Hand creams & daily regime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand creams & daily regime!

hi ladies, just to revive this thread again.

what do you use to get soft, smooth hands?

how often do you apply hand cream?

here's my take on some hand creams i've used over the last few years. forgive me, i can't remember the exact names of the ones i've used.

i cannot stand the look of dry hands, coupled with numerous lines and knobby knuckles (stop cracking them!), i'm a fanatical user of hand creams.

* Clarins: absorbed into the skin fairly quickly. i would much prefer a more pleasant fragrance (lavender or roses would be ideal). have never done a repurchase on this probably because i prefer something more pleasant on the nose.

* InEssence: you can find this at tangs. the home of this brand can be found in Australia. tried the travel size version of its hand cream and i really liked it. it contains essential oils. has one of the most pleasant scents. you can detect lavender in this, amongst others. i couldn't stop using this when i got it. it does get absorbed pretty quickly too.

* Bath and Body Works: the good thing about this brand is that the hand creams come in various scents. i got Cucumber Melon (the melon scent is really strong) and Cool Cirtrus Basil (very refreshing scent. i got the body spray in this too). the downside is that it leaves a very moisturising flim on my hands which borders on being sticky. it's rather rich because of the shea butter content. not recommended for the singapore weather.

*Crabtree and Evelyn La Source Skin Therapy Hand Recovery: i bought this after reading the raves in a local mag. you're supposed to use this once a week. it functions like a scrub for the hands. it does leave a moisturising film which i'm not too crazy about. it's a heavy duty treatment which i still love using weekly.

* Jurlique: i love this! this is a current fave. i think i love the scent more than anything. bought this on a recommendation of a japanese friend. i could detect the scent of roses (absoutely beautiful) on her and had to ask her what she was using. she promptly dug out her hand cream and the minute i got to a jurlique counter, i grabbed this! it takes time for this cream to sink in. a little does go a long way. i can't stop smelling my hands after i use this. the rose scent is subtle. my hands are noticeably softened too. the hand creams come in lavender too. i had such a hard time deciding if i should get both, knowing that i do love lavender too.

*Dr Hauschka: this is an absolute gem. the scent is very subtle. some say that there is a rose scent but i can't detect this. but my skin literally drank this baby. between Jurlique and Dr H, i can't decide which one i like more. if you're in singapore, Dr H would be a better buy as it's not as filmy.

both Jurlique and Dr H come in travel sized versions so grab one of each to try. if you like lavender, go for InEssence. i find these 3 the best. theraputic and they do help to soften your hands and eradicate any dryness.
    Last edited by farahdean; 09-09-2003, 11:01 AM.

i use a lot of handcream too! i have to wash my hands alot at work! i apply handcream four times a day! morning before work, after lunch, before i go home from work, and before i sleep!

but most of the handcream that i've used are the low-end ones....

neutrogena hand cream - very very moisturizing! but it's fragance-free...like what mich said, i prefer something that smell nice!

M&S hand and nail cream - this stuff is good and cheap! i usually keep one on my office table top. (haha i only keep cheap handcreams in the office! I think my colleagues use them sometimes without asking me!!! expensive ones are to be kept in my handbag!)

H2O spa handcream - quite moisturizing. but i don't like the smell.

jurlique - i am using the rose one! using this baby every day!!! it really makes my hands smooth and soft! even my hubby notices!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kab
      neutrogena hand cream - very very moisturizing! but it's fragance-free...like what mich said, i prefer something that smell nice!
      i use that too.... but i need to let it dry before i do anything... its quite "sticky". :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
        i use that too.... but i need to let it dry before i do anything... its quite "sticky". :roll:
        If u wan something moisturisin w/o the stickiness, can try the gel type...
        I'm using Mavala hand gel, very moisturing minus the stickiness... and with calming smell too...

Comment

Hey Mich ! I'm a handcream fanatic too !

Those i tried:

1. L'Occitane Shea Butter Handcream - I consider this heavy-duty moisture for my hands and only use it at night. Does a good job of moisturising my hands but can be a tad too greasy and so i only use it just before bedtime.

2. Crabtree & Evelyn Lavendar Handcream - Nice scent and quality for a reasonable price($23 for a 100ml tube) and slightly greasy only compared to L'Occitane's. The subtle scent also means that i can apply this to my whole hand (up to elbow) to soothe my sensitive and sometimes itchy hands. Pretty nice !

3. Dr. Hauschka's Rose handcream - Heavenly scent!!!!! Everyone should get a tube of this lovely hand cream from Tangs right away!! I actually applied this repeatedly throughout the day just to smell my hands. I'm praying that one day, they will come up with a perfume with similar scent. The quality however is not excellent. Not bad but just not worth the price (50ml for $22 i think). My fingers have some rough edges from dryness and they are still there after finishing an entire tube. However, this is a truly non-greasy handcream. You know how many brands claim that their handcream are non-greasy but you still leaves hand prints trails behind? This is the one to get if you are afraid of greasy patches on your handphone or bag. For me, I'm buying this just for the scent!!!

4. Aesop Resuurection handcream - This is another divine product! Very lovely and calming scent(just like most Aesop products!). This comes in a glass jar though and so i can only use it at night instead of lugging it around in my bag. This REALLY softens my hand and it seems to be more intense than most handcreams i tried. I think they added some sercet ingredients to it that makes it works so well and smell soooooo good. A tad greasy too though. An A+++ product.

5. 7 Days to Beautiful Hand Cream - I must say that i would love this more if it have a therapeutic rose or lavendar scent, but instead this has an apricot-like scent which i don't really take to. Non-greasy is a plus but not the price!! Works pretty well in moisturising my hands though! A good buy if you are looking for a scent different from therapeutic scent. This can be a great perk-me-up smell!

6. Jurlique Lavendar Hand Cream - Lovely stuff! Expensive but works very well ! Slighly greasy upon application but gives it a minute or so to absorb into skin and TADA---> Lovely scented hands which are nicely moisturised! Rave for this must-have too!

I always re-purchase Aesop, Jurlique and Dr.Hauschka handcream. They works really well. Especially the Aesop one, if you are waiting for a near-miracle for your tortured hands, you MUST get it!

Comment

Currently into my 2nd tube of H20 Hand and Nail Cream.

This lotion ROCKS! Not sure if any of you gals try it. But its really nice and not oily and has not smell. But after applying it, I just cannot help but to keep touching my hands.

Its around 23 bucks for 180ml.
            Last edited by dolphin; 08-09-2003, 09:18 AM.

Comment

* Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Therapy - This is truely a lovely, refreshing scent. It moisturises my hands very well. This is one hand cream i will always stock up.

*Jurlique Rose Hand Cream - I the scent. But it is not my fave. I find it smells like a local drink - Bandung. I usually like to apply this on my feet before i go to bed. This is too moisturising on my hands but I can see the skin on my hands soften.

*L'Occitane Shea Butter Handcream - This is too moisturising for my liking. I usually use this on my feet rather than on my hands.

*7 Days to Beautiful Hand Cream - I this!! It has a strange scent - i'm bad at describing the exact scent for this hand cream. My hands are not greasy but it gives really enough moisture to my dry hands whenever i use this! Even use this outside a non air-con place, my hands do not feel a tad greasy. My current fave!
              Last edited by dolphin; 08-09-2003, 02:59 PM.

Comment

^ 5 to poonie for Dr H. i think i got to smell this again. when i used it, i couldn't detect much of a scent. i might have to change my review at cozypurrs. perhaps, i'm too addicted to jurlique.

ponnie and dol, where do you get 7 days to beautiful hand cream? it sounds lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat

ponnie and dol, where do you get 7 days to beautiful hand cream? it sounds lovely.
                  I was told that you can get it at most nail salons.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                    ^ 5 to poonie for Dr H. i think i got to smell this again. when i used it, i couldn't detect much of a scent. i might have to change my review at cozypurrs. perhaps, i'm too addicted to jurlique.

Hey Mich! The Dr H rose handcream has a really scent. I'm addicted to it.

I bought the 7 Days to Beautiful Hands cream at this manicure shop at Far East Plaza. I'm not sure of the exact address but i do see a distributor address at the back of the tube. It's a manicure saloon too by the way and here's it :

Color Zone Nails and Beauty Care
                    9 Bishan Place #02-23
                    Junction 8 Shopping Centre
                    Singapore 579837

Tel: 62591335

I saw another of their outlets at Compass point too!

HTHs

Comment

The only hand cream that I will buy and buy again is L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand cream. Bring back memories Strange that I buy products based on sentimental values and not because it's really great...that's just the way I am...

Sometimes I just double up my body butter as handcream...doesn't matter, right?

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                        The only hand cream that I will buy and buy again is L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand cream. Bring back memories Strange that I buy products based on sentimental values and not because it's really great...that's just the way I am...

Sometimes I just double up my body butter as handcream...doesn't matter, right?
                        Rac, I was using the L'Occitane She butter hand cream too. I use it at night when I require that extra treatment. Personally, I feel it's a little rich to be used in the day.

Thumbs up for Dr H rose handcream. Moisturising yet not greasy. The 7 Days to Beautiful Hands cream is wonderful too. It absorbs so quickly. Pity it's quite expensive.

Mich > I remembered Queenie has some contacts for the 7 days to Beautiful hands cream. A few of the ladies here including myself bough it from her during the last Cozy Swap party.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
                          I remembered Queenie has some contacts for the 7 days to Beautiful hands cream. A few of the ladies here including myself bough it from her during the last Cozy Swap party.
                          Dol says there's a weird smell, ya? What say you? I just check out the website. They have an outlet here at Paradiz...very near to where I work.

Comment

hehe
                            i also use loccitane shea butter...but i dun think that one is a hand cream ***...i used it for my cracked heel as well..very moisturizing...it reminds me of johnson baby lotion's scent very simple and nice...heheeh one large tube like a toothpaste...easy to use....but slightly heavy

at all times i also bring a small tube of marks and spencer different scent hand cream out...cheap n good...hehe i like the mint one...

Comment

Handcream I like, thanks to Farah and her constant nagging previously

Have tried Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source, 7 Days to Beautiful hand cream, Loccitane Shea Butter, Jurlique Rose Handcream and I recently test run my friend's Aesop.

Among all, 7 days is the least greasy but like Ponine, I wish the scent is better....I love roses Hence I really love the scent of Jurlique Rosehandcream. A pity this is slightly more greasy but it works wonder in aircon room. Same for Aesop. I love the scent. It is not as strong as Jurlique and has a calming scent. It takes sometime to absorb though the wait is worth it. It makes your hands really smooth....As usual a pity about the glass jar but this will be my next purchase for sure..

Mich Mich, you must try Aesop

Looks like Dr H is also on my wishlist

Comment

Working...
                              X