Slimming Massages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slimming Massages

does it really work in the first palce? n is it painful?

i went to citra sari n tried their javanese massage but the masseur tried one stroke of the slimming kind on me n i couldn't take it although she said it was really light!!!

seems like i won't be able to take it at all but i feel like giving it a try if it works.

anyone has good places to recommend?

A doctor once told my mom to go buy 1 kg of fatty pork and have our maid massage it for over an hour. Then weigh it and see if it's any lighter!

I think it's supposed to prove how ineffective such slimming massages are.

The best way to slim down is to use more energy or eat less calories.

Comment

But that's cos the slab of pork is already dead and cut off from the rest of the pig! Maybe if it's a live pig and massaged, the better circulation might do something (and it being still a wholly connected pig, there's still an "outlet tract" for erm, excess things to flow out of)?

Digressing to other lifestock- I think there are cows that are massaged. They seem to produce "marbled" beef (ie. fat evenly distributed throughout the meat) instead of the usual cow with uneven distribution- huge lumps of fats here and there.

I had postnatal massages but it didn't seem to do much for me fat-loss or weightloss-wise, though I do like the better circulation. Some strokes are rather painful though- but the masseuse said it's to "break" up the cellulite (yeah, and probably break a few veins too). Think it works better in removing water retention.

Comment

Originally posted by mel171103kev
        But that's cos the slab of pork is already dead and cut off from the rest of the pig! Maybe if it's a live pig and massaged, the better circulation might do something (and it being still a wholly connected pig, there's still an "outlet tract" for erm, excess things to flow out of)?

Digressing to other lifestock- I think there are cows that are massaged. They seem to produce "marbled" beef (ie. fat evenly distributed throughout the meat) instead of the usual cow with uneven distribution- huge lumps of fats here and there.

I had postnatal massages but it didn't seem to do much for me fat-loss or weightloss-wise, though I do like the better circulation. Some strokes are rather painful though- but the masseuse said it's to "break" up the cellulite (yeah, and probably break a few veins too). Think it works better in removing water retention.
        yah, the masseur said it was to break up the cellulite n i really really wanna get rid of my cellulite... boo hoo hoo.....

Comment

My doctor mention that massage will help in slimming, but you have to do it over a long time. It breaks up the fats, but you have to exercise for the fats to be passed out.

But to lose weight and rely entirely on massage...guess that's not possible it would be lovely to be massage and at the same time lose all our fats!

Comment

yup, i don't intend to lose witght by massage.

i jus wanna target those cellulite!!

it'll only reduce in appearance after i work out. i want to get rid of those ugly stuff!!! yucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by xue
              A doctor once told my mom to go buy 1 kg of fatty pork and have our maid massage it for over an hour. Then weigh it and see if it's any lighter!
              that's funny!

Comment

xue: that is so funny!

pills: massages do improve circulation and help to break down cellulite or something. I did slimming massages before, and where there is cellulite, you will feel pain. But once the cellulite is gone, there won't be any pain.

I can attest to that. When I was really fat, I used to grimace whenever those spots are being massaged. But after I lost the cellulite (or reduce it) through diet and exercise, I don't feel any pain during the massages.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercloud
                  xue: that is so funny!

pills: massages do improve circulation and help to break down cellulite or something. I did slimming massages before, and where there is cellulite, you will feel pain. But once the cellulite is gone, there won't be any pain.

I can attest to that. When I was really fat, I used to grimace whenever those spots are being massaged. But after I lost the cellulite (or reduce it) through diet and exercise, I don't feel any pain during the massages.
                  that was what the masseur told me also. i didn't believe her when she said that it's painful due to the cellulite!!

Comment

I agreed with xue and her doc - no massage can make cellulite/fat go away. actually i don't believe in dieting pills (unless it's those oil-blcoking pills which cause you to leak oil from your gut! not a pretty sight!)

got this from the internet, abit long, but I agree with the author.

Endermologie is a treatment in which a machine rolls, pulls, suctions, and massages parts of the body in the attempt to reduce the appearance of cellulite. There isn?t a shred of evidence that these machines have any effect on cellulite, fat, collagen, or skin. The procedure itself would actually be laughable if so many women weren?t taking it seriously and spending their hard-earned dollars on treatments. Most shocking is that there are even some physicians who advertise that they offer Endermologie treatments!

What may catch your attention is that these machines are often advertised as being FDA-approved as Class I medical devices for the treatment of cellulite and are therefore safe, effective, and approved by the FDA for that purpose. Nothing could be further from the truth. While Endermologie machines are Class 1 Medical Devices, that is hardly noteworthy. According to the FDA (www.fda.gov) ?Class 1 Medical Devices are subject to the least regulatory control ? Foreign establishments ? are not [even] required to register their product with the FDA?. Examples of Class I devices include elastic bandages, examination gloves, and hand-held surgical instruments.? It is shocking to consider that examination gloves are equal in quality control to Endermologie machines. The FDA attributes no efficacy value to Endermologie machines.

Salons and web sites touting Endermologie?s amazing results often refer to the existence of thousands of studies demonstrating its effectiveness. But those studies simply don?t exist. If anything, the published research proves just the opposite. The authors of an article in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, November 1998, concluded that ?Endermologie treatment does not cause fatty tissues to be broken down, mobilized, or excreted . . . Although adipocyte [fat] injury occurs, there is no net decrease in subcutaneous tissue thickness.? The only research showing any improvement was published in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (July 199, stating that ?From our observations we conclude that LPG Endermologie system is [a] mildly effective method for fat mobilization and contouring.? But this study only observed 22 women, it was not done double-blind or with placebo, and there was no other analysis done on whether or not anything took place under the skin. Further, a rebuttal article challenging this study was published in this same journal in November 1998, concluding that no real improvement took place. And finally, a study published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (September 1999, pages 1110-1114) concluded that Endermologie treatment is not effective in improving the appearance of cellulite. If other research exists I have yet to be sent any despite requests to companies selling these machines.

Wasting money on seductive beauty treatments that don?t actually work seems to be a weakness for lots of women the world over. The false hopes these products and procedures provide are definitely alluring, but there are so many better ways to spend our time and money. Endermologie is simply a sad reminder of our vulnerability around spurious promises of youth and beauty.

Comment

What I remember reading is that medically, cellulite is little lumps of fat that form under your skin - that's how you get the orange peel look. Once you get them, you can only reduce their size but they cannot disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by xue
                        What I remember reading is that medically, cellulite is little lumps of fat that form under your skin - that's how you get the orange peel look. Once you get them, you can only reduce their size but they cannot disappear.
                        i guess unless we do liposuction.. ouch.. and its so expensive..

Comment

I got go slimming massage.. went 3 times... the first 2 times really show effect.. many friend say i slim down aft the 2 massage... then i stopped.. aft that gain back (cos eat alot !!).. yesterday went for the 3rd time..
                          the 1st time i lost 31.50cm in total... 2nd time.. 34cm... yesterday 27.5cm.. haha... really have to maintain myself..

eh.. think can try and take it as a way to maintain.. hee

Comment

ah bao where did u go for your massage? thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Dewy
                              ah bao where did u go for your massage? thanks..
                              Its at tanjong pagar.. u have to make booking with them.. PM me if u wan to know more.. i'll be going up tonite...

but as i said.. u really have to maintain urself.. cannot see slim **** eat more... thats what i went thru... regret !!! haha

Comment

Working...
                              X