Dy skin dermatitus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dy skin dermatitus?

I have these spots on my arms and the doctor says it is probably dry skin dermatitus and he sugegsted washing less often or changing to a milk soap.

Anyone else have this? Did they find a solution as i love my baths and showers.

Try using shower creams instead of shower gels. Creams are less drying than gels. Especially after scrubbing, shower creams brings the moisture back to the "raw" and "scrubbed" skin.

Thereafter, after showering, apply body creams or lotion.

HTH

Comment

sounds pretty similar to what i have! avoid scrubbing & harsh soaps. in the past, i just used cetaphil & that, together with a cream the doc prescribed worked quite well.

but the doc think its pretty minor & doesn't want to prescribe the cream to me again :roll: so i'm just moisturising religiously & trying to avoid scrubbing that area.

Comment

I get this as well when the skin on my body is too dry. Just apply body lotion after your shower or bath, that should help.

angie

Comment

I tell ya...

I think this topic has come up before?? Its from skin cells not sloughing ( love that word) off properly.

You need to exfoliate and keep the skin moist. Someone from here put me on to moogoo soap for this and thats why I first bought it. Even though its a bit of a pain to get as it is online, il never use anything else as it has improved my skin overall so much, not just my arms. All I can say is all those soaps and cleansers with detergent -arghhh for years of making my skin need moisturizers and other products.

After learning more about what they put in soap and "soap alternatives" I have become really conscious of what they put in everything and always read the ingredients. For example, on tv the other night was a thing about what they put in baby food to make it cheap to make...anyway...another topic right??

Comment

I think exfoliating will be too harsh on your skin if you have atopic dermatitis (also known as eczema). I get eczema on my face and I use a cleansing milk which is much gentler than foaming washes. If you get it on your body, do as someone suggested and switch to a shower cream (eg. dove) instead of using a shower gel or soap. Another option is to use cetaphil. Steriod creams (eg. cortisone) helps but it's not recommanded for long term use.

Comment

Try using organic or less harsh shower pdts. My daughter has been suffering from eczema and dermatitus since birth, dermatologists and paediatrician recommends that she must be moisturised up to 5 times a-day. Of course, I didnt have time for that, i'm working. So after each shower, I will massage moisture cream for her entire body. The trick is to keep moisturising ***, and better to use cream (richer). She has been using this derma brand which is available at Guardian - A Derma shower oil and the moisture cream. Her condition has improved alot.

Comment

think Eucerin works well for ezcema skin as well..very gentle with ph5.5

Comment

is this those white rough spots that pops up??

Comment

I use Cetaphil and Dermaveen..

Comment

My eczema onli seems to come up now n again.. usually wen i eat seafood but wen it does i use this ointment called Betnovate and it clears up really quickly. I think there are 2 types of this ointment... one comes in a pinkish tube and the other 1 is orange which i use. So anyone who hasnt used dis ointment b4 maybe u can ask ur GP about it.

hope it works, stay healthy

Comment

Betnovate is a steroidal cream so long term use may thin your skin... May be wise not to use it too often unless the eczema flare up cannot be resolved by any other means. Besides Cetaphil, Dermaveen washes, you gals may want to try this product usually use on babies/ young children.. California Baby Calendula cream .. Can be found in some Watson's outlets.. This is made of natural ingredients and very effective! HtHs!

Comment

these posts are helpful!

Comment

I love to take hot hot showers and even hotter baths ( like the onsen) I cannot live without this hot shower at least 1x a day...as a result, my body skin is dry.
                            One of my dermatologist friend mentioned that taking very hot showers can actually dry out your skin like being outdoors in the sun!
                            Thus she recommended that I use a body lotion with aloe vera and/or with vitamin e after my hot shower to replenish the moisture lost.

I hope this helps!

Comment

udderly smooth with aloe vera & vitamin e

my brother just bought this brand called udderly smooth body lotion with both aloe vera & vitamin e from guardian...it's a huge pump bottle of over half litre...
                              besides fixing our family's dry skin, i have tried this on my face as my night cream before I go to bed!
                              it is really moisturizing and very good...
                              Last edited by deegle; 28-08-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X