Mitsouko/Guerlain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsouko/Guerlain

Read from MUA that this is one of the 'high-class' perfume ever but what is it
    Last edited by teiko; 06-02-2004, 12:21 AM.

Hi Teiko,

Mitsouko is from Guerlain. I wrote about this in my diary but this is an extraction from book, Guerlain by Elisabeth Barille.

"1919 ~ Mitsouko: An opulent scent with a peach note becomes the leading name in fruity chypre."

On what is a chypre and the different olfactory groups? Click on the link below. There are more to come. I just need more time to organize my stuff written on scraps of little papers and documents stored on different computers.

Info on Different Olfactory Groups

HTHs

Comment

And visit Guerlain's site itself.
      It gives a very wonderful description cum story of how their scent came about.
      On the topic of Guerlain... I chanced upon the 2 newest addition to their Aqua Allegoria range at Taka.

Florifloria and Lemon Fresca or something along these lines.

Rather intriguing if not chemical smell for some notes.
      Both have something I like and something I hate

www.guerlain.com

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian

Info on Different Olfactory Groups

HTHs
        Wow! That is very informative Thanks Rac

Comment

Well, if any of you girls are interested, Escentials has already stocked this and other Guerlain perfume now They are:

Samsara
          Launched by the design house of Guerlain in 1989, SAMSARA by Guerlain is classified as a refined fragrance. This feminine scent posesses a blend of: amber, rose, iris, violet, vanilla and sandalwood. It is recommended for evening wear.

Shalimar
          Launched by the design house of Guerlain in 1925, SHALIMAR by Guerlain is classified as a refined fragrance. This feminine scent posesses a blend of: iris, rose and vanilla. It is recommended for evening wear.

Champs Elysees
          Launched by the design house of Guerlain in 1996, CHAMPS ELYSEES by Guerlain is classified as a refreshing fragrance. This feminine scent posesses a blend of: floral rose, blackcurrant, mimosa leaves, hibiscus, and almond wood. It is recommended for daytime wear.

Mitsouko - $135
          Launched by the design house of Guerlain in 1919, MITSOUKO by Guerlain is classified as a refined fragrance. This feminine scent posesses a blend of: exotic fruits and spices. It is recommended for evening wear.

Text and pics copied from 'a world of perfumes.com'

Comment

I have used all of the above before and definately recommend Samsara! But i don't have a good knowledge of their background.
            Last edited by lovedust; 06-02-2004, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Do you mean Givenchy (Fleur D'interdit) or Guerlain (Samsara)? I like Givenchy too, but my impression is that Guerlain has had a more distinguished history as a perfume house.

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                Do you mean Givenchy (Fleur D'interdit) or Guerlain (Samsara)? I like Givenchy too, but my impression is that Guerlain has had a more distinguished history as a perfume house.

Oops! It's Samsara from Guerlain!

Comment

Wow, they are actually bringing all the classics in. I have seen Samsara and Shalimar in DFS before. I wonder if prices are in Escentials are competitively priced?

I'm actially quite hesitant to venture near Guerlain's classics after sniffing Shalimar. This oriental is potent stuff!

Comment

OT, but I wished they'd bring the classic Chanel scents in Would love to try Gardenia, Cuir de Russie, and Bois des Iles.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                      Wow, they are actually bringing all the classics in. I have seen Samsara and Shalimar in DFS before. I wonder if prices are in Escentials are competitively priced?
                      Jean was telling me that they are bringing in Guerlain cos of its integral part it played in perfume history. Guess they must have some very signature scent.

I think there are one or two more but I cant remember the name...... :roll:

Saresh-> you can try requesting

Comment

I was under the impression that all these scents are also available at Guerlain counters?

I also saw Habit Rouge at Escentials.

Top Notes
                        Bergamot, Lemon, Rosewood, Basil, Pimento

Middle Notes
                        Sandal, Carnation, Patchouli, Cedar, Rose, Cinnamon

Base Notes
                        Vanilla, Amber, Moss, Leather, Benzoin, Labdanum, Olibanum

from Basenotes.com

Comment

I'd also very much like to try Jicky, said to be the first modern perfume.

"Aim? Guerlain, while completing his studies in England, fell in love with an English girl. However, at the age of 27, he was obliged to return to France alone, dejected and heartbroken. The years passed... Aim? Guerlain created Jicky, a dazzling composition and a homage to Jicky, the sweetheart of his youth. The bottle is inspired by a 19th-century medicine jar. Its stopper, shaped like a champagne cork, evokes movement and celebration. The starting point of modern perfumery, Jicky was the first fragrance to combine natural essences and synthetic essences, which give it not only its many facets (fresh, floral, spicy, oriental) but also its strength and staying power."

Top Notes: Bergamot, lemon, mandarin
                          Heart Notes: Lavender, rosemary, basil, orris, tonka bean
                          Base Notes: Vanilla, amber, benzoin, rosewood, spices, leather

Comment

And here's the pic

as well as one of the promo shot:

Comment

Anyone tried doing your fragrance test at www.Guerlain.com ?

I tried and the results were: Shalimar, Samsara and L'heure Bleue

Comment

Working...
                              X