DIY Body Care products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Body Care products

hey, i remember someone posting making your own sugar scrub in katties connection, now that the site is gone...can whoever please post again???? please....

Hi Bluebubble!

I made a sugar scrub once ...

Fill half a tub with brown sugar ...
    Add Baby Oil
    Add Honey
    Add Lemon Jiuce
    Add Fragrance
    Fill the tub with sugar again .. till you get a consistency you're happy with.

This is a really simple recipe .... I think you can try Almond oil & Grapeseed oil in lieu of the Baby oil I used.

Comment

hey stella

by lemon juice, u mean juice direct from a lemon? and fragrance, i can just use essential oil?

also the ingrediants u stated, i can juz add any amount i like?

thanks

Originally posted by "atypical"

Hi Bluebubble!

I made a sugar scrub once ...

Fill half a tub with brown sugar ...
      Add Baby Oil
      Add Honey
      Add Lemon Jiuce
      Add Fragrance
      Fill the tub with sugar again .. till you get a consistency you're happy with.

This is a really simple recipe .... I think you can try Almond oil & Grapeseed oil in lieu of the Baby oil I used.

Comment

if it's cheap (that's the key word) and ez to make, i donch mind! :D

Originally posted by "meow123"

Bluebubble u gonna make us a big tub for Christmas is it??

Comment

Hi Blue ...

Yup, I added juice from half a lemon but I think that really is quite unnecesary.

I like a thicker consistency for my scrub so I tend to use very minimal liquids. & Yup, use essential oil if you like.

Take a look at the MUA Bath & Body board. People periodically post scrub recipes there ...

Comment

Re: making your own sugar scrub - HELP

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

hey, i remember someone posting making your own sugar scrub in katties connection, now that the site is gone...can whoever please post again???? please....
            Oppss...sorry, just saw this thread..

I use fine brown sugar, lavender oil ( I've got tons of Lavender oil and Clove oil cos; at the peak of my interest, I impulsively bought them by the liters! Cost me hundreds of dollars!

Try the consistency. If it's too oily, I'll add some Cetaphil since it's gentle and fragrance free ( will not interfere with the lavender oil).

Me just bought some frangrance oil and will be working on my next projects: Mango sugar scrub and orange sugar scrub!
            Last edited by riverie; 01-02-2003, 09:25 PM.

Comment

hmm where to get almond oil?
              sorry, it should be sweet almond oil. You can find them at Basic Essence, the ONLY shop in S'pore which sells Tweezerman. Its located in Holland Village( is this the name of the shop? I can never remember it!) I got mine in Mustafah...unlikely place to get sweet almond oil huh? Anyways they come in glass bottles and are generally more expensive than olive/ coconut/ soyabean etc oil.

Comment

trying to tempt me? *beep*
                i've tweezerette from a swap i'm happy with, thank you, my small fingers wouldn't be able to handle the full sizes :wink:

have been to basic essence and talked (casual) to a visiting psychic.
                em, no comments

do i really need the sweet almond oil for the scrub? can skip? like very leychey...

Originally posted by "Riverie"

sorry, it should be sweet almond oil. You can find them at Basic Essence, the ONLY shop in S'pore which sells Tweezerman. Its located in Holland Village( is this the name of the shop? I can never remember it!) I got mine in Mustafah...unlikely place to get sweet almond oil huh? Anyways they come in glass bottles and are generally more expensive than olive/ coconut/ soyabean etc oil.

Comment

trying to tempt me? *beep*
                  i've tweezerette from a swap i'm happy with, thank you, my small fingers wouldn't be able to handle the full sizes :wink:

have been to basic essence and talked (casual) to a visiting psychic.
                  em, no comments

do i really need the sweet almond oil for the scrub? can skip? like very leychey...

Originally posted by Riverie
                  Yeah it's really up to you whihc oil you wish to use. Can even use baby oil like Stella. err...opps...you're stella too... Sweet almond oil is supposed to be excellent for its moisturizing properties and I have it cos' I was making soap with it previously, which calls more need for some extra moisturizing oils.

Comment

stella, have you made your sugar scrubs yet?
                    :wink:
                    i'm thinking to try this when i finish my exams. hehe

Comment

Soap ingredients

Where to buy soap ingredients(scent, dye etc)

hiyiee dunno which forum this should go under so here goes.

i've got the recipe to make soap from a fello fpoddie...

Ingredients:
                      Glycerine (clear or opaque)
                      Soap dye
                      Soap scent
                      mould

Anyone noes where to buy??

art friend or maybe spotlight?? help.... running out of ideas f... sigh...

Comment

this will not help much but yes art friend and spotlight do sell the materials i believe, i was just looking at soap and candle recipies last night too! do let me know if u know where to get the scented oils ok? i am positive art friend sells glycerine and also paraffin wax[candles] and i THINK ive seen at spotlight too[but everything there seems real old..] perhaps you could silkscreen your own T?

Comment

"perhaps you could silkscreen your own T? "

huh? dun get ya... haha now my turn to get blur!! last tym is ppl dun understand my posts...

that's weird... my fren who visits art friend like her 2nd home (laselle student) saez dun have...

oohh... candles seem nice too! humm... shall do my research tomoro nite... :D

Comment

okae cool i'll call tom and i'll keep yu posted?

humm... the silkscreening thing sounds lyk fun... but i haven got much tym cos i werk long hours now... maybe next tym!

thanks ya!!

Comment

hey i'm thinking of making soaps for my bf for V-day too

let me know where i can find the stuff too ok?
                              i will probably make some soaps and bake cookies

i've run out of ideas too

Comment

Working...
                              X