Suds & Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suds & Light

When I got the box, I was *certain* the products had leaked because I could smell something already! Turns out, I was wrong and it's just proof of how strongly scented the products are.

On first sniff, I do like most of what I got.
    Sweet and Sassy: refreshing strawberry, almost sharp. Sweet and very cheerful smell. The kind that perks up you in the morning, especially on a Monday morning!

Apricot & Cream: My friend's first reaction was 'bubblegum'! I would say that it's almost the same as S&S, except the fruit's different (duh!). Sharper and more 'acidic', it doesn't really smell like Apricot to me, but that might just be due to my bad scent memory. Between the two, I'd prefer S&S though, since A&C is a tad too fruity and sharp.

Sugar Cookie: My friend hated it upon smelling it - too sweet and foody for her! I can definitely see that being a problem for some, especially those who don't share my (obsessive) love of foody scents. To me, it doesn't smell particularly like Cookies. It's similiar to S&S, but sweetened lots and mellowed too, with a touch of buttery cream or vanilla. This one is a bit difficult, haven't decided how much I like it yet.

Secret Crush: I think my nose is a little 'numb' after all that deep inhaling and sniffing, because I can't smell much of this at all! Compared to the other scents, which just hit you full blast, this is more of a subtle hint of a fragrance. Multiple sniffs yield multiple scents. The first note is predominantly fruity. A second sniff yields a strong sharp apple scent. And a third sniff reveals some hints of a powdery perfume. This scent just doesn't do it for me though.

Irish Cream: my favourite thus far! Very very buttery and creamy and rich. Decadently foody and oh so yummy. I definitely foresee trouble in preventing myself from just licking it! The only thing is, it doesn't really smell like Irish Cream to me! But hey, I like it so no complaints.

Vanilla Lace: I really can't place this scent! Perhaps it's because I got it in Goat's Milk Whipped Cream and the goat's milk affects the scent? There're definite hints of floral and I think it's probably the undertone of musk I detect and dislike. It smells very exotic and almost 'animal-like' to me. Reminds me of my dog after his shower - powdery and nice smelling, but with that undertone of 'doggy' smell.

Overall, I'm really pleased with my order! I didn't like certain scents, but it isn't really a source of complaint since it's probably more because of bad choices on my part.

Michelle was wonderfully obliging and helpful throughout the process of ordering. Her CS is excellent and definitely impressive. I would re-order simply because of that!

Haven't managed to test the textures of the creams yet (I got the Silky Shea Lotion, Goat's Milk Whipped Cream and Goat's Milk & Honey Body Lotion). Will review more when I do!

Hope you girls found this useful. Sorry it's so long!

REVIEW OF TEXTURES

Goat's Milk Whipped Cream was easily (and predictably) the lightest of the lot. Goes on smoothly and absorbed quickly, but still managed to moisturise. Dries to a smooth finish. I really like this texture!

Goat's Milk & Honey is light as well and absorbed relatively quickly. No complaints there either! It dried to a smooth finish like the whipped cream, but is a little 'creamier'? I still like it though, especially since it's half the price of the whipped cream.

Silky Shea Lotion was the greasiest of the lot, which isn't saying much actually! It's definitely far far from greasy, especially when compared to your usual shea butter products (I'm using Lush's King of Skin and massage bars as reference - those are really greasy for me!). It's just that compared to the other two textures, this took longest to dry off and still remained *slightly* sticky.

*phew* hope this helps!

Just a note of 'warning' - 4 oz is *tiny*! I swear I'd use up a quarter each time I apply it. Quite a bit of 'heart-ache' when I realise how little it is.

*EDIT* 4 OZ is NOT tiny! I'm been slathering on loads and after daily usage revolving around four bottles, there's barely been a drop in their levels.
    Last edited by xue; 10-03-2004, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Suds & Light

Hi everyone! I'm have never ordered from any e-tailers before, and thinking about ordering from S & L. Does anyone know what are the shipping rates to Singapore, for say four 2oz body cream? Or shipping rates quoted from Luna? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
      Last edited by snowstar; 21-03-2004, 08:18 PM.

Comment

hi dear, i think it's best you email S&L directly and ask

i've ordered from her before and she is prompt with emails

Comment

Reply from S & L

Thanks snowstar

I did just that and she already replied me. For two 4oz bottle body lotion @ USD5.50 each, the shipping is USD12.45. Wished the shipping weren't so expensive I guess I'll think about it.

Comment

it maybe cheaper to go through vpost...

Comment

Stupid Q: What is vpost? Sorry I'm a newbie here. hehehe ;-P

I might just order from Luna instead. I heard lots of wonderful things about their products too. And their shipping is cheaper.

Comment

more about vpost

how about doing us an intro @ CozyBabes too?

Comment

Thanks duckiee for the vpost thread. But isn't vpost cheaper only if I order expensive items? I mean say if I order a US$4 body cream, I still have to pay US$2 for the handling fee by vpost, and that doesn't seem very worth it.

Comment

momopeach,
                    info on vPost can be found on their website: vPost USA. the US$2 handling fee you mentioned is for the other US-SG redirect service eshopUSA.
                    vPost USA is by Singapore Post and charges redirecting shipments by weight.

I like S&L shea butter bodywash!

Comment

Luna vs S&L

Actually, both Luna and S&L use "already-made" lotion/cream bases. Some of their products are identical because they get their bases from the same company "Africian Shea Butter Company". So if you find that Luna offers a cheaper shipping, go for it!

Comment

I just started using their Shea Butter soap yesterday! Big rave!! It lather so easily!! Love the scent, Petals & Pears!!

Comment

I like their body lotion, it's great. Very light and absorbs easily. The Yuzu scent I have is fantastic, it's a fresh scent It's just abit more floral than the one from AD. Compared with my shea souffle from AZW, this wins hands down!

Comment

sales!

Got this off from the homepage! See here

SALE - APRIL 15TH 12 MIDNIGHT (EST) THRU 11:59PM (EST) 15 % OFF ALL PRODUCTS EXCLUDING BATH AND BODY SETS AND ITEMS ALREADY ON SALE (FEATHER LITE SOUFFLE AND PERFUME ROLLS) ON THE FOLLOWING SCENTS - WHILE SUPPLIES LAST - SITE WILL BE UPDATED AS SCENTS ARE SOLD OUT - PLEASE EMAIL ORDER TO [email protected] AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH A TOTAL

Comment

can anyone provide me some reviews on their products? wanna order and ask my brother to bring it back for me next month and i'm not sure if their products are good

Comment

Working...
                              X