Fragrances compliments!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fragrances compliments!

Which are the fragrances you received the most compliments for?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but it suddently strike me as an interesting topic to know if men and women prefer the same fragrances or if they prefer diff types. Which are the fragrances you receive the most compliments when you wear it, and from men or women?

*Edited Subject Title
    Last edited by admin; 14-03-2003, 12:43 PM.

Ralph, Origins Spring fever and most recently, SS Perfect Love

Comment

Issey Miyake- cos that's the ONLY fragrance my bf comments on (a gal he used to date wore that fragrance so he finds it familar *foot in mouth*, but he will say that it smells better on me *cover up by complimenting*).

Comment

<FONT SIZE=1>Originally posted by champagne
        Issey Miyake- cos that's the ONLY fragrance my bf comments on (a gal he used to date wore that fragrance so he finds it familar *foot in mouth*, but he will say that it smells better on me *cover up by complimenting*). </FONT SIZE>
        *shudder* This is what prompted me to go find a new scent. For the longest time I wore L'Eau d'Issey. My SO sort of got to 'know' me in that scent. But then, just about every other girl was wearing it too! (As Champagne's post testifies! ) I can understand why....it's fresh, feminine and a crowd-pleaser. But I didn't want to smell like every other girl!!

So far, I've received compliments from both men and women on Issey Miyake. SO likes my current staple (Marc Jacobs too). But he HATES my CSP Vanille Abricot....said it was sweet enough to give him a nosebleed. Same as my Fresh Sugar!

Comment

Sigh, but it seems he only recognises Issey. He doesn't even notice I'm wearing perfume when I wear my fave (Rochas Alchimie).
          I did not like Fresh, I sprayed it on him.

Comment

Avid scent collector I am but when it comes to getting my bf to comment on the scent I'm wearing...*sign*

He has only one answer. Nice.

The best compliment came from my ex when I was wearing CSP Amour de Cacao (he loves chocolates and I bought this just because he loves them)and the smell of JJ baby powder after I bathe.

Personally, I feel especially sexy when I'm wearing Chanel Allure and Serge Lutens Douce Amere. They are my 'date' perfumes. So far...no one has commented on these two scents. Do men really notice? I'm beginning to doubt so...

Comment

to date, i had probably dump about a few hundreds empty 100ml bottles. i go through phases & when i do find something that i exceptionally love...lauren, ralph, romance, boss woman & deep red, sui love, sui dreams were some i kept buying up to about 4 bottles till i got bored, never touched them now! miyake was one i wore when i was 18, escape was also a long time ago fave(hate this now) & lots lots more. my SO who's been with me 8years(well u can imagine the amount of scents i had gone through these years) always ever say *nice* & nothing else.

but my present colleagues always recognise my trails by the lingering scent i leave as i walk! they would know it's me in the restroom as they take the same path & they always compliment how my office smells like me. i have gal frens who say i smell so nice when i had sui dreams & ralph(i cannot bear this smell now) on me. i don't collect scents, i just wear them a whole lot!!! & i don't care if no one likes them so long i love it on myself!

Comment

Oh when the house I rented in UK was burglarised over the hols, the burglars took my Sui Dreams! But I didn't like it very much- abit too... powdery sweet? The Anais Anais type scents... for sweet young girls.
                When I was 18, I loved TBS Peach Oil or something- cloyingly sweeeeeet eeek! Then when I moved on to proper fragrances I liked Kenzo, Issey the light ones, now I'm abit more mellow, liking Tresor, Alchimie, Envy. Not quite into Poison yet... (I have it but it scares me abit). Never liked Chanel No.5... I think I'm not yet into musks. Might change my mind with Age.

Comment

Oh when the house I rented in UK was burglarised over the hols, the burglars took my Sui Dreams! But I didn't like it very much- abit too... powdery sweet? The Anais Anais type scents... for sweet young girls.
                  When I was 18, I loved TBS Peach Oil or something- cloyingly sweeeeeet eeek! Then when I moved on to proper fragrances I liked Kenzo, Issey the light ones, now I'm abit more mellow, liking Tresor, Alchimie, Envy. Not quite into Poison yet... (I have it but it scares me abit). Never liked Chanel No.5... I think I'm not yet into musks. Might change my mind with Age. </FONT SIZE>
                  WHAT?! The burglars took your perfume?? How weird!!! :laugh: Once this perv stole my friend's undies....when we were staying in a hall at uni! 8O

And yes, Poison is scary. Chanel No. 5...well, I can see why some may like it....it's quite clean...and elegant, though a little old-fashioned. I prefer Chanel MAdemoiselle.

Comment

yeeek... undies also want to take?! :roll:

yup...i change my perfume quite a bit... rotating btn ralph, cotton white, moschino (the green and orange one)....

humm... i tink tbs cotton white got most compliments.... but that wuz while it lasted cos it evaporates veri fast... no more now.... lucky i bought 2 extra bottles!! :D

humm... where do yu ppl spray yur perfume??

Comment

Oh cos we were students and didn't have anything, It was a dodgy neighbourhood, few doors away from a drug-pusher... flea-infested carpets, water heater that did not work (in WINTER).
                      They took the kitchen's clothes dryer (!!!), my perfume, my CDs (!!!! ), my winter coat (the only one I had, I had another autumn coat on me thankfully, so I could make a trip to the dept store to buy another winter coat- the one I wore for the stila makeover. *heartache* wore for a short while only then end of season.), my winter gloves. Arwell. And I had to be the first to come home to it- freaked me out, I had to call my (dodgy) neighbour to accompany me to check they weren't stilla round!

Comment

Believe it or not, I've received tons of compliments on BBW Imagine ... Peace - which has been discontinued, unfortunately.

Other faves - used to love Sunflowers, but got tired of it. Perlier Pink Peony is a summer time favorite - light and floral. BE Escentual is very nice too but very hard to describe. Giorgio Ocean Dream is a fave of my SO's.

I rotate scents so much ... I tire of wearing the same one everyday ... :roll:

Comment

ralph, issey miyake energising EDT, davidoff cool water

i like fruity refreshing scents

i find most of my perfumes have certain similarities

Comment

Thx, long time ago. Ooo- I polled some guys and Happy was what they liked! I don't own that though, can't recall the scent. </FONT SIZE>
                            Happy by Clinique? Humph, no impression of that scent either....must've been one of those pedestrian, generic fresh-floral scents.

There's this perfume by Clinique which absolutely STINKS! I think it's called Aromatics or Elixir or something like that?? That is VILE!!! (Sorry if anyone here is a fan...but my nose really doesn't like that scent!).

Oh, I like Prescriptives Calyx! My nose likes fresh scents, hee hee....Magic Potion is nice too, but too ordinary...and for a time I used to wear Px Flirt. I wouldn't mind receiving any of the Px scents as gifts; they're all very pleasing.

Comment

men *never* notice anything *rant* and they give the lamest lines to cover up like 'oh i only notice you as a person, not your makeup/bag/hair/etc; isn't that good enough?' YAH RIGHT

when i was in JC, my galfriends liked me in Pleasures, also got some compliments from others but that was years ago, i don't use Pleasures anymore, it's too generic

vanilla gets me notice like my colleagues will go 'hmmmmmm i smell food'

a recent one people like on me is Lancome's O Oui, it's light and fresh but lasts pretty me on me; altho' this is something like Pleasures, not many people seem to wear it out there

i'm using sui love now, i like it but it doesn't seem to stay long on me

Comment

Working...
                              X