Spider Veins/Varicose Veins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider Veins/Varicose Veins

is there any cure for those green spider veins on our legs besides going for laser?

Digging out this thread, want to know too.

Just to share some information that I've found online.
    http://www.substance.com/body/basics...226020,00.html
    http://www.substance.com/body/basics...226046,00.html

Comment

Broken veins on your legs...

Just wondering anyone has like broken veins. I have a little of it but slight more when I get pregnant... My mom has more.. So I am kinda afraid I may get more...

Can someone advise if you have successful gotten cream or any form of treatment to treat it..

Comment

What is broken veins? Varicose veins you mean?

Oh btw can anyone help to explain what causes varicose veins? I don't have it, but I do notice it in some women while I am in the MRT....

Comment

Varicose veins can be gotten rid of by undergoing laser treatment or surgery, whereby the veins will be removed.

There are many causes for varicose veins. Weak veins, constant standing and walking all contribute to it.

Comment

to add to what qiu said, they can be removed by laser surgery but can recur again (i think highly likely since those who develop it are more prone to it in the first place? )

i have tons of tiny varicose veins and a few big ones. doesn't help that i'm quite fair and my skin's quite translucent on my body. my face has fine ones but they're not that bad. the worst ones are on my legs.

Comment

IIRC, varicose veins is also partially genetic. if your blood vessels lie closer to the surface, might be more prone.

Comment

i heard only healty diet and exercise will help...

Comment

I saw this brand "Skin Doctor" at watson that sell cream especially for spider veins (49.90 i think). I tried the anti-stretchmark cream before, didnt see alot improvement..but other creams also dont help stretch marks.
                  Varicose vein is more obvious in pregnant woman, because of the water retention and pressure biult up at the lower calf or ankle?

Comment

Advisable to approach the doctors for a diagnosis. While mild cases are easily zapped away with the lasers these days, the more severe cases where the veins are really swollen actually indicates more severe problems (weak valves in the blood vessel) and require surgery to strip the vein.

I also have this spider veins on face, thighs and ankles since young. Genetically inclined I suppose. Does not really bother me that much especially when I am tanned. But I am all for zapping them if I have the cash to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by xiaomay
                      is there any cure for those green spider veins on our legs besides going for laser?
                      There is no immediate cure for this depending on the severity of the varicose veins...only laser can make it disappear. But it will help if you drink alot of water daily. That's why bodybuilders don't drink water and dehydrate themselves before a competition. Their veins "pop" out and you get all the vein-y effect on their muscles. -eeee-

There are, however, botanicals you can use to constrict the veins so that they don't appear so big and ugly above the skin. Do msg me if you'd like to know more.

Comment

i had tried Skin Doctor" cream especially for spider veins. i see no improvement after 3 months.
                        i gave up and decided to go for scelerotherapy which cost me 88 bucks, done by a GP.
                        now my varicose veins is gone..it is worth the mild pain and swelling i had to put up for a week.

Comment

babybabe, can you tell us more about your treatment? where did you treat? how large is the ares? how many jabs did you receive? is more than one session required?

(obviously very keen in the treatment myself )

Comment

babybabe, i am keen to know more about the treatment you have done. May I know where are your varicose veins located??? how is the jab done and where is your GP located?

thanks

Comment

a lot of times varicose veins are hereditary/genetic .. i'm also keen to hear more about the jabs babybabe? can share details? my mom is looking for a way to get rid of hers .. mine are only slight on my legs and don't really bother me that much (very little and only on the inside) .. but she is quite keen to get rid of hers!

Comment

Working...
                              X