me and i find it rather dirty. make sure there is a huge ledge at your tub though, then you can put all the barang barang. candles and what have you

Comment

Originally posted by cube
                  make sure there is a huge ledge at your tub though, then you can put all the barang barang. candles and what have you
                  yes....that's where i line all my scrubs, shower gels, shampoo......

Comment

interesting topic... I had the luxury of soaking myself in hot bath with relaxing aromatheraphy oils/ fizzy bath bombs with flower petals *every single day* when I was in Vienna.....taking my own sweet time...daydreaming......cos' there's really nothing much to do at night except to take long baths... :laugh: :laugh: Now back home I cannot cos' no bath tub....how I miss those baths... :| :|
                    Actually had baths every single day in UK... because the $%^** water heater was damaged and the landlord wouldn't repair it for the longest time. It shot ice-cold water and scalding hot water in 2 sec intervals (I timed it), in WINTER arghh! Baths were the only way to get round the demonic, possessed heater.
                    And then... I got UTI. :roll: For the 1st time in my life! Freaked me out cos I didn't know what it was at first, and after some research, I realised... surprise, surprise, baths are one of the more obscure triggers of this condition.

Baths are still nice though, when I visited some friends in Japan and stayed in the tiny office dorms, the tiny bathrooms had the Jap style sitting tub. Didn't use it cos water is expensive... but surprised me cos it adapted to such tight space constraints!

Comment

Agree that normally we wld only soak in the long bath when travelling...
                      I've a bath tub which is in my mom's room too...
                      Normally she wld allow me to bathe there as well as make use of the bath tub but again usually i would only do that when im super free..so thats like once in a blue moon..keke

Comment

i have a bath tub with a sizeable ledge at the back so there is enough space for my junk but i haven't taken any bubble baths or soaks since i was a kid...i find it's a waste of water

OT but my mother bought me a PINK bathtub..my toilet & sink is the same shade of pink :roll:

Comment

Plot plot!!!! A tub is a must!!!!

We've got a garden tub at the SO's apartment. It's wide and oval shaped and has plenty of space for my assorted barang barang on the sides of the tub.

I like it better than the conventional bathtub because there's more space to move around in and you don't feel quite so cramped in it.

Comment

Originally posted by champagne
                            And then... I got UTI. :roll: For the 1st time in my life! Freaked me out cos I didn't know what it was at first, and after some research, I realised... surprise, surprise, baths are one of the more obscure triggers of this condition.
                            yeah....friend was telling me that the hot water kills off the bacterials that maintains a healthy balance down *there*...hence increasing the risk of infection...

Comment

i love soaking in a tub! i have been lucky enough to have had my my own bathtub in all my bathrooms ever since i was 4, 5 years old so i have the habit of soaking in a bubble filled tub regularly. i seem to have them more regularly when i was younger though. had time for weekly soaks back in primary and secondary school days but as i grew older, these grew less frequent as i have less time. now i probably do it only once a month. love my LM creme brulee honey bath which is absolutely decadant and smells so yummy. mmmm.....

Comment

Working...
                              X