Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Upcoming scents

Taken from an AF post (attribution at the end):

In the September issue of Spanish Vogue, there's an article on new perfume launches for fall in Spain. For all of you who are interested in perfume, I have condensated and translated the article. And here they are the newcomers

Narciso Rodriguez for Her: notes of musk, orange blossom, osmanthus, amber, vanilla and vetyver. According to the article the bottle reminds of the ancient Chinese perfume bottles.

Givenchy Very Irresistible: notes of roses, verveine leaves and aniseed. Its image is Liv Tyler, and according to the press release "she was chosen to incarnate the mix between American chic and French elegance."

Comme del Garcons 2: notes of ink, aldehydes, magnolia, amber, incense, cedarwood, patchouli,vetyver and laudanum. Rei Kawakubo has joined forces with the Puig perfum group (they are from Barcelona, and own also Carolina Herrera perfums and Paco Rabanne perfums) to develop this new scent.

Boss Intense:notes of species, ozone, rose, jasmine,vanilla, amber and musk. A frangrance inspired in Berlin.

Paco Rabanne pour Elle: amber, peach and wood notes.

Stella McCartney's Stella: notes of rose, peony, mandarine and amber. The bottle is quite pretty in faceted pink and plum glass

Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto: a flowery, woody, fruity fragrance. notes of pepper, peach, white flowers, cassis and musk.

Armani Night for Him and Her. Night for Her has notes of blackberry, cranberry, fresh flowers, violets. Night for Him notes of cayenne pepper, sage and woods. The bottles are the same of the for Him/for Her Armani scents, but in different colours. Night for Her is a red, metallic cylinder, while for Him is
    a black one.

Regards

Maria in Barcelona

Later in the thread Robert Matthews comments that the CdG2 is in fact not new. Sounds intriguing all the same!

On top of that, I'll like to add a couple more -

Ralph Lauren Blue .. Musky and Comfortable; like slipping on a T shirt

and

EL Beyond Paradise .. is for everyone who's too busy to go on a vacation. "Close your eyes and let it transport you."

All these, according to US Glamour Sep 03.

I'm intrigued by the EL although I've never like EL.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
      EL Beyond Paradise .. is for everyone who's too busy to go on a vacation. "Close your eyes and let it transport you."

All these, according to US Glamour Sep 03.

Same here, though probably not my thing. Press release copied from AF:

'In developing the fragrance, Estee Lauder turned to many different sources to capture intriguing ingredients from around the world. A number of these unique essences were obtained through a partnership with Eden Project, the largest nature conservancy in the world.'

The Fragrance:

First Dewy Vibrancy
      Eden's Mist- a serene watery accord captured in the tropical biome of the Eden Project breathes freshness and life throughout the fragrance. Balancing the serenity of Eden's Mist, the sparkling energy of juicy citrus accord enhances the delicate floralcy of Blue hyacinth and the effervescent floralcy of Orange Flower Templar (here for the first time in perfumery. Rain drenched Philodendron Vines, captured from the tropics of South America and the West Indies add a lush greenness while the subtly piquant fruitiness of Brazilian Jabuticaba Fruit intensifies the scent's rip and ambrosial qualities.

Then Saturated Richness
      Lealia Orchid, grown wild in Mexico lends a delicate white flagrancy. Crepe Jasmine, native to Madagascar used for the first time in perfumery contributes a rich and voluptuous florally with understated fruity nuances. Pink Honeysuckle and adds a final touch of fanciful and feminine floracly.

Finally, Warm Sensuality
      With their honey-like scent, Natal Plum Blossoms, native to South Africa blend into the mellowness of Abrette Seeds. Zebrano Wood, obtained from a wild tropical tree found in Cameroon, creates a rich creaminess then melds seamlessly into the lingering sensuality of Golden Melaleuca Bark.

Blushun

Comment

Lancome is launching a new EDT called Connexion. It reminds me of a little of Miracle, though lighter. A very fresh and sweet scent that's not overpowering.

Comment

EL Beyond Paradise

I saw it in gloss.com and I'm intrigued by its rainbow-coloured bottle. Beautiful! I'm waiting for this....

Comment

there's also Benefit's 'Maybe Baby'

tested it once. turned out awfully sickeningly sweet on me. but on my friend (who adored the bathina stuff from benefit) it turned out a lovely sweet floral.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711

hmmm this sounds enticing. though most of the scents from EL are way OTT!

Comment

Re: Upcoming scents

Originally posted by saresha
                Taken from an AF post (attribution at the end):

Stella McCartney's Stella: notes of rose, peony, mandarine and amber. The bottle is quite pretty in faceted pink and plum glass

I'm eagerly anticipating this one!!

By the way, I sniffed Lanvin's Eclat d'Arpege (sp?!?!) last weekend, and I think it will be my next perfume purchase...it reminds me of Anna Sui's Dolly Girl, but not as sharp / citrusy. Arpege is more 'rounded', yet still very clean, soft, and feminine, and fresh. Mmm!

Comment

Re: Re: Upcoming scents

Originally posted by pandora76
                  I'm eagerly anticipating this one!!

By the way, I sniffed Lanvin's Eclat d'Arpege (sp?!?!) last weekend, and I think it will be my next perfume purchase...it reminds me of Anna Sui's Dolly Girl, but not as sharp / citrusy. Arpege is more 'rounded', yet still very clean, soft, and feminine, and fresh. Mmm!
                  Pan was this the one we sniffed outside Tangs huh? I like that one very much and couldn't remember the name because I sniffed too many perfume.. I am conning my hub to get me a new perfume...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Upcoming scents

Originally posted by meow123
                    Pan was this the one we sniffed outside Tangs huh? I like that one very much and couldn't remember the name because I sniffed too many perfume.. I am conning my hub to get me a new perfume...
                    Yes it was! I couldn't remember either, so I had to ask HJ!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Upcoming scents

Originally posted by pandora76
                      Yes it was! I couldn't remember either, so I had to ask HJ!
                      I have been in with this since forever!
                      mite get it from DFS. Now we only need to figure out how to share scents...:roll:

Comment

Ooooohhh! I am definitely wanting this one!

Connexion is already selling at the airport. It's nice & fresh. Can't quite grasp any particular notes except that's it's a little chocolatey.

Comment

Originally posted by atypical

Ooooohhh! I am definitely wanting this one!

Connexion is already selling at the airport. It's nice & fresh. Can't quite grasp any particular notes except that's it's a little chocolatey.
                          My name may not be Stella but this sounds right up my alley.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Upcoming scents

Originally posted by hjmsb
                            I have been in with this since forever!
                            mite get it from DFS. Now we only need to figure out how to share scents...:roll:
                            BIG RAVE: just got this as a pressie from a sweet colleague!
                            just proves how much I have been raving about it. I am a happy girl!

Comment

Lanvin's Eclat d'Arpege

Btw, is this now being sold at the airport dutyfree? I like to get my fragrances from there...

Just checked out the notes at the Lanvin website:

Sicilian lemon, green lilac, wistera, green tea, peach blossom, red peony, osmanthus, white cedar...

Sound lovely.......

Comment

Working...
                              X