Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap Dishes anyone?

Hi guys!

Have got addicted to soaps recently after I bought a L'Occitane Shea Butter soap in Chestnut scent. Left my skin feeling so clean and smooth!

But I'm having problems with storing. Trying to find a nice big ceramic soap dish that has draining holes so that the soap doesn't get mushy and slimey.

Thinking of a big one too so that I can place a few soaps on it as I love to rotate scents.

Recommendations anyone? TIA~

I got a simple looking one from MUJI. It comes with drainage holes and a base for collecting the "drained" water.

Comment

L'Occitane soaps are superb. They don't get all "mushy". The soap dish I have is a porcelain one from Crabtree & Evelyn. It's a GWP and although it doesn't have draining holes, the L'Occitane soap still holds up well on it.

Comment

I am child at heart so I really like the "Happy House" soap dish which is available at Takashimaya which has a cat with fish designs on the soap dish. It is as if the cat is looking at a pond with the fish inside!

I also like the TNS wooden soap dish which is really sturdy and is made of rosewood.

Both of these soap dishes have holes in them to drain the water as well

Edited: Oh I am sorry I did not catch the part saying you wanted ceramic dishes!

Comment

just wondering, why ceramic? my shower don't really have the space for a ceramic soap dish (and i'm very clumsy so i'm afraid i'll end up breaking it ) so i use a plastic soap dish.

Comment

Linda: I do so totally agree. L'Occitane soaps dont get mushy at all! So surprised. Just lathered really well and cleans so thoroughly. Feel so clean after showering these days, but yet my skin doesnt feel tight. Wonderful! Liked it so much, I went to buy the Bourbon Vanilla Shea Butter soap after work today. Now I can rotate! And chanced upon this really cute and nice smelling rose soap that's newly launched by them. Smelled so much like freshly plucked rose petals~ Had to buy one. Bad me....

Stilafaux: The cat and fishes one sounds so cute! But I'm a dog lover though....

Joanna: Cos I figured it might be easier to clean. U know when u use soap dishes for long, there's always the soap scum left at the bottom. Thought that wooden and plastic soap dishes might not be as easy to clean as ceramic ones, where the soap scum could come off in a jiffy with hot/warm water.

I'm using a normal plastic one now by the way. One of those which reminds one of primary school days. But a bit small as I only have room for my L'Occitane soap now. Forsee I'll need a larger one very soon (what with my new purchases just today) !

Comment

ahh i see!
              happy hunting! will keep a look out for you

Comment

thanx joanna!

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
                  I am child at heart so I really like the "Happy House" soap dish which is available at Takashimaya which has a cat with fish designs on the soap dish. It is as if the cat is looking at a pond with the fish inside!

I also like the TNS wooden soap dish which is really sturdy and is made of rosewood.

Both of these soap dishes have holes in them to drain the water as well

Edited: Oh I am sorry I did not catch the part saying you wanted ceramic dishes!

HEY! I like that too! I like the one with the bunny! ^5!

Comment

This sounds cute! Gotta check this out!

Comment

dolphin > yes you should! It's only around <$15!

Comment

Originally posted by lovedust
                        dolphin > yes you should! It's only around <$15!
                        really? how big is it? sounds tempting.... which part of taka is it located in? hope they have one with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
                          This sounds cute! Gotta check this out!
                          Yeap!! it was at first sight!

Comment

Originally posted by saluki
                            really? how big is it? sounds tempting.... which part of taka is it located in? hope they have one with dogs.

It'sl located near the entrance of Takashimaya where the McDonald's is.
                            the one with lots of stuff toys and stationary around the area.
                            On the same level as the Taka's "Talking Hall"

HTHs!

Comment

It'sl located near the entrance of Takashimaya where the McDonald's is.
                              the one with lots of stuff toys and stationary around the area.
                              On the same level as the Taka's "Talking Hall"

HTHs!
                              just went to Taka this evening to try and search for the soap dishes. couldnt find them though. maybe they're not being sold anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X