Feminine Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminine Wash

I did a search but nothing was talk about on Feminine Wash. Any raves/rants on what you are using now?
    • Lactacyd
    • Vagisil
    • Summer's Eve

i am using Summer's Eve cleanser, is just mild enough for sensitive area. The smell is nothing pleasant, just acceptable. It is considered expensive to me actually, i got my recent one during sale, $15+ for a 444ml with a free cream...

Comment

I'm using lactacyd... its mild, no unpleasant smell & nothing special... but i think its cheaper than Summer Eve's...

Comment

Actually I am wondering how we know if the particular brand is good or not. Just as long as we don't feel any discomfort or irritation right?

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
          Actually I am wondering how we know if the particular brand is good or not. Just as long as we don't feel any discomfort or irritation right?
          yes i think so. I would prefer something with nice smell like our body lotion!

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
            Queenie, yup... so long as you do not get any itch or things like that from using it. Most brands are the same in the sense that they are adjusted to a pH of 3.7 which is very close to the acidity of our natural vagina pH, and they do not contain "soap".

Personally I have tried Lactacyd and Summer's Eve. I prefer the latter cos of scent and the clear blue gel! Hahaha... I feel that the gel is easier to handle compaired to the runny fluid of Lactacyd too

Comment

Gel? It works like a liquid soap? :huh:

Comment

Queenie, what she meant by gel is like serum. Fluid is more like lotion......

Comment

Queenie, it is a "liquid soap" Like what Jemay mentioned, I used gel to describe the texture of the wash Sorry for not being clear enough

Comment

Docs actually don't recommend the use of feminie washes. They said soap and water is good enough. Usage of feminie washes might cause more bacteria to multiply instead. Can't remember what the logic was; just remember reading it in some health magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez
                      Docs actually don't recommend the use of feminie washes. They said soap and water is good enough. Usage of feminie washes might cause more bacteria to multiply instead.
                      Really? From my understanding, doctors do not recommend the ues of soap because of the high alkalinity in soap which increases the pH of the genital area and hence increase the chance of infection

Comment

That's strange. I got mine from my doctor. :huh:

Comment

Most doctors I've spoken to recommend using water alone. Vonnie is right - using our 'normal' body soap would mess up the ph levels 'down there' so it's ill-advised.

As for feminine washes, I think most doctors find them unnecessary? You shouldn't really be getting so dirty there and the smell's not meant to be 'pleasant' like our body lotions. But ultimately, it's personal preference as long as it doesn't give you thrush or yeast infections.

Comment

interestingly my doc said "we have self cleaning apparatus down there, no need for feminine washes...unless u dont shower everyday, that might cause some probs"
                            i was laughing my head when i heard that!

Comment

Xue -- that's what i heard too. but yeah i don't think there's much problem with using it, more with overusing it, causing imbalances.

Comment

Working...
                              X