Annick Goutal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annick Goutal

The last time I took a whiff of the range, I did not find anything particularly screaming out to me. What's a nice non musky sickeningly sweet(aka vanilla or fruity) fragrance?

i've tried eau d'harien and petite cherie; the former smells like lemon detergent, the latter makes you smell like a pear (altho' the escentials salesman was gushing and gushing about it to me)

no thanks

Comment

The annick goutal scents are special in the sense that they are unique and different from others common in the market. However, none suits my liking. Most of them turned 'bitter' on me, according to the SA, and Petite Cherie seems to be the one best for me, though not the perfect one. The fragrance bottles are so classy and sophistated, and each bow is supposedly to be hand tied individually.

One other scent from Escentuals i particularly like is Spring Flowers by Creed. It's awfully expensive, like $150 for a large bottle only in 1 size. The bottle is a bright pink in colour. Signature scent of Audrey Hepburn, anyone tried and have any thoughts on it?

Comment

I tried AG Petite Cherie. YUCK!!!! So many of my European friends love it; on me it smelt like rotting pears! It was so heavy and cloying I wanted to puke. I really think these fragrances react horribly with Asian body chemistries!!

Today at Escentials I smelt a perfume strip of AG Ce Soir ou Jamais..I like the wildly romantic name of the perfume, and this one is supposed to be an intriguing blend of roses and wine....it smelt good on the strip, but on my actual skin...now that's a different story.

I also got a vial of AG's Quel Amour from Escentials today. I dabbed a little on my wrists and so far so good, this is one of her lighter, sweeter florals which turns citrusy on the drydown rather than musky. Eau D'Hadrien was a total STINKER on me though.

But there's no strong PULL factor I'm getting from any of the AG fragrances....

As for Creed Spring Flowers, I wanted to love it, but within 3 seconds of sniffing it...instant headache! No kidding, I tried it again today and the headache came on almost instantly. Most Creeds don't work on me either...the only one I was able to wear was Fleurissimo (created for Grace Kelly), but then that tended to smell a bit too "classic" (read: old lady) on me so I gave it away.

Their men's fragrances are much nicer...I got Green Irish Tweed for my SO and both of us like it lots.

Comment

hehee.. judging from the posts above, Annick Goutal dun seem to be popular here huh ..

For me, i really like Petite Cherie.. i guess its's love at first smell. And i do agree dat this is a smell whereby u either loves or hates it.

I also like Quel Armour from AG. Like the poenies and fresh flowers smell.. very flirty kinda smell. Find Le Chevrefeuille not bad too too...fresh crisp on a honeysuckle note. Find Eau d' Haudien okay only..a bit common the lemony zest.

I dun really like smells like Grand Armour and Passion ( which Annick Goutal uses) though, find the smell alittle too over-powering and maybe a tad too matured.

And i like Creed's Spring Flower too. It's indeed refreshing and quite unique. They sell this at one size only becoz the concentrate is unique to the brand itself, so they dun have EDT or perfume etc. Just one size.
          I supposed this brand must be really good in a way, becoz the British Royal Family uses them and if i did not remember wrongly. Princess D uses the Royal Water from Creed.

Escentials stocks so many brands of perfumes and EDTs, beside AG and Creed. what else is gd ?

Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2003, 09:16 PM.

Comment

WHat else is good....hmmm...not strictly perfume, but you may wanna check out their perfumed candles from Diptyque. They also carry some perfumed candles from Annick Goutal.

THe Escentials boutique at Raffles is the one that specializes in fragrance. If you're looking for a perfume, then that's the place to go rather than the Tangs branch, which is more skincare / beauty.
            Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2003, 09:25 PM.

Comment

There was a 50% sale on all AG perfumes at eluxury.com not long ago and I got myself a bottle of Ce Soir ou Jamais and its shower gel. Only US$40 for these, what a steal! I had a sample of Ce Soir ou Jamais before and I really like its rose scent but it's a bit too mature and heavy for me so I only bought it to sit on my table! The shower gel is okay though since the scent is mild.

Comment

Quel Armour works for me too. Two sprays are what it takes to last me the whole day. The others are just not too lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

i've tried eau d'harien and petite cherie; the former smells like lemon detergent, the latter makes you smell like a pear (altho' the escentials salesman was gushing and gushing about it to me)

no thanks
                  Petite cherie is a tricky scent; it smells vastly different on different people and changes over time as it vaporizes due to our body heat.... and I learnt my lesson for it.... It smelt quite pleasant and fresh to me on paper. Tried it on my hand and it smelt sour....yucks...

Comment

Originally posted by "Riverie"

Petite cherie is a tricky scent; it smells vastly different on different people and changes over time as it vaporizes due to our body heat.... and I learnt my lesson for it.... It smelt quite pleasant and fresh to me on paper. Tried it on my hand and it smelt sour....yucks...
                    I'm more and more convinced AG only works for Caucasians... my ang mor pals smelt divine with this on; I smelt like a rotten pear! Riv, I know exactly what you mean about that 'sour' smell. And test-strips lie!!! Perfumes smell one way on paper; on your skin it's an entirely different story altogether!

Comment

Originally posted by "ponine"

And i like Creed's Spring Flower too. It's indeed refreshing and quite unique. They sell this at one size only becoz the concentrate is unique to the brand itself, so they dun have EDT or perfume etc. Just one size.
                      I supposed this brand must be really good in a way, becoz the British Royal Family uses them and if i did not remember wrongly. Princess D uses the Royal Water from Creed.

Escentials stocks so many brands of perfumes and EDTs, beside AG and Creed. what else is gd ?
                      Spring flowers is nice but I don't think it's THE ONE for me because the fragrance disappears *completely* after 3 hours, despite being close to a EDP in concentration
                      Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2003, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

I'm more and more convinced AG only works for Caucasians... my ang mor pals smelt divine with this on; I smelt like a rotten pear! Riv, I know exactly what you mean about that 'sour' smell. And test-strips lie!!! Perfumes smell one way on paper; on your skin it's an entirely different story altogether!
                        tt is why when u buy fragrance, spray some on yr pulse & then let it settle for an hour, this would determine if the scent is you or not or if it turns sour or offending! i read this in some beauty mag & by experience this is the most foolproof method for me!

Comment

Originally posted by "Riverie"

Spring flowers is nice but I don't think it's THE ONE for me because the fragrance disappears *completely* after 3 hours, despite being close to a EDP in concentration
                          I wish they'd bring in Tocca....the perfume, the candles, the bath and body, and the divine laundry wash. *sigh*
                          Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2003, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

WHat else is good....hmmm...not strictly perfume, but you may wanna check out their perfumed candles from Diptyque. They also carry some perfumed candles from Annick Goutal.

THe Escentials boutique at Raffles is the one that specializes in fragrance. If you're looking for a perfume, then that's the place to go rather than the Tangs branch, which is more skincare / beauty.
                            i bought the Annick Goutal scented candles for myself, sis-in-law and good pal for xmas. everyone loves the subtle scent. The candles from Diptyque also smells good. Not cheap though, $74 each, i think.

Hmm.....another item to buy with the voucher? :wink:
                            Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2003, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by "keiko"

i bought the Annick Goutal scented candles for myself, sis-in-law and good pal for xmas. everyone loves the subtle scent. The candles from Diptyque also smells good. Not cheap though, $74 each, i think.

Hmm.....another item to buy with the voucher? :wink:
                              Which AG candles did you get?

ANd there's a thought! :wink: $24 for a Diptyque candle, WOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X