Epilator - hair remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epilator - hair remover

I'm always lazy when it comes to removing hair, but when i need to do it, i usually do it quickly with my philips battery operated lady's shave. Can't really get a close shave, but enough for hair not to be seen obviously. For underarms and legs. I also bought a philips satinelle epilator to remove hair from the roots, but i got the problem of ingrown hair and stopped since. I leave my long hairy arms as they are. I'm not used to seeing my arms naked For brows, i tweeze.

I use an epilator from Braun. For my underarms, legs, arms ... even bikini line. Ouch! 8O But you do get de-sensitised from the pain after a while.

When I want a quick one, I use my Gillette Venus .

For brows I either pluck or shave with a Japanese blade.

Comment

i use an epilator too
      i think it's philips?

Comment

Epilators...Effective?

does epilating really work? thinking of getting the Phillips satin ice one...it looks so convenient! Just afraid of ingrown hair and that it doesn't pull out every strand well....

Tell me what you think if you own one! Thanks.

Comment

never used one but saw my bf's sis using this. She used this while watching tv. Still stick to my trusty shaver.

OT: The sound emitted out reminds me so much of the sound of tattooing...

Comment

I've been using epilators for years. Mine is the Braun one, so I can't tell you anything about the philps. It hurts like hell at first but you get used to it after a while.

With epilating, ingrown hair is pretty non-existent. Every bit bit of hair is pulled out but you'd have to go over the same area a few times for it to be effective.

Comment

I am using the phillip one. but not the one with the icepack - i am using the cheapest one. :o: i can tolerate the pain. it's not that bad.

i have some ingrown hair after using it, but then now i start using a body scrub, the situation gets better.

and you have to run it through the same area several times to make sure all the hair are removed.

but the hair that grow again are finer and lesser in number.

Comment

Hmm...looks like I have the worst results with an epilator. Mine is braun, yellow in colour with 8 tweezers (instead of 4). It doesn't seem to work for me though I run it thru the same area more than few times, some hairs are still intact. My threshold for pain when it comes to beauty is high, so there wasn't much unbearable pain. I find it hard to remove the finer hair or the hairs that aren't long enough. Plus, I seem to have tons of ingrown hair when using an epilator, comapred to DIY waxing or shaving.

Comment

Reminds me of a lawn mower whenever i used it. I have the philips epilator, just the regular one. I still use my philips shaver whenever i'm running out for time. Ingrown hair due to epilating is quite common for me, i must remember to scrub harder next time. I can't remember to use tendskin.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
                    Hmm...looks like I have the worst results with an epilator. Mine is braun, yellow in colour with 8 tweezers (instead of 4). It doesn't seem to work for me though I run it thru the same area more than few times, some hairs are still intact.

mango, does your Braun have a removable plastic attachement? Is so , take that thing off - mine worked so much better without it.

Comment

hmmm...now i'm quite undecided whether to get one, cos i hate ingrown hair... It's $135! too much for a student like me.... thanks for the replies though... I'll go ponder somemore...heh...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamie
                        Reminds me of a lawn mower whenever i used it.
                        haha! that was exactly what i thought....a lawnmower!

if budget is tight, you can try the Babybliss one that is made in the UK. It was on sale some time back at Carrefour for about $19 or $29. I've never tried other brands before...but i thought for that kind of price it works pretty decently. I hv to run over the same area a few times too.....but this is the same problem for the more expensive ones.

As for ingrown hair, i have this problem when i wax too. Must scrub harder next time. Using the epilator is definitely more convenient for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia
                          hmmm...now i'm quite undecided whether to get one, cos i hate ingrown hair... It's $135! too much for a student like me.... thanks for the replies though... I'll go ponder somemore...heh...
                          I'm not studying but I'm on a tight budget and I am also undecided to get an epilator.

I have a confession. I don't remove the hair on my legs/arms. They are so puny weeny fine and small that unless someone cares to look close, they won't be able to see the hairs. I know it's a huge makeup faux pas

Comment

Kare, if you have really fine hair, I say dont bother with removing them! Why waste the time & money with something you can hardly see in the 1st place?

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia
                              $135? I think you can get a Braun one for about $50. I bought the $135 one recently & I thought my old $50 one worked better.

I dont get ingrown hair with epilating leh ... only with shaving. Maybe you can try scrubbing if you find you're getting the ingrowns ...

Comment

Working...
                              X