X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Fragrances

This is taken courtesy of brooklyntbone from MUA

Musk - An Essay
    Last edited by dolphin; 05-12-2003, 01:07 PM.

All About Fragrances

Dear Cotters, I have a special request to compile websites that are useful to know more about fragrances. This is really the incomplete version and I'm sure there are plentiful out there. You can add on to the list but bear in mind that please use the 'QUOTE' function and add on alphabetically.

I hope this proves useful to you gals who love perfumes as much as I do.

p/s: I'm sorry for not being able to insert hyperlinks. I really have no time.

Perfume Sites

www.Aedes.com ~ Great for browsing! This was the site that introduces me to the world of perfume.

www.Apothia.com ~ For cult fragrances like Child and People of Labyrinths

www.Basenotes.com ~ I search for notes on this site mostly.

www.Beautifulperfumes.com ~ Hard-to-find fragrance classics. Read stories on perfumes and notes

www.Beautybase.com ~ UK site. Buy export Serge Lutens here. Interesting site that offers tibits of information littered everywhere with Do you know

www.Beautycafe.com ~ One of my favourite site. Great for simple readings and notes on Creed, Crown Perfumery, L?Artisan, Comptoir Sud Pacifique etc. Get your Clean perfume here.

www.Beautyhabit.com ~ Another favourite and my wishlist items can be found here! A wide selection of quirky fragrances like Dinner by Bobo and read about Mandy Aftel?s perfume Cacao! Get your notes here too! Did I mention that they ship international?

www.Classyperfumes.com ~ Read about perfumes? notes here

www.First-in-fragrance.com ~ Definitely my FAVOURITE site! Great site for information on perfumers and notes. Read their Philosophy section. Carries very exclusive perfume brands and they store Gobin Daude!

www.Fourseasonsproducts.com ~ Great site to check out for notes but not for all perfumes. Brands include Creed, Parfums D?Osay, Diptyque, Fragonard, MPG, Keiko Mercheri (watch out for this line), Histoires de Parfums.

www.Fragrancesoftheworld.com ~ Read about Michael Edwards here.

www.Frenchrendezvous.com ~ Love vanilla? Check out the notes from Maison de la Vanille

www.Guillotapothecary.com ~ Brands include MPG, Costume National, E Coudray (Love Vanille Coco), CSP, L?Artisan, Child perfume, Fresh etc

www.Javaslublu.com ~ The most extensive library! Must check this out. They have photos, info on fragrance creators, olfactory groups the perfumes belong to and launch dates. Highly recommended!

www.Luckyscent.com ~ Need I say more about this site? They are the only online retailer allowed to carry the exclusive Lea St Barth. Trend leader in the US to bring in little known but lemmings-induced scents.

www.Lusciouscargo.com ~ Another great informative site. They always seem to have the latest fragrances coming in. Read about Les Parfums de Rosine for rose lovers. They ship international and still contemplating if LV?s Spezie is worth getting from them.

www.Meccacosmetica.com ~ Corso Como, Comme des Garcon

www.Metamorphos.com ~ Learn to pronounce your L?Artisan and what goes in there!

www.Osmoz.com ~ This is a site I must visit when I was learning about perfumes just a few years back. Not the most recent/updated but their encyclopedia is very useful. Bulgari or Bvlgari?

www.Parfumsraffy.com ~ No introduction needed. Look no further for Crown Perfumery

www.Perfumemart.com ~ Informative site if you are looking for notes of a particular perfume. Check out the Chanel intro!

www.Perfumetherapy.com ~

www.Perfumeworld.net ~ Read about the world best selling perfumes by country

www.Scentier.com ~ MPG, Maison de Vanille, E Coudray (read from here that Coco Vanille is going to be discontinued, heh?mine?s going to be precious though I don?t really wear it)

www.Theperfumeshoppe.com ~ They have a cute fragrance finder wheel. Like the one from Michael Edwards

www.Haarmann-reimer.com ~ Webzine. I love the articles on fragrances in this site! Recommended!

There are many e-retailers that I haven?t mentioned. They are more or less the same and no point poring all over them and abusing your eyes. E.g. scentagious.com, perfumebay.com, perfumeemporium.com, fragrancenet.com etc etc

Perfume Houses

www.Annickgoutal.com

www.Antoniasflowers.com

www.Artscent.com ~ Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. Personalized perfumes as well.

www.Creativescent.com ~ Creative Scentualization. Get your own custom made perfumes here.

www.Editionsdeparfums.com ~ Frederic Malle. Get your lipstick, Le Parfum de Th?r?se here

www.Essenseoils.com ~ Dawn Spencer Hurwitz?s oils creations

www.Givenchy.com

www.Guerlain.com

www.fp1.com/shopping/demeter/demeterhome.html ~ Demeter. Smell the way you want.

www.Pnicolai.com ~ Parfums di Nicolai

www.Siperfumes.com ~ Strange Invisible Perfumes. Great site and my next must have!

www.salons-shiseido.com ~ Serge Lutens. Also check out this link http://www.lumiere.com/beauty/96/08/serge-lutens/

Books on Perfumes

Art of Science and Scents ~ Cathy Newman

Coty ~ Elizabeth Barille

Emperor of Scent ~ Chandler Burr

Essence & Alchemy ~ Mandy Aftel

Fabulous Fragrances ~ Jan Moran

Guerlain ~ Elizabeth Barille (Really beautiful book about this
    classic fragrance house)

Handbook of Perfumes & Flavours ~ Nigel Groom

Horoscopes and Perfumes ~ John Oakes (Read his perfume books!)

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer ~ Patrick Suskind (Literature)

Perfume & Flavour Materials ~ Steffen Arctander

Switch Bitch ~ Roald Dahl (writes about a gifted perfumer who creates a formula for a perfume that ?would have the same electrifying effect upon a man as the scent of a bitch in heat)

The Name, the Nose ~ Italo Calvino

The H and R Fragrance Guide to Feminine & Masculine ~ Haarmann & Reimer (they have their own webzine)

The World of Perfume ~ Fabienne Pavia

The Book of Perfume ~ Elizabeth Barille
    Last edited by raebelasian; 13-10-2003, 12:30 PM.

Comment

.Luxbeauty.com
      Not entirely a perfume site but they have a list the old CSP names vs the new names, which I find can be very very helpful.

Comment

To raebelasian :

thanks for posting the extensive lists of great sites to explore. These should keep me very busy for a while. BTW, I was desperate not to lose what you have painstakingly typed, so I have cut & copied your information onto my notepad in MUA. Thanks, cheers!

Comment

alt.fashion

I'm having fun reading the Fragrance Board and Productville on MUA.

Not precisely fragrance related, but Stella asked me the other day about getting on alt.fashion, and I don't know if she's found it yet. If you know how to use a newsreader, you should have no problems, but if you don't, the best way to get on is through Google.
          alt.fashion
          Google for reviews before posting any questions.

Comment

Re: All About Fragrances

Dear Cotters, I have a special request to compile websites that are useful to know more about fragrances. This is really the incomplete version and I'm sure there are plentiful out there. You can add on to the list but bear in mind that please use the 'QUOTE' function and add on alphabetically.

I hope this proves useful to you gals who love perfumes as much as I do.

p/s: I'm sorry for not being able to insert hyperlinks. I really have no time.

Perfume Sites

www.Aedes.com ~ Great for browsing! This was the site that introduces me to the world of perfume.

www.Apothia.com ~ For cult fragrances like Child and People of Labyrinths

www.Basenotes.com ~ I search for notes on this site mostly.

www.Beautifulperfumes.com ~ Hard-to-find fragrance classics. Read stories on perfumes and notes

www.Beautybase.com ~ UK site. Buy export Serge Lutens here. Interesting site that offers tibits of information littered everywhere with Do you know

www.Beautycafe.com ~ One of my favourite site. Great for simple readings and notes on Creed, Crown Perfumery, L?Artisan, Comptoir Sud Pacifique etc. Get your Clean perfume here.

www.Beautyhabit.com ~ Another favourite and my wishlist items can be found here! A wide selection of quirky fragrances like Dinner by Bobo and read about Mandy Aftel?s perfume Cacao! Get your notes here too! Did I mention that they ship international?

www.Classyperfumes.com ~ Read about perfumes?notes here

www.First-in-fragrance.com ~ Definitely my FAVOURITE site! Great site for information on perfumers and notes. Read their Philosophy section. Carries very exclusive perfume brands and they store Gobin Daude!

www.Fourseasonsproducts.com ~ Great site to check out for notes but not for all perfumes. Brands include Creed, Parfums D?Osay, Diptyque, Fragonard, MPG, Keiko Mercheri (watch out for this line), Histoires de Parfums.

www.Fragrancesoftheworld.com ~ Read about Michael Edwards here.

www.Frenchrendezvous.com ~ Love vanilla? Check out the notes from Maison de la Vanille

www.Guillotapothecary.com ~ Brands include MPG, Costume National, E Coudray (Love Vanille Coco), CSP, L?Artisan, Child perfume, Fresh etc

www.Javaslublu.com ~ The most extensive library! Must check this out. They have photos, info on fragrance creators, olfactory groups the perfumes belong to and launch dates. Highly recommended!

www.Luckyscent.com ~ Need I say more about this site? They are the only online retailer allowed to carry the exclusive Lea St Barth. Trend leader in the US to bring in little known but lemmings-induced scents.

www.Lusciouscargo.com ~ Another great informative site. They always seem to have the latest fragrances coming in. Read about Les Parfums de Rosine for rose lovers. They ship international and still contemplating if LV?s Spezie is worth getting from them.

www.luxbeauty.com/shopComptoir/comptoirchart.htm ~ Luxbeauty

www.Meccacosmetica.com ~ Corso Como, Comme des Garcon

www.Metamorphos.com ~ Learn to pronounce your L?Artisan and what goes in there!

www.Osmoz.com ~ This is a site I must visit when I was learning about perfumes just a few years back. Not the most recent/updated but their encyclopedia is very useful. Bulgari or Bvlgari?

www.Parfumsraffy.com ~ No introduction needed. Look no further for Crown Perfumery

www.Perfumemart.com ~ Informative site if you are looking for notes of a particular perfume. Check out the Chanel intro!

www.Perfumetherapy.com ~

www.Perfumeworld.net ~ Read about the world best selling perfumes by country

www.Scentier.com ~ MPG, Maison de Vanille, E Coudray (read from here that Coco Vanille is going to be discontinued, heh?mine?s going to be precious though I don?t really wear it)

www.Theperfumeshoppe.com ~ They have a cute fragrance finder wheel. Like the one from Michael Edwards

www.Haarmann-reimer.com ~ Webzine. I love the articles on fragrances in this site! Recommended!

There are many e-retailers that I haven?t mentioned. They are more or less the same and no point poring all over them and abusing your eyes. E.g. scentagious.com, perfumebay.com, perfumeemporium.com, fragrancenet.com etc etc

Perfume Houses

www.Annickgoutal.com

www.Antoniasflowers.com

www.Artscent.com ~ Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. Personalized perfumes as well.

www.Creativescent.com ~ Creative Scentualization. Get your own custom made perfumes here.

www.Editionsdeparfums.com ~ Frederic Malle. Get your lipstick, Le Parfum de Th?r?se here

www.Essenseoils.com ~ Dawn Spencer Hurwitz?s oils creations

www.Givenchy.com

www.Guerlain.com

www.fp1.com/shopping/demeter/demeterhome.html ~ Demeter. Smell the way you want.

www.molinard.com/ang/intro.asp ~ Molinard Perfume House

www.Pnicolai.com ~ Parfums di Nicolai

www.Siperfumes.com ~ Strange Invisible Perfumes. Great site and my next must have!

www.salons-shiseido.com ~ Serge Lutens. Also check out this link http://www.lumiere.com/beauty/96/08/serge-lutens/

Books on Perfumes

Art of Science and Scents ~ Cathy Newman

Coty ~ Elizabeth Barille

Emperor of Scent ~ Chandler Burr

Essence & Alchemy ~ Mandy Aftel

Fabulous Fragrances ~ Jan Moran

Guerlain ~ Elizabeth Barille (Really beautiful book about this
            classic fragrance house)

Handbook of Perfumes & Flavours ~ Nigel Groom

Horoscopes and Perfumes ~ John Oakes (Read his perfume books!)

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer ~ Patrick Suskind (Literature)

Perfume & Flavour Materials ~ Steffen Arctander

Switch Bitch ~ Roald Dahl (writes about a gifted perfumer who creates a formula for a perfume that ?would have the same electrifying effect upon a man as the scent of a bitch in heat)

The Name, the Nose ~ Italo Calvino

The H and R Fragrance Guide to Feminine & Masculine ~ Haarmann & Reimer (they have their own webzine)

The World of Perfume ~ Fabienne Pavia

The Book of Perfume ~ Elizabeth Barille

Comment

Found another interesting site.

http://www.profumo.it/perfume/home_english.htm

Comment

hi!! is there a fragrance fair somewhere held by luxasia ...??? can i hav the venue ?? thanks..

Comment

I think it's held at the Hyatt. Check out the cosmetics forum and the makeup promotions thread. The info should be there.

Comment

stilangel
                    i found it
                    venue: grand hyatt hotel camalia room
                    27-30 oct 2005 9am-8pm

Comment

Victoria Secret Garden Collection!

Hi kinda wondering how can i order the victoria secrets perfume wit cheap prices...

Comment

Hey!

need a little help here

my clinique happy heart EDP which i got about a week ago kind of spoilt!
                        well basically the thing you press when you wanna spray the fragrance right, it came out! do you think the clinique counter can help me fix it or stg?

thanks dears

Comment

cool list! thanks alot!

Comment

Originally posted by jnkhshfn View Post
                            Hey!

need a little help here

my clinique happy heart EDP which i got about a week ago kind of spoilt!
                            well basically the thing you press when you wanna spray the fragrance right, it came out! do you think the clinique counter can help me fix it or stg?

thanks dears
                            they would probably ask u to get a new piece i suppose. what was the outcome?

Comment

My favourite scent would have to be Gucci Rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X