X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lovely Candles

Who here love candles? Well, I do!

My faves are ....
    -Tocca Stella (this thing is gorgeous. Good looking & smells so nice!)
    -Sweetscent Candles' Creme Brulee (this is the best creme brulee scent I've ever encountered. Not the sickly sweet caramelly ones you get from NE et al. Smells just like the real thing you get in a good restaurant. Yummy!
    -Sweetscent Candles' Eclair Chocolate - Like Creme Brulee, this smells absolutely delish!

Have yet to try L'Occitane's - soon .. soon!

http://www.sweetscentscandles.com

Re: Candles

Originally posted by atypical

My faves are ....
    Hmm...that sounds like some Stellas that we know too

I like L'occitane candles best - esp vanilla & lavender. I also like Clarins Aromatherapy candles..very relaxing... Gona venture into Tocca next..

*Edited by Dolphin*
    Last edited by dolphin; 25-02-2003, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Candles

tocca candles? anywhere to buy in sg?

[QUOTE][size=-2]Originally posted by meow123

My faves are ....

Hmm...that sounds like some Stellas that we know too

I like L'occitane candles best - esp vanilla & lavender. I also like Clarins Aromatherapy candles..very relaxing... Gona venture into Tocca next..

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Candles

I think Tocca is not available here rt Atypical? Got to order online I believe....In the meantime I will try the other range of L'occitane first..

Comment

Originally posted by champagne
          I visualise that too! So I switched to low-end (lower than mid-end Old Colony. Sucks but I have to finish them. I think I'll stick to basic unscented ones (for the candle-lit effect, very nice to drift off to sleep... ok not recommended to leave unattended). I'll try essential oils for the scent instead.
          Guys dun seem to dig candles, only 1 guy I've dated lit them in his room, which made me swoooooon!!!
          Yeap I use my unscented candles with the essential oils instead and I usually use the cheap unscented ones since there is no scent anyway

My hubby like scented candles though!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Candles

Originally posted by meow123
            I think Tocca is not available here rt Atypical? Got to order online I believe....In the meantime I will try the other range of L'occitane first..
            YUp, it's not avalaible here (drats!). I got mine from Beautyhabit.com.

I'd like to try Diptyque & L'Artisan candles next. They look so beautiful!

Comment

i love the Annick Goutal noelle candle, the limited edition one for x'mas, i was told.....this got me hooked on scented candles.

i'm now eyeing on diptyque oyeda.....gonna figure out where to get it cos i'm not going to that infamous place ever again!

Comment

How's the AG candle? Do they burn strong?

I love the packaging of the Diptyque candles! How mcuh are they & what does Oyeda smell like?

Comment

How's the AG candle? Do they burn strong?

I love the packaging of the Diptyque candles! How mcuh are they & what does Oyeda smell like?
                  the AG scent was quite strong when i first used it.....but now, it's either that my nose is immuned to it already or the candle has lost its scent, it's kinda faint now

i misspelt it, it's supposed to be Oyedo.....very nice citrusy, refreshing grapefruit scent.....makes me hungry when i took a sniff at it. Read that it has yuzu, grapefruit and mandarin in it but since i've never smelled yuzu before, i can only recognise the grapefruit and mandarin scent. Lovely!

Comment

got problem - i've a flat frosted glass candle holder and there's now wax stuck on it after a candy finished burning itself; the wax wouldn't budge, what can i do???

Comment

Simple! Just pop the holder in the freezer for about 5 minutes. The wax should be able to come off easily after that.

Comment

oh it worked, it worked, i was too hasty - have to to let the thing thaw for a while and the wax will slide off with the condensed water!

thanks for the great tip atypical!!!

Comment

Is it cheaper in Europe? Ok gotta plan my trip to Europe so that I can get hold of Oyedo candle!
                          was thinking this could be cheaper in europe since it's from france?

Comment

Oh if the nut likes it then this must be really good... Do u know whether they have it in London? A friend is going there end May and possibly Paris too.....so we can get her to buy for us first... But must let me know where to get this....If she can't find it, I will see whether I can get it myself if my trip to Europe in Aug/Sep materialise..

I want Oyedo!!! It sounds like a Japanese name...
                            i'm sure london has it....saw a UK website selling it. not sure where in london tho' probably can try upmarket places like Liberty or something

Comment

You guys are so funny! :ROFL:

Ok ... back to topic ...

Check this site out!

They'll include 7 samples with any order! We also have the option of choosing 7 scents for sampling! All for US$12.50. They don't ship out here though ....

I was checking on the Oyedo candle.... It looks so good! But US$42????!! Meow, you're right, the name is Japanese.

Here's the description : Oyedo translates to the ancient name of Tokyo. The candle is dedicated to the Yuzu fruit; a japanese grapefruit with a green, herbal aroma.

Comment

Working...
                              X