Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boutique Fragrances

I think I'm in trouble.

Okay, I have finally weaned myself off compulsive makup shopping but I think I am deeply in love again ... with three new scents, no less.

La Chasse Aux Papillon by L'Artisan - I love the jasmine & orange blossom notes in this one and it gets lovelier as the day goes on... gorgeous! And of course, you*have* to love the enchanting name.

Bigarade Concentree by Jean-Claude Ellena (Editions de Parfums, Frederic Malle) - This is supposed to be THE bitter orange scent. It's got this most amazing tartness to it. Invigorating.

Philosykos by Dyptique - I didn't really know what Fig smells like & Philosykos is supposed to be a fig scent so with ignorance, I thought, "smells a little like coconut" when I first wore it. It's an abolutely lovely scent nontheless - I always inhale deeply when I wear this. Delicious

I really need to buy all three scents right now , that's how much I love them! Anyone knows how much these will set me back by? I know they're expensive but I have to have them, that's why I'm in trouble! Anyone knows if they're alot cheaper in Paris/Europe?

Goodness! I'm such a fragrance philistine....if not for this post I wouldn't know these scents existed!! I have heard of L'Artisan before, but I'm not familiar with their perfumes. Where did you get your samples from?

ANd you got me interested in the La Chasse Aux Papillons too. Uh oh.

Comment

OMG!! I seem to be directing all my energy to bodycare and fragrances too. Are those available at the Escentials boutique at raffles? How did you learn about the fragrances?

Comment

Re: Boutique Fragrances

Don't think Frederic Malle is available here. U can always check Escentials at Raffles. Think this is an orangey, spicy and maybe bitter one. If u can't find this, u can try MPG's Exotisme des Fruits. But not too sure if Escentials has this scent but I'm sure they sell MPG there.

Ahhhh....Have never been a huge fan of florals but La Chasse Aux Papillon(chase the butterflies? ) by L'Artisan smells 'honeysuckle' to me. Complex and the dry-down is only better with the orange. I think I smell lemon. Lasts very long and can be overpowering if u are not used to florals like me. They give me headaches. I like warm, spicy scent better.

U can try buying from MUA'ers like manon, hirondelle, Esti or even joiseygirl. I usually get my fragrance decant from 'em. They are very very knowledgeable with their fragrances. That's a better alternative to getting a huge bottle at 100plus dollars. I learnt this through the hard way as I get bored with fragrances easily and have so many bottles. Ebay is another good choice. The only downside, u can't collect the pretty bottles.

HTH
        Last edited by nicole; 23-01-2004, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I got my new scnts from UK Mua'er "Barbarellaboy" . I bought a decant of La Chasse (US$12 shipping incl) off him & he sent it in a beutifully wrapped box. It is the most classy packaged I've ever received! In it was all pretty tissue& 1 shiseido mini skincare item + 3 sample vials attached to cards with beautifully handwritten notes on them. The only scent I was blah about is L'Eau De L'Artisan. You have to swap with Andy, he's got great taste in scents!!!

Comment

If anyone is interested, you can read reviews on MUA's productville on the scents I am talking about - you'll get a better idea of what they're like since I am so lousy at describing anything.

L'Artisan - La Chasse Aux Papillon ... butterfly chase, butterfly hunt, chasing butterflies ...

Frederic Malle - Cologne Bigarade (mine is the parfum version, Bigarade Concentree)

Diptyque - Philosykos

Comment

Originally posted by "atypical"

I got my new scnts from UK Mua'er "Barbarellaboy" . I bought a decant of La Chasse (US$12 shipping incl) off him & he sent it in a beutifully wrapped box. It is the most classy packaged I've ever received! In it was all pretty tissue& 1 shiseido mini skincare item + 3 sample vials attached to cards with beautifully handwritten notes on them. The only scent I was blah about is L'Eau De L'Artisan. You have to swap with Andy, he's got great taste in scents!!!
              Ahh, thanks for the info. I actually would prefer decants to fullsized perfume bottles because I keep switching scents so often anyway! :wink: Off to ask Barbarellaboy if he takes credit card orders now..*LOL*

Comment

I took the plunge and ordered the Papillion from Barbarellaboy. $12.50 for 5ml and $18.50 for 10ml. He's great and seems very knowledgable. I can sense that if i chat with him any longer, i will really be addicted to fragrances. LOL! I mentioned that i'm really curious about Le Petit Prince and Voleur de Roses and he offered to send me samples. Le Petit Prince was stated by him to be like Fresh sugar (with less of the lemon pledge smell) and the Voleur was described as a somewhat complex rosey scent at productville. Can't wait to try them out!

Comment

Yup, Andy is wonderful! Did you check his picture. He's cute too!

Oohh... Le Petir Prince sounds so good! I'll be ordering more scents for him soon!

Do let us know when you recieve your new scents okay?

Comment

Heheh... he's really cute! He looks younger than i imagine him to be. :laugh:

I will try to post my review when i get them. Mostly, it will just be whether " i like" or "i don't like" as i'm pretty bad at telling apart notes in scents I will try anyway.

Pan, did u get anything from andy?

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by Dreamie

Pan, did u get anything from andy? </FONT SIZE>
                      Still thinking...!!! Funnily enough, I'm after the same scents as you are....La Chasse, Voleur de Roses, and Le Petit Prince!!! :laugh:

Comment

Heard abt Barbarellaboy- he's sometimes on the messageboards. Thing is, if I can only stretch my money so far, I'll bank on skincare, second would be cosmetics and forget abt the rest (or go cheap). Preferences differ so much too- eg. I didn't like Fresh at all (I used it to spritz on bf when he was particularly stinky in bed, but you don't need to know that... )

I'm quite happy with one carefully selected signature scent and then having any other non-objectionable fragrances for variety.

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by pandora76
                          Still thinking...!!! Funnily enough, I'm after the same scents as you are....La Chasse, Voleur de Roses, and Le Petit Prince!!! :laugh: </FONT SIZE>

Hahaha! We have good taste! But frankly, the rest of the scents are more on the spicy, woody side, or so i think. :laugh:

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by champagne

I'm quite happy with one carefully selected signature scent and then having any other non-objectionable fragrances for variety. </FONT SIZE>
                            Maybe it's me and how i get bored with new things quite easily. I realised that fragrances can be quite uplifting for the mood. If i wear a good fragrance, i feel good, vice versa. I can't be sure what is my signature scent and hence still on the search for the perfect one. Diff fragrances makes me feel differently. Florals make me feel feminine whereas spicy makes me feel strong and confident. I guess there are times i like to feel differently, and when i'm with diff pple.

Comment

Yep yep! When I was depressed and mopey in UK, I sprayed my room and myself with perfume so frequently! And washed my clothes, bedlinen more than necessary for the laundry fragrance (Persil!)
                              Scent definitely has an effect. I just can't afford the more expensive ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X