X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votivo Candles

Anyone tried these before?

Votivo

I chanced upon them while shopping at DFS yesterday.
    Now i'm lemming for the Freesia & Tiger Lily, Soku Lime. The SA told me that one of their best seller is the Red Currant which i can't decide if i like it.

Love the sleek simple packaging. Was told that Madonna is a fan of these candles.

What's the damage? $63 and i get 10% off with my DFS card. Hmm......can anyone tell me how good / bad these are before i part with my moolah?

OMIGAWD! They are selling at DFS? Haven't been there yet. Must drop by one of these days, with SARS or not!

Comment

u can find them at the shop selling gourmet food on the 3rd level (near the gucci boutique). check them out and report back.

Comment

keiko, u still hv those vouchers don't u? go buy...today is the last day right?

Comment

Originally posted by farahdean
          keiko, u still hv those vouchers don't u? go buy...today is the last day right?
          voucher can't be used for the gourmet shop. *sigh* i'll only get the 10% discount. That's all!

Comment

Wow! DFS carries Votivo?? Do you know how long the candles burn for, Keiko? I think the price is okay if it lasts for 60 hours cos think about it, L'Occitane's candles are $29 but lasts only 20hours.

Comment

one website says 50hrs but the SA told me it can burn for 60+ hrs depending on how u use it ie. trim the wick, don't place near draft etc. She did say that the candles scent is quite strong so about 20 mins each time is sufficient. Hmm......very tempting.
              this is comparable to diptyque.
              Originally posted by atypical
              Wow! DFS carries Votivo?? Do you know how long the candles burn for, Keiko? I think the price is okay if it lasts for 60 hours cos think about it, L'Occitane's candles are $29 but lasts only 20hours.

Comment

Went to check Votivo out at Productville & apparently, these candles are sooty. That can't be good right?

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
                  Went to check Votivo out at Productville & apparently, these candles are sooty. That can't be good right?
                  hmm.....that's not good. that does it....lemmings for the moment.

Comment

Keiko-> I actually visited DFS after your alert but I couldn't find Votivo then.

Nic-> Some candles are sooty that they made my walls balck when I placed them too near.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                      Keiko-> I actually visited DFS after your alert but I couldn't find Votivo then.

Nic-> Some candles are sooty that they made my walls balck when I placed them too near.
                      it's in the gourmet shop on the 3rd level near the Gucci boutique. You'll find wine and foodstuff there...quite an unlikely place to find scented candles in there

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                        Can sooty be bad? So long I don't use at home right

Keiko, which scent you lemming?
                        Soku lime, i love citrusy scent. The freesia and tiger lily smells good too!

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
                          Soku lime, i love citrusy scent. The freesia and tiger lily smells good too!
                          Keiko thanks to you, I bought the Soku Lime months back You are so right about the sooty part. I love the fresh and crisp citrusy scent though and the scent is really strong. But I have to trim the wick everytime after I use it. If I don't, the next time when I use the candle again, there would be strong scent of black smoke instead. This is one candle that I would probably won't repurchase unless they change the wicks! The black smoke is not very good for the lungs.

Comment

Thanks meow for the review. Looks like my lemmings have been shot down for the 2nd time
                            I really like the scent......oh well *shrug*

Comment

Thanks Keiko Will check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X