Eye Lash Perming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Lash Perming

This is in relation to the eye lash curler... i just realised that my friend has got really nicely curled up lashes (and remembered bout the eyelash curler that i read here).. so i asked her what curler is she using.
    She told me that she permed her eye lash (hehez.. was quite amazed, first time i heard about it).
    It cost her bout $20 and it has been more then a month and its still nicely curled up. Sounds good... cheap... and i dont have to curl it everytime.
    Any one tried it before? I have half the mind to go perm mine tomorrow! :wheee:

Re: Eye Lash Perming

Originally posted by go66ess

It cost her bout $20 and it has been more then a month and its still nicely curled up. Sounds good... cheap... and i dont have to curl it everytime.
    Any one tried it before? I have half the mind to go perm mine tomorrow! :wheee:
    i have! it was great while it lasted, but mine lasted for only about a month before my lashes started drooping again. still, it was convenient not to have to curl my lashes all the time before applying mascara. plus, it really makes your lashes look much longer!

you have to be careful though -- the results vary depending on the skills of the person you go to. some people end up with very fake permed lashes (too curly -- so curly that it touches the eyelids) , while for others it's a natural eye-opening look.

i had mine done for $30 at a little salon at far east plaza.

Comment

hehez.. ok... sounds ok to go for a try. What's the name of the salon that you went to?

Comment

hehez.. ok... sounds ok to go for a try. What's the name of the salon that you went to?

whoops. i have no idea actually. i did it about two years ago. sorry! but FEP has tons of salons offering eyelash perming, so you could just check out the place and keep a lookout for a decent looking one!

Comment

yeap, remembered when ying did hers. it was pretty natural and sweet! would consider doing it but im too much of a wimp! :ROFL:

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
            yeap, remembered when ying did hers. it was pretty natural and sweet! would consider doing it but im too much of a wimp! :ROFL:
            it didn't hurt at all!!! what they do is they put your lashes in these tiny rollers and squeeze on some perming solution (smells ammonia-ish to me) and the whole thing should be over in less than 45mins! it's pretty relaxing actually because you keep your eyes closed throughout and lie back, waiting for the perming to take effect. i almost fell asleep then! it was a real experience.

Comment

hehehz... alright. i'll keep a look out. Gonna give it a try ataraxia? I'm looking for company for my perm .

Comment

You can try JS Paradigm at Far east, in fact it's the same place where the curler II is. One thing abt perming.. is the un-curling part.. you have to tolerate a few weeks of untidy lashes as some start to straighten and some are still curled..

Comment

Originally posted by Jewel One thing abt perming.. is the un-curling part.. you have to tolerate a few weeks of untidy lashes as some start to straighten and some are still curled..
                  yep! go66ess, when that happens, a quick crimp with an eyelash curler should tidy up those lashes.

Comment

okie dokie!

Comment

Originally posted by Jewel
                      You can try JS Paradigm at Far east, in fact it's the same place where the curler II is. One thing abt perming.. is the un-curling part.. you have to tolerate a few weeks of untidy lashes as some start to straighten and some are still curled..
                      Gal how much does it costs there??
                      I went for e/b trimming there before & Suling was really gentle!

Comment

hehehz... alright. i'll keep a look out. Gonna give it a try ataraxia? I'm looking for company for my perm .
                        haha.. i dont mind, since ying has vouched tt it's painless. now to find a reputable place!

Comment

I second the JS Beauty Paradigm because i permed mine there last nov too! It's only $20!

Xue and go66ess, go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                            I second the JS Beauty Paradigm because i permed mine there last nov too! It's only $20!

Xue and go66ess, go for it!
                            $20!! THAT is a very good price! can i tag along too? that's if the CP for the heated curler falls through. heh.

Comment

fiona, cailing's offer sounds good to me! but i gotta wait until a) im free, b) i have cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X