Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skin art - Tattoo!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Skin art - Tattoo!

    hi, my fren & i contemplating to get a small tattoo done. can anyone here suggest any good & reliable ones? Must b professional & clean!!
    Last edited by zpy; 18-02-2004, 11:21 PM.

  • #2
    hi zpy, may i recommend Sam from Dreamscape. he's located at FEP. had the good fortune of watching him at work. he's known for his exceptional detailing. he's a true professional so you can expect everything to be sanitary and clean.

    Comment


    • #3
      You have to check out Jeremy (name of the tatoo artist) at Heeren level 5 (sorry, I forgot the name of the shop). Both hubby and me have 2 tattoos done by him and we're very happy with his work. His artwork is very tasteful and he is good at details, which makes him a good artist for small designs. Plus, he's really nice and comfortable to talk to, you'll love him!

      Comment


      • #4
        Johnny 2 Thumbs at FEP. Very popular, american sailors even come all the way here to get tattoos from them. Run by a father-and-son team. But have to go during off-peak hours to get maximum attention. Their artwork isn't too good when it's crowded.

        Comment


        • #5
          One of my tattoos are done by Johnny 2 thumbs and I have to say this: AVOID them at all costs. Tattoos are permanent, please dun take risks with J2T. Their attitude is not what I'd call fantastic, and the artwork is bleh! Perhaps they are only good with large all-over tattoos, this I'm not sure; Please dun go to them for small designs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mango
            One of my tattoos are done by Johnny 2 thumbs and I have to say this: AVOID them at all costs. Tattoos are permanent, please dun take risks with J2T. Their attitude is not what I'd call fantastic, and the artwork is bleh! Perhaps they are only good with large all-over tattoos, this I'm not sure; Please dun go to them for small designs.
            I agree. Hubby had one done by them and it's not terribly precise handiwork.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by michannat
              hi zpy, may i recommend Sam from Dreamscape. he's located at FEP. had the good fortune of watching him at work. he's known for his exceptional detailing. he's a true professional so you can expect everything to be sanitary and clean.
              second this..mine's also done by Sam,he's really very professional and detail, and his charges are reasonable. I realise throughout the whole process, he kept changing new glove,making me feel assured

              Comment


              • #8
                I've tried Johnny 2 Thumbs at FEP but that was many years back. Richard did a pretty neat job. I am not sure about their standard now. However I walked past Dreamscape & took a peek @ some of the photos on display, very detailed, very nice too.

                zpy, probably you can drop by the parlor, take a look at their designs or if you have some designs in mind, show it to them. They are the experts, so they would be able to provide you with some opinions which you might have overlooked to notice. In the meantime, see if you're comfortable with him doing your tattoo. Like what mango said, tattoo is permanent, so choose someone you're comfortable with & a nice design.

                :bestwish

                Comment


                • #9
                  thks gals for the advice. I've yet to decide to get one yet, am contemplating to get it done on the side of the hipbone, so that only when u wear bikini can see. But wondering if it be very painful coz the hipbone area does not have much flesh to cushion the pain???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by zpy
                    thks gals for the advice. I've yet to decide to get one yet, am contemplating to get it done on the side of the hipbone, so that only when u wear bikini can see. But wondering if it be very painful coz the hipbone area does not have much flesh to cushion the pain???
                    hipbone?! Yeah, prepare yourself for P.A.I.N Anywhere knobbly and boney is sure to cause alot more pain than fleshy areas. But for some people, its actually so painful that the whole area went numb...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      erm riding on this thread to ask a ??? question...

                      Can anyone describe the type of pain? Is it like needles pricking you repeatedly or is it a constant dragging pain??

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I only seen my ex bf did it, the pain will make you sweat and shiver. he did a big one on his chest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just saw this thread! Interesting...

                          Elaine, different people have different descriptions for the pain. For me, the pain was hellish. I went through 2 sessions of 4 hours each to complete mine. I almost died.... and I actually run a fever for 2 days. Having a fever after getting a tattoo is pretty common as your body is recovering from shock. Some of my friends described the pain as ants' bite (REALLY??? Not to me) For my bf, he didn't look like he's in pain. I guess he's used to it.

                          One of my gf is actually addicted to the pain that she's going back for more.

                          You have to go through this to describe the pain

                          FYI, imagine a needle dragging at your skin. If you can take this pain for more than 2 hours and sometimes on the same spot, go for it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            elainetsai, the threshold of pain differ between ppl. But it's very very addictive if you've gotten use to it.

                            raebelasian, 2 sessions of 4 hrs?? wow.. it must have been something huge?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Imagine picking up a not-so-fine-tipped needle. Poke it into your skin, hold it there, now drag the needle around with the needle IN your skin. That's what really happens and how it really feels.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X