Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The correct way of applying body lotion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The correct way of applying body lotion?

moisturising your body ???

hi, is it correct to apply the moisturiser on your body upwards (eg. fm ankle to knee and upwards) or downwards ??? :huh:

I only know that to moisturise the neck, it should be applied upwards.... for the face, it should also be upwards ??

thanks in advance !

I believe by applying the lotion in the upwards direction will prevent your skin from sagging. That's what I heard from my grandma.

Comment

AFAIK, ideally body lotion should be applied in the direction towards the heart (to encourage better blood circulation)

Comment

i apply upwards too. but i'm not too particular about how i atcually apply my body lotion.

Comment

yah, i guess upwards is always good. also, i heard that you are supposed to apply lotion after you take a shower while your skin is still damp. something like the lotion penetrates the skin better and keeps your skin more hydrated (and retains the moisture).

Comment

I apply my lotion upwards, but like Michannat, I'm not particular about how I apply my lotion, I'm a happy girl as long as I smell nice and yummy

Comment

I too apply my lotion upwards as well. I did not know that by applying upwards would encourage blood circulation? For me it was just a "normal" thing to do and this helps me to make sure that I apply moisturizer everywhere

Comment

i just slather it everywhere

Comment

Yup, I heard from Candeecake before about applying towards the heart as well.

Comment

I apply it upwards after my bath. Heard that it will absorb better when u apply it after the bath.

Comment

When applying lotion one common mistake that people make is rubbing it on dry skin. It may seem like the best solution but in actuality lotion is meant to lock in moisture, so in this case you will need to have damp skin.

The best time to apply lotion is right after you get out of a shower or bath because this is when your skin retains the most moisture. Instead of running the towel over you skin, press it lightly into your skin leaving a little bit of water.

Comment

i too apply lotion after bath. im not so sure if applying it upwards onto ur skin is more effective though. is this scientifically-proven?

Comment

would appreciate if someone can explain why applying lotion in an upward direction is better

Comment

i thought you're suppose to massage it ie. with massaging action, no?

Comment

Originally posted by xtinedev View Post
                              would appreciate if someone can explain why applying lotion in an upward direction is better
                              Think it helps with the lifting of the skin, so skin doesn't sag, esp on the face and the neck. I always apply it upwards cos gravity will pull your skin down as you age

Not too sure if it helps in the absorption of moisturiser though...

Comment

Working...
                              X