Soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap

Hi everyone. I make soap as part of my hobby and i really need you gals help for some information on your favourite scent and so on... I am currently doing some research and i hope you gals would be able to help me.

Do you prefer essential oil scent or some fragrance scent instead?

Is the colour of the soap more important or the additives( oatmeal/ honey/ loofah etc)

Does the packaging plays important role ? or would not mind if the packaging is just so so but the product is quite good?

My favourite scent for now is Origins Ginger Soap.

It's not overpowering and yet the scent is intriguing.
    The ingredients of the soap matters more. It shouldn't be harsh to the skin. Packagaing does play an important role (as much as pricing). Well, first impression counts.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. mmmm ginger. but everytime i make ginger scrub or soap i tend to sweat.lol

Comment

i like sweet smells. i dont think the packaging matters too much, but it is kinda good cuz if i dont get a recomendation for something and the packaging isnt that great i usually wont buy it. ingrediants are the most important

Comment

i love soaps from lush.... simply the best!

Comment

i cant use soap for my skin

Comment

what do u use then, weilin?

Comment

I prefer citrus scents. But these scents usually 'wake' me up, so I'll only use citrus-scented 'stuff' in the morning! I've actually not used soap for a loooong time. The last time I did was handmade soap from Thailand. The scent was not fantastic, but quality was quite good.

To answer liljazzy's questions, I would love to try out soaps with essential oils, especially if there's a writeup on what are the benefits. However, I'll usually choose the better smelling soap if given a whole lot to sniff and choose.

Colour and packaging is important to me. Unless I've heard good reviews, I normally won't purchase a not-so-attractive looking soap. HTHs!

Comment

Originally posted by citrella
                  My favourite scent for now is Origins Ginger Soap.

It's not overpowering and yet the scent is intriguing.
                  The ingredients of the soap matters more. It shouldn't be harsh to the skin. Packagaing does play an important role (as much as pricing). Well, first impression counts.

I have this one too citrella! Do you chop the big soap up into smaller pieces to use or you just use the whole football's worth?

Was trying to chop but its kinda tough!

Comment

rose scent...??anybody??

Comment

Do you prefer essential oil scent or some fragrance scent instead?
                      --- I prefer essential oil scent.

Is the colour of the soap more important or the additives( oatmeal/ honey/ loofah etc)
                      -- I would say both are equally important. E.g. even if the additives are what I like, but if the colour puts me off, I don't think I will use it.

Does the packaging plays important role ? or would not mind if the packaging is just so so but the product is quite good?
                      -- Packaging is important. You can't deny that girls especially sometimes buy things on impulse just for the "cute" paakaging.

Comment

Originally posted by angeline78
                        rose scent...??anybody??
                        not really but loccitane rose shower gel is nice. better than crabtree.

Comment

thanks for the headsup Audrey. i've always loved Crabtree's offering. it might be time to make a switch.

Comment

i like mine citrusy or minty!
                            In clear colored bars .

Comment

rose shower gel from l'occitane is very different and thescent lasted for hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X