Escentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escentials

*Cough cough* Dimples will be smiling to herself if she ever reads this.

Only the Escentials store at Raffles offer this Escentials Experience...so they call it. The one at Tangs carry very limited brands like L'Artisan, Creed, AG and Penhanligon.

Pan-->>Think the guy who served u should be Andy. IIRC, there's only a guy who worked there before. Andy is very experienced, like u said. You actually sold Fleurissimo!? It's forever not in stock! I want! I want!

Teiko-->>Dun know how 'coffee bean' started...but just chilled water will do fine. I use this method for myself when I go perfume shopping but that's not to say u can test out 10 fragrances at one shot. Max 4 and everything will smell the same to u! It could be just me...

There's two ladies there now...one Jean and the other Malgosia (think she went back to London). Nice ladies.

The reason for the blind test...so that u don't choose a perfume based solely on the perfume bottle. It's based all on the fragrance. Don't we buy perfumes just beacause of the beautiful bottles?

IMO...not 100% accurate but fun. Just to hear what the SA has to say about your scent preferences.
    Last edited by teiko; 20-10-2004, 07:35 PM.

Originally posted by teiko

BTW, the branch of escentials i tried was the tangs one. Is the service offered at the main branch better??
    Raffles Hotel Escentials has fragrance analysts there who are more trained and experienced in their perfume knowledge. Ultimately...just want to say, it's all marketing and sales at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
      *Cough cough* Dimples will be smiling to herself if she ever reads this.
      See, Rac. Not smiling You are so right about the max four limit. The last time Jean tried the test on me, I was like :sotong: After a while, you forgot how the first few smells like. Got Creed Spring Flowers in the end

Comment

Visited Escentials at Raffles when rather newly opened (an assumption because the staff back then certainly didn't know their stuff. Except for the Manageress who's really sweet!) I felt very held back because I'm not free to play.... they insist on giving suggestions like *rolls eyes* they know me tt well.

The Escentials experience is b******, even the guerlain counter has something similar, a little survey on what type of seasons, interior decor, activity level you like etc...

Can't work on Schizophrenic people like me who can't concentrate on just one type of scent.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
          Raffles Hotel Escentials has fragrance analysts there who are more trained and experienced in their perfume knowledge. Ultimately...just want to say, it's all marketing and sales at the end of the day.
          Rac, my 'Escentials experience' was by a Polish lady...what's her name?? She's quite good!

Ah...Andy... heard of him before from a Annick Goutal lady in Paris...Must say hi to him when I drop by one day!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimples
            See, Rac. Not smiling You are so right about the max four limit. The last time Jean tried the test on me, I was like :sotong: After a while, you forgot how the first few smells like. Got Creed Spring Flowers in the end
            Good choice Linda!

I had never tried the test but i like Spring Water, A very fresh and clean cut and not -too-complicated scent!

Comment

Originally posted by paphio
              Who wants to go on a scent-sational holiday to France?
              Hey...I will love to but no $$$ unless u are talking about next year? I've something planned for July and December. I'm still jobless leh

Comment

Perfume Outing

Alright! Lets discuss!

I am thinking evening after work. Let's see what's Vix's schedule like & we'll work from there?

Any other places we should check out? Shalll we go the the Escentials Tangs or Raffles?

Anyone else care to join in?

Venue: Escentials & ..
                Date: To be discussed
                1.stella
                2.kim
                3.teiko
                4.Vixette
                5. Rac
                6. kare2711
                7. Dolphin?

Comment

Re: Re: Perfume Outing

Venue: Escentials & ..
                  Date: To be discussed

1.stella
                  2.kim
                  3.teiko
                  4.Vixette
                  5. Rac
                  6. kare2711
                  7. Dolphin?
                  8. Mango
                  9. Paphio

If there are so many of us, I think Escentials Raffles would like a pre-appointment?

Comment

Escentials at Raffles will have a more extensive collection of perfumes and we can hop over to City Hall Robinsons if you gals are game for another round of perfume 'playing'. Then we can relax at Starbucks, Delifrance or Cafe Cartel after that.

Escentials at Tangs will have less boutique brands but we can always walk round Tangs Beauty Hall and spritz ourselves to death with what they have Orchard is filled with coffee joints and we can pick and choose one.

Doesn't matter where. Is this going to be a weekend?

Comment

I am free this Friday evening. 5.30 - 630 pm? How does that sound to everyone?

Looks like the Raffles outlet is good .. we can have the whole shop to oursleves! I just hope we don't tear the place apart. Then we can stroll over to City Hall to check out other stuff.

Rac .. we should make appointment huh? You have their phone number?

Comment

Perfume Outing

Venue: Escentials & ...
                        Date: 3/10, This Friday, meeting time: 5.30 - 6.30 pm?

1.stella
                        2.kim
                        3.teiko
                        4.Vixette
                        5. Rac
                        6. kare2711
                        7. Dolphin (not free on every mon and thurs from next week onwards)
                        8. Mango
                        9. Paphio

I will have problem turing up at 5.30pm. Will be there around 6.10pm or so because i knock off work at 5.45pm.

Where's the venue? Raffles Hotel?
                        Last edited by dolphin; 01-10-2003, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Re: Perfume Outing

The gathering is only an hour? This Friday I can only make it after 6.30pm, so if it ends so early, I'll have to give it a miss. I'll remove my name first, if the time changes, I'll add it back. Do wish to be able to join in, but if I have to miss it, see you girls around

Venue: Escentials at Raffles Hotel
                          Date: 3/10 This Friday, meeting time: 6.30 pm?

1.stella
                          2.kim
                          3.teiko
                          4.Vixette
                          5. Rac
                          6. kare2711
                          7. Dolphin (not free on every mon and thurs from next week onwards)
                          8. Paphio
                          Last edited by atypical; 01-10-2003, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Perfume Outing

Yaaayy, this means I can join you girls!
                            I'm not sure of exact location though, if I can't find it, will give either one of you a call.

Venue: Escentials at Raffles Hotel
                            Date: 3/10 This Friday, meeting time: 6.30 pm

1.stella
                            2.kim
                            3.teiko
                            4.Vixette
                            5. Rac
                            6. kare2711
                            7. Dolphin
                            8. Paphio
                            9. Mango

Comment

Yeah, gimme a call Chris! If anyone wants to meet up a little earlier lmk, cos I will be off work that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X