Slimming Centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slimming Centres

anyone has any experience with slimming centres, pls share.
    Last edited by teiko; 24-03-2004, 06:12 PM.

I heard that Marie France is really good but it's quite expensive..
    My tutor put on alot of weight during her pregnancy and after she gave birth, she was under a slimming programme at Marie France and she lost ALOT of weight, in a matter of 2 months She looks so thin now.. almost underweight!

Comment

interested in this topic also....
      i need to lose several pounds, exercise and a proper diet would probably do~~
      but i have naturally wide/fat calves and was wondering if slimming centres could help. i haven't worn a skirt for ages because i'm so self-concious about my legs :piss:

Comment

They do help. I signed up with Mary Chia many years back. Actually it's the machines that do the work. Other stuff like telling you what to eat, buying the slimming gels, teas etc, forget about that. Don't let the SA corner you into buying those useless stuff.

If you want to just go for the toning session, Expressions used to have a good deal. Tone an area for only $199/treatment, minimum 10 treatments. You've to be really religious in doing the treatments though. Go like everyday for the 1st week.

Some of the things that machines do are: compress the area. And it's really compress! Squeeze you like a python.
        Another toning method they use is a prickling massage. Can be really uncomfortable. Feels like ants biting you all over.
        After that, the SA will massage you with her bare hands. Those with really good strength, whew! Feels like a python as well.
        Some salons use a combination of the above three toning types.

Or you can buy the Osim toning machine, you know the advertisment that this girl wearing a puple suit, went to the gym, then just sat there and eat an apple and read while some pads were attached to her tummy? That's the kind of technology that slimming centres use but their machinces are the big type, so can see the results faster.

Aibi also sell such machines, which are non-portable and have stronger power. They range from $299-$2000.

Comment

I've also went on a series of slimming treatments at a spa within Planet Fitness (Suntect). Jannah Spa.
          Quite a good deal: 40 sessions for around $1300.

I think i can better afford this kind than Marie France. My friend went Marie France spent $7000. it works cos they also gave her a diet list on what to eat and what not to. And she stuck to the schedule faithfully initially so she did slim down. But now, she's back to square one.

For me my problem is waist down. got big thighs and calves. I exercise regularly but no use so i went thro this 2 machines called lipo shape and lipo drain.

lipo shape uses electrode current waves - and degree of power can be adjusted - higher it goes, more effective but more painful.
          I can only tahan till 70-80%. and after the session , you feel a bit cramp on the target area. the aching feel is like you've spent hours working out in the gym. Good for fat breakdown or cellulite.

lipo drain is for lymphatic drainage - in other words, get rid of toxins, extra water that stopping weight loss. This machine uses air pressure, they put u in a 'giant pants' and the machine will pump air inside and massage you - compress release, compress release. Quite good and comfy though.
          Solves my heavy legs problem (due to water retention and blood circulation). cures my constipation too!

Spent a good 2K! value for money. but quite addictive cos if you don't continue, my leg problems come back - water retention, bloatedness etc..

Saw a De Beaute opening ad yesterday. they offering $380 for 30 sessions. i calculated : 1 session for $10. Unbelievable cheap! But don't know good or not la. Maybe they will hardsell more things when u go. I don't know.

Tempted to go Marie France or Expressions. But they look very expensive...

Also considering day surgery in places like Thailand or phillipines - heard they've something like injection in your target area and the fat will be flushed out when you pass motion.

Cost around $1K plus. i think quite good deal. will find out more...

Will keep u gals updated ya!

Comment

Hey there, Mobybear! Thanks so much for sharing all these with us! Welcome to CC Do let us get to know you better over at CozyBabes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mobybear
              lipo shape uses electrode current waves - and degree of power can be adjusted - higher it goes, more effective but more painful.
              I can only tahan till 70-80%. and after the session , you feel a bit cramp on the target area. the aching feel is like you've spent hours working out in the gym. Good for fat breakdown or cellulite.

lipo drain is for lymphatic drainage - in other words, get rid of toxins, extra water that stopping weight loss. This machine uses air pressure, they put u in a 'giant pants' and the machine will pump air inside and massage you - compress release, compress release. Quite good and comfy though.
              Solves my heavy legs problem (due to water retention and blood circulation). cures my constipation too!

Spent a good 2K! value for money. but quite addictive cos if you don't continue, my leg problems come back - water retention, bloatedness etc..

\
              mobybear, you said that even though its effective, you need to do it regularly in order to maintain the effects, right? I was wondering, would it be useful if a person goes and do these treatments to cut the initial excess weight, then after that switch to regular excercise to maintain the results? Can it work this way? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ya. that's what most slimming centres advise us to do.

Achieve the figure. maintain thro exercise.

For those who are used to exercising regularly, it works.

But for some who are just not into exercising, its more difficult to maintain.

are you guys members of any gym? I'm at planet fitness.

I usually work out at suntec.

Comment

Hi Glossie,

thanks for the warm welcome. I certainly will visit the forum often.

Really like the site - so pretty...sweet and cosy...

:wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Mobybear
                    Also considering day surgery in places like Thailand or phillipines - heard they've something like injection in your target area and the fat will be flushed out when you pass motion.

Cost around $1K plus. i think quite good deal. will find out more...

Will keep u gals updated ya!
                    hi Moby
                    do update on this when you have more info.

Comment

i was told Slimage (at chinatown) give package like buy 3 get 1 free kinda thing. include using machine (toning etc), the hydro spa therapy which is lying in a jacuzzi with ultra rays? at the base and also sauna. sauna is cheap but they charged abt $40 for that. bleah.......... total is ard $135 per session and the consultant said would teach me how to watch my diet, maintain the weight etc. dont know true anot.

Comment

my ex sister went to marie france which did slim her down a little but as she did not follow a strict diet, she still became fat.

Comment

I used hubby as guinea pig to test out the Osim electropads and the Aibi electropads- each gadget $388, comes with 4 pads but they put only 2 on his arm, using lower settings (cos he complained about minor pain and great discomfort). Hubby said he felt like cattle prods were used on him and the experience (2 mins using 2 electropads each time on 1 arm only) was traumatic. He couldn't quite decide which is "better" but there were differences in the electric pulse patterns.

Visually, the Aibi was quite impressive- his bicep with 2 electropads started FLEXING like he was using dumb-bells. The Osim was alarming- his upper arm was where the 2 electropads were, but his wrist started spasming.

Aibi was troublesome- needed a belt to hold in place, Osim stuck in postion on its own. Function-wise, Aibi could use battery or adapter, Osim only battery (but claims to have the highest hertz in the market, more than used in some hospitals). Aibi was straightforward dial/ degree tuning, Osim had "therapy" (physiotherapy massage use) and "shaping" (slimming/ toning use) tuning (according the hubby- the therapy and the shaping indeed had different feel of electric wave).

Comment

The so-called toning machines have been proven not to work - I think there are papers saying that it causes significant health risks from muscle injury to hypertension etc. It's ridiculous how merchants can market these products without being subject to government approval.

Comment

That bad??? :huh: :huh:

Comment

Working...
                              X