La Vie En Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Vie En Rose

And my quest for the perfect rose fragrance begins!

What is the lushest rose fragrance out there that you gals have sniffed and fallen in love with? No stinky wilting roses please, I want something so lush that it feels like I'm drowning in a thousand rose petals.

TIA!

Re: La Vie En Rose

I want something so lush that it feels like I'm drowning in a thousand rose petals.

That sounds so lyrical and lovely!
    I haven't come across any gd rose fragrances, but I do know my friend is in love with Jurlique's rose-scented products. They've got a body oil, shower gel, and moisturizer. Sorry, don't think this helps much..

Comment

how about the new YSL limited edition Paris...??? Paris Rose? it's a rosey version of Paris anyway

Comment

Re: Re: La Vie En Rose

Originally posted by debby
        I haven't come across any gd rose fragrances, but I do know my friend is in love with Jurlique's rose-scented products.
        Yes, I think it's difficult to find a good rose fragrance. Either they're kinda flat and weak and one-dimensional, or they're too musky (to make up for the diluted rose scent). :roll:

I have and love Jurlique's rose hand cream. A lovely from Australia helped me stock up on 2 huge tubes the last time she came back to Sg. I slather this on my feet almost everynight!

Comment

I have a Crown Rose .. I am looking for empty perfume vials so maybe I can make you a sample.

I 2nd BB, Paris is lovely. Especially the ltd edition Spring edition. Printemps Roses or something like that. It's cheap too .. less than $60 for a big bottle at the airport.

Comment

Fresh! Fresh Roses EDP!

Bring for you to sniff when we meet... *makes mental note to remember*

Comment

First to come to my mind is Diptyque's L'Ombre Dans L'Eau...my fave! It's Bulgarian roses, deep, dark and sexy

Comment

L'ombre Dans L'eau is a rose scent? I have that & I didn't realise it's got rose notes. It just smells sort of citrusy to me. Bad nose, bad nose ..

Comment

Never tried but don't you like the name - Rose Opulent? It's an MPG.

Rose Opulente

The velvety essences of Moroccan and Turkish roses. Flowery! Top Note: Roses, leafy green; Middle Note: Jasmin, ylang-ylang, clove; Base Note: Musk, ambergris, sandalwood.

There's a Rose Mukissime too but i think that has been discontinued ..
                  Last edited by atypical; 14-07-2003, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
                    L'ombre Dans L'eau is a rose scent? I have that & I didn't realise it's got rose notes. It just smells sort of citrusy to me. Bad nose, bad nose ..
                    It's actually Bulgarian roses and blackcurrant Great staying power. Really really love this...go try this again!

Don't say it's bad nose, dear. I get confused too. There are just too many fragrances out there and I have to keep a journal especially for fragrances...very very confusing sometimes!

Comment

Never tried but don't you like the name - Rose Opulent? It's an MPG.

Rose Opulente

The velvety essences of Moroccan and Turkish roses. Flowery! Top Note: Roses, leafy green; Middle Note: Jasmin, ylang-ylang, clove; Base Note: Musk, ambergris, sandalwood.
                      Ummm...moroccan roses...just wondering about the jasmine though...

ambergris-> do u know that this is produced in the stomach of a male sperm whale? Ermmm...not too sure what the specie though...and I though civet is bad enough :sotong:

Comment

Heh, when you said *sperm* whale, all I had in my head was that Ambergris would be an aphrodisiac.

Comment

There's a Rose Mukissime too but i think that has been discontinued ..
                          Has it been? It was still on display at the store in Paris.

Comment

I'm not a fragrance expert but I've these 2 rose fragrances:
                            YSL Paris
                            Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais -this is a very true red rose scent

Comment

Originally posted by glittery

Annick Goutal Ce Soir Ou Jamais -this is a very true red rose scent
                              It is indeed a very feminine rose scent. Glad u like this, glittery

Comment

Working...
                              X