Depilatory Creams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depilatory Creams

Would like to check with those of you who have used hair removal creams before, is the regrowth pokey/stubby/itchy?

Thank you!

no prob, cherie

vonnie, hair removal creams didnt give me stubs and such but i was allergic to it.... got raised bumps and red dots
    imagine me scratching my legs all day!
    thank goodness, i didnt apply in other places!

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
      vonnie, hair removal creams didnt give me stubs and such but i was allergic to it.... got raised bumps and red dots
      imagine me scratching my legs all day!
      thank goodness, i didnt apply in other places!
      Oh, poor you! What an experience Thanks for the reassurance that it doesn't give stubs. Time for me to go by one then

Comment

Veet Bladeless Shave

Any reviews on the new veet bladeless shave product? Does it cause ingrown hairs??
        Last edited by xangelicj; 16-11-2004, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Bladeless shaver? I don't think so. It's pretty much just a depilatory cream which they try to market as a shaver.

Comment

and it's kind of expensive for one too .. $19.90?

Comment

pardon the ignorance...

what's a depilatory cream?

Comment

A depilatory cream is a hair removal cream that you apply and it dissolves your hair on the surface so when you rinse the cream off you remove the hair as well. Since it removes the hair on the surface and not at the root like waxing, it definitely does not last longer than normal shaving. Also it is a chemical so it really stinks, especially when combined together with the smell of burnt hair.

Comment

i see... thanks babyflite!!!

Comment

I bought one but have not tried it out yet..I bought mine for $16.50 at the John Little Warehouse Sale

Comment

do give reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
                        Bladeless shaver? I don't think so. It's pretty much just a depilatory cream which they try to market as a shaver.
                        yep! that's exactly what i thought too when i first saw the ad! :roll:

Comment

okay,tried the cream today.The smell was not that bad,rather okay with it when I squeezed it out.After application on my leg,the cream started to smell a little,not very obvious scent though,no worries...Definitely not as bad as other depilatory cream I've tried before.
                          they said max application is 8 mins,and the effect is suppose to be done within 3 mins.But just in case,I left it on for 4 mins before starting to scrap the cream off.Saw hair coming off with the cream,then I went to wash it off.

After showering~Legs feel very,very smooth.Cream washed off easily and no smell lingered at all.Hair; all gone

Overall,rather pleased with it.Was skeptical in the beginning,but I think I can get used to this.

Comment

hi ange!! do update on how long the effects last ok? thanks a lot!!!

Comment

sure thing!haha,I can't wait to see how long it lasts too...My normal shave only lasts abt 3 days??? before it gets all fuzzy again,argh.Annoying~

Comment

Working...
                              X