Scent of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scent of the Day

Thought we can have another 'FOD' just for fun!

It will be interesting to know what you like to wear! I know there are many girls here who are really into fragrances as well! So let's share and don't be shy! Boutique, designer, self-concoction, or even if it's just the scent of your favourite body lotion!

Never mind if it's just the same perfume that you are wearing everyday! Perfumes 'cook' differently everyday for you and the experience you get is different everyday! You know how perfumes will always bring out that mood for you...

I'm still an amatuer when it comes to fragrances/perfumes. I love to hear opinions about a fragrance from all of you!

"Perfumes serve as the vital guide through the labyrinth of memory. To create a memory, something that is carried inside. And to make yourself unforgetable" ~ Annick Goutal
    Last edited by atypical; 04-07-2003, 05:59 PM.

I forgot to mention that I love my Jil sander Sensation as well though I will classify this as a fruity floral. My friends associate this scent with me as well

Thanks for the scoop, farah! I've seen Givenchy on ebay going for US$22 too.

The reason why i'm liking Etro Vicolo Fiori is, it reminds me so much of my gardenia in full bloom!

Comment

Am using AG Petite Cherie. Nice peachy, pear scent. I like. SO thought I put on baby powder. :huh:

Comment

Whoo surprise!
        I finally bought new scent, and 2 to boot!

Finally picked up Van Cleef and Arpels' Murmure, no wonder, it reminds me of C&E's Summerhill which my sis and I like big time.

Another is a Azhatar or something, one of the scents from newish line brought in by Metro, all the scents remind me of cologne.
        Azhatar (?) is neroli based, there's another based on rose and a third which is a perfume (as in, not single note based, still, reminds me of cologne).

I'm into wispy ethereal scents right about now White of course

RACH:
        BALI - didn't take pics, just some (2 scenes) candid shots of my friends to erm... make them hostage of :choice:

Comment

Fleur d'Inderdit .. awww i love this. Smell like lychee.

Comment

OMG, clarins! Don't you just love it? Do you happen to know where I can still find that?

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
              OMG, clarins! Don't you just love it? Do you happen to know where I can still find that?

I used to saw this in metro, but I dont know if they are still selling it. I think it can be found in some small perfume shops. How abt lucky plaza? I totally forgot abt this fragrance until u bring this up. Nice smell .. I like it alot too.

Comment

SOTD - MPG Vocalise

MPG Vocalise - I had it on for the whole day and I don't really like how it smells on me. It smells very much like berries and it is very long lasting. When I put it on in the morning, my sis commented it smells like strawberries. Sour and sweet. :roll:

Comment

~It's retail therapy night SOTD~

Love at first sniff!

10 Corso Como. I love this! I love this! I love this!

The initial scent reminds me of my fave Serge Lutens Douce Amere.

Bitter, woody and there's this sweet tinge of rose-like scent.

I catch whiffs of dry herbs and this is such an intoxicating and easy-to-please sandalwood scent. Reminds me of how I used to rummage my grandma's rosewood cabinets filled with all her sandalwood and frankincense sticks.

What a great scent to end a week. I'm definitely getting a full size of this!!

My grandma burns these->

Comment

~It's retail therapy night SOTD~

Love at first sniff!

10 Corso Como. I love this! I love this! I love this!

I wanted to try this too before I get the full bottle but it hasn't been a smooth route to purchase this :roll:

Comment

Why not, Teiko? I know prices at luckyscent are highly jacked up but that can't be helped. Beautyhabit.com? Or try Australia's Mecca? I will have to wait till next month.

Comment

Why not, Teiko? I know prices at luckyscent are highly jacked up but that can't be helped. Beautyhabit.com? Or try Australia's Mecca? I will have to wait till next month.
                        Actually, I was waiting for Henri Bendels sale last year but they are all out of this. Sale is spend 100 get 50 off. Another thing is I have not smell this before so I am not so sure if I will like it or not..... :roll:

Comment

10 Corso Como.

My grandma burns these->
                          I do think that 10CC is something I'd love! woodiness. What your grandmother burns, anything like these:
                          Whole wood incense I'm sooo fascinated.

Comment

Ummmm...my grandma has a lot of 'wood' lying around. I'm not too sure what they call these in English. The picture below looks so much like the ones that my grandma likes to burn. I will update you with more information and pictures soon when she wakes up tomorrow and I need to dig everything out!

Comment

~Hairy Affairs SOTD~~

It's a hit again! La Perla Eclix it is!

I'm smelling the drydown now. Smells like white chocolate with a touch of musk on my skin.

It begins as a unique blend of green floral and I thought I smelled faint pepper for a few seconds.

I love surprises and this is full of them! Though I'm don't fancy foodie scents, what hits me later was its soft vanilla scent. It's rather complex and I seem to smell something different everytime I sniffed my wrists.

Top notes: Bergamot, Blackcurrant Leaves & Osmanthus--> 'Have always been very interested in this. Love how the name sounds!
                              Middle notes: Water Lily, May Rose & Almond Blossom
                              Bottom notes: Exotic Woods, Cocoa & White Musk.

Comment

Working...
                              X