Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scars on legs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scars on legs

    There are scratch scars on my legs that I wish to get rid of. They are the kind where you scratch due to itch and it leaves a scar. I don't know what I can do to remove them. Any advise?

    I love skirts but because of these scars I don't dare to wear them.

  • #2
    I get scars like this too because I suffer from ezcema.

    Anyhow, I find sunbathing does the trick for me and helps them fade away quite quickly. If you're not keen on that, try Rose Hip oil, as that's meant to be good for scars (do a search on it, and you'll find an individual thread on the subject)

    Comment


    • #3
      If your scars still new, maybe you wish to consult your GP? It works for me. For those older scars, I use the T-cream from derma-rx before applying lightener. Its pretty effective for me. Just my 2 cents worth.

      Comment


      • #4
        Fade-out cream has been my saviour since early 90s. They helped me to remove my 5cts, 10cts as well as occasional dark scars from scratching.

        Success-Fade is not as effective.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vernis
          Fade-out cream has been my saviour since early 90s. They helped me to remove my 5cts, 10cts as well as occasional dark scars from scratching.

          Success-Fade is not as effective.
          What's a fade out cream? Where do i purchase it?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fantasia
            I get scars like this too because I suffer from ezcema.

            Anyhow, I find sunbathing does the trick for me and helps them fade away quite quickly. If you're not keen on that, try Rose Hip oil, as that's meant to be good for scars (do a search on it, and you'll find an individual thread on the subject)
            Thanks! Your post really helped, didn't know of Rose Hip Oil till you posted.

            Sunbathing normally doesn't work on me. Haha. Tried it before.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tryne
              If your scars still new, maybe you wish to consult your GP? It works for me. For those older scars, I use the T-cream from derma-rx before applying lightener. Its pretty effective for me. Just my 2 cents worth.
              T-cream? What lightener do you use? Mine's an old scar.

              Used to be too active in sports and fell often plus some mosquitoes made it worse. I've got very sensitive skin so when I get an itch it tends to be very bad. That explains the scar. Sigh.

              Comment


              • #8
                U can find them in Guardian but ex. Much cheaper in normal toiletries shops. btw 9 to 12 bucks. Has got two formula, normal & sensitive(slightly more ex). Come in jar form w/ box & instruction within. MUST rub hard on scars & they will improve tremendously after few weeks but must at the same time carryout regular scrubbing. It helps & hasten up the healing process. HTHs!

                Comment


                • #9
                  wow tried and proven?

                  will check it out soon!


                  i have a big patch of scar on my shin and its ugly especially when im a all-day-mini-wearer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hi..

                    so have you actually tried the fade out cream? did it work for you? jus wondering..cause i have scars on my legs as well.. and it's really ugly..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm getting the rose hip oil from citrella. She's a sweetie. She offered to get it for me.

                      I'll tell you how I feel about it once i've tried it ok? :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i also wan to get rose hip oil.. rem reading from some thread someone mentioned that rose hip oil can be found in guardian... anyway I found it in yahoo auction !! hee

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have ezcema on my legs as well, I went to DRX and Dr Tan gave me T cream to apply. Within one week and the marks lighten quite alot!! I am impressed!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I use AHA for my body and leg scars. It might take some time for them to go away but it works for me so far. I bought my AHA solution from Neostrata. 100ml for $48 IIRC.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hmm, so i guess the rose hip oil is not available in s'pore? really would wanna try it though.. sounds that this product is effective.

                              oh, hi to all you cotters..i'm new here

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X