Clear All

• Singapore Spas

Amrita Spa, #06-01 Westin Plaza Hotel, TEL:63364477

A-Scent Body, #05-26 Delfi Orchard, TEL:67381656

Asian Spa Fullerton Hotel, 1 Fullerton Square, TEL:68778183

Aspara Goodwood Park Hotel, 22 Scotts Road, TEL:67323933

Carita House of Beauty, 4th floor, Wisma Atria, TEL:67348284

Clarins Beauty Studio Robinsons, Raffles City, Level 1, TEL:63373790

Esthetica Takashimaya Day Spa, Takashimaya Shopping Centre 391A Orchard Road, #04-17/18, TEL:67337000

Estheva Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade, Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade 442 Orchard Road, #02-17, TEL:67338200

HelioAsia Spa 290 Orchard Road, The Paragon #05-27/30, TEL:67338922

Phytomer Spa Rasa Sentosa, Level 1, Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Sentosa Island, TEL:62702933

Reflections Beauty Spa, #03-12 Midpoint Orchard, TEL:67345373

Renewal Day Spa, Orchard Rd #17-02 Tong Building, TEL:67383521

Renewal Day Spa, UE Square #04-15 UE Square Shopping Mall, TEL:67355665

Renewal Day Spa, Fort Canning 3rd floor, Fort Canning Country Club, TEL:63367012

Spa Botanica, 2 Bukit Manis Road, Sentosa, TEL:62750331

Spa Valley, #05-19, Ngee Ann City Tower B, TELL:62354341

St Gregory's Spa Therapeutic Spa, #08-01 Tower A, Novena Square, TEL:62982234

St Gregory's Spa Javana Spa, #04-301, The Plaza Hotel, TEL:62908028

St Gregory's Spa Marine Spa, 1st floor, Grand Plaza Hotel, TEL:64325588

St Gregory's Spa Aroma Spa, Conrad Centennial Singapore, Two Temasek Boulevard, TEL:63348888

St. Gregory Medi Spa, Thomson Lifestyle Centre 5th Level, Thomson Medical Centre, 339 Thomson Road, TEL:63526550

Spa Espirit, 18A Lorong Mambong, Holland Village, TEL:64681292

Swiss Renaissance Spa, #02-19/21 Wheelock Place, TEL:67337138
    Last edited by nicole; 05-07-2004, 02:31 AM.

Spa Resort Recommendation

Hi all :O)

I was thinking of giving myself a treat and going on a short getaway trip to a nearby quiet, peaceful, relaxing (spa) resort!

I'm not too sure whether I should target Bintan, bali, phuket etc..

Does anyone have any good suggestions? With approx. costs if possible. Thanks ladies! :D

Comment

Hi sky thanks for responding

My friends have also suggested Bali cos prices are supposed to be quite low there now.

I was also hoping for somewhere a bit more safe cos I actually think I'll be going on my own..

I thought Bintan was convenient but a friend told me today that a singaporean girl just got found murdered there recently? is that true or was she just scaring me?

Comment

i've not heard of any bintan murders but then again, u can get murdered in SG too. i've been to the outskirts of thailand and philippines with strangers in a group and i'm fine so just excercise the usual caution

as for bintan, if u stay within the resorts and use commonsense, there wouldn't be any problems coz that's practically a singapore colony. i've been to bintan alone (my friend had last minute passport problems) and it was safe; i was at angsana and didn't venture out of the resort (because i'm slack, that's the real reason, rather than safety) and i enjoyed it - nobody to irritate me, nobody to pay attentionto, nobody to bug me, no phone calls, no nothing; all on my own away from the city, woohoo!

BUT it's more expensive going alone than in pairs - coz the room accomodates two so u have to pay more than what u pay if u split a 2x bill in half

Comment

Re: any gd spa resorts to recommend?

Originally posted by "debby"

Hi all :O)

I was thinking of giving myself a treat and going on a short getaway trip to a nearby quiet, peaceful, relaxing (spa) resort!

I'm not too sure whether I should target Bintan, bali, phuket etc..

Does anyone have any good suggestions? With approx. costs if possible. Thanks ladies! :D
          Any budget? Bayan Tree in Bintan is great for a short quiet getaway. If not Angsana is a good choice. U can hop to the Bayan Tree spa easily since they are sisters. Angsana's rooms are great too. Very comfy and clean. I like the Bayan Tree at Phuket as well.....hmmm...dreaming of a spa holiday now myself...

Comment

thanx ladies!

Yeah if I do go I wouldn't venture out of the resort either.. I would be too busy being a beach bum.

Btw, are these beach resorts hotel rooms? Or little huts that you walk out of to the beach? I know that Banyan Tree has these villas but they cost an extravagant sum of money per night and I'm not looking to spend that much..

Comment

I know that Banyan Tree has these villas but they cost an extravagant sum of money per night and I'm not looking to spend that much..
              Debby, these pool villas are PARADISE ON EARTH!!!

DO check out their website, they may have some good deals on these villas now...you MUST stay in one of these at least once in your life!!!

Comment

if u're on your own, i would reccommand a room - the angsana one is a cross between a hotel and chalet room with balinese furniture and it's really quite nice + mine faces the sea (q a distance but still nice) and i spent lots of time just sitting on the balconey with coffee/tea, a book, and a notebook - totally therapeutic!

i would only go for those villas if u're going with your SO coz it's nice, quiet, and away from other people...

but if u're there with a galfriend or on your own, the little huts can be quite scary...i've stayed in those before alone and eeps, no thanks...very VERY quiet at night and all in a room u've never been before; to be honest, i ended up bunking with others whenever i'm in those little huts/villas alone. and i think it's safer in a room if u're on your own or with a galfriend. i'm sure bintan's safe but u can never been too cautious when travelling on your own - i've heard single female tourists (isolated cases but STILL) staying in beach resort huts getting murdered and raped in the philippines! so if going on your own - opt for something u feel safe staying in - angsana is pricier than other more casual resorts on bintan but i would feel much safer staying alone there. but angsana's sea sports facilities not that hot

Comment

Hehe bluebubble, I actually asked you some qns abt staying at Angsana in Bintan on FP, please check and I wld appreciate any replies when you're free! :D

pan, those villas cost a fortune!! I think I will save up for that for my honeymoon or smthg. ROFL!!

Comment

hey ladies

Sorry if this is a bit too much news to share ;p

But I'm so disappointed cos apparently it's that time of the month for me again! How can I go for spa sessions like this??

Any tips? I already booked myself into angsana for this wk and paid for it in full too.. SIGH!

Comment

i think it's ok, just use a tampon or skip the pool/jacuzzi

Comment

hey ladies

Sorry if this is a bit too much news to share ;p

But I'm so disappointed cos apparently it's that time of the month for me again! How can I go for spa sessions like this??

Any tips? I already booked myself into angsana for this wk and paid for it in full too.. SIGH!
                        oh dear, this is sucky

I was told not to go for massage during the time of the month cos the massage promotes blood circulation....if u know what i mean :wink:

any way to defer the trip? if not, i guess u can only go for scrub or mud treatments and use tampons. no choice huh?

btw have u checked out their spa menu? it's advisable to book early cos the more popular time slots run out fast. oh yes! since angsana and banyan tree are sister companies and they share a common stretch of beach, you can hop over to check out the spa at banyan tree also. just ask the resort to send u there in a buggy.

Comment

Can't defer the trip :/

Actually I've never successfully used a tampon before and right now there's only spotting hence only the need for liners (you can't use tampons until the flow is medium-heavy right?)

Sigh, dunno if I should do online reservations now or not.. what if it gets heavier and I can't do anything besides facials.. on the flip side, if I don't book online and I wait and see if it gets heavier but it doesn't, then I'll kick myself..

aaackl!

Comment

if it's just spotting, maybe you're still in time to get to doc for medication to delay your period. that's what i'm taking this month. I need to change my cycle so that it does not coincide with my bangkok trip next month.

Comment

Originally posted by "keiko"

if it's just spotting, maybe you're still in time to get to doc for medication to delay your period. that's what i'm taking this month. I need to change my cycle so that it does not coincide with my bangkok trip next month.
                              to delay yr period, my doc normally would advise me to take a week before the actual day so it actually works to stop on time. think with spotting, not much luck on the delay pill. i've always taken it in advance of a week!

Comment

Working...
                              X