Miller Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Harris

This brand sells candles and perfume. Anyone tried this?

This elegant candle transforms a room with the fragrance of Spring flowers. A heart of sweet pea, mimosa, and Egyptian jasmine is balanced by hints of raspberry and ripe peach and a base of Florentine iris, warm amber, and Madagascan vanilla.

I should think that this line is reaching our shores soon since we get to sample the three perfumes during the last fragrance workshop Hopefully the candles will reach us as well.

Comment

That's a beautiful jar!

I checked out MUA for reviews and they seem to be saying pretty good things about them.

Comment

Miller Harris' Fragrances are already available at Escentials Raffles Anyone going for any reviews soon?? I can only make it down next week earliest!

6 fragrances including the 3 we reviewed previously and of course, the candles too!
        Last edited by teiko; 02-12-2003, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Miller Harris Fragrances

Comment

Perfumes

Had a chance to sample some perfumes from Miller Harris yesterday at Escentials. Thanks to Jean who made it a wonderful experience. Basically, Escentials has imported 6 fragrances from MH this time and they are:

Citron Citron
            Combines Sicilian lemon, Spanish Orange and Jamaican lime with cool notes of fresh mint leaves and sweet basil.

Coeur de Fleur
            A heart of sweet-pea, mimosa and Egyptian jasmine is enhanced with a delicate hint of raspberry and peach, and resting on a base of florentine iris, warm amber and Madagascan vanilla

Fleur Oriental
            A voloptous bouquet of spicey carnation, Turkish rose and Indian jasmine set the mood, which instantly takes the senses down into the base of rich amber, vanilla and musk, revived with a passing breeze of heliotrope and fresh orange flower.

Terre de Bois
            Rich notes of vetiver grass, Indonesian patchouli and a touch of verbena surround a heart of galbanum, juniperberry and clary sage, sealed with fine indian spices and amber.

Fleur de Martin(edp)
            Fleur du Matin is reminiscent of an early morning bouquet of honeysuckle, jasmine and neroli, glistening with dew, surrounded by shimmering notes of subtle galbanum and fresh basil, lifted with a hint of sparkling grapefruit and invigorating lemon leaves.

Noix de Tuberese(edp)
            Noix de Tubereuse began in the endangered tuberose fields of Grasse. The plant's intensely fragrant leaves are at the heart of a perfume with base notes of tonka bean, orris and amber. Top notes of wild green clover, mimosa and violet join a faint aroma of fig to animate this mysteriously exotic fragrance

descriptions taken off aedes.com

Basically, the what caught my eye was Citron Citron but upon application, this scent was a disappointment cos it does not develope well on me. The scent went rather flat and loses its 'lemony-lime' fragrance, which I rather like.

Another that deserve a note is Fleur de Martin. Jean was mentioning that December weather is perfect for this scent because of its rainy season which would bring out the fresh basil and grapefruit note. I personally envision/describe this scent as: "a clean showered man leaving the bathroom wearing a brown suit" HTH

After smelling so many scents I think I developed fragrance amnesia already. Cant really remember how to describe the others

Comment

Candles

Escentials carries two lines from MH, one line the candles carries the scent from the perfume and the other are completely different scent (room scents). The perfumed line are slightly smaller and cost ard $60+ and the room scents are 8oz and costs ard $80.

Comment

Re: Perfumes

Originally posted by teiko
                Had a chance to sample some perfumes from Miller Harris yesterday at Escentials. Thanks to Jean who made it a wonderful experience. Basically, Escentials has imported 6 fragrances from MH this time and they are:
                You were there last night?! I was there too! Popped by around 7pm and stayed through till 8pm. Sample quite a few perfume. All in all, it was nice talking to Jean.

BTW, the Miller Harris candles are in!

Comment

Re: Perfumes

Couer de Fleur sounds very nice, the name sounds so nice..should translate to Heart of the Flower isn't it?

I liked the description of Fleur de Martin but BROWN SUIT??? So Mr Bean..

Thanks gal! For the detailed report

Coeur de Fleur
                  A heart of sweet-pea, mimosa and Egyptian jasmine is enhanced with a delicate hint of raspberry and peach, and resting on a base of florentine iris, warm amber and Madagascan vanilla

[Fleur de Martin(edp)
                  Fleur du Matin is reminiscent of an early morning bouquet of honeysuckle, jasmine and neroli, glistening with dew, surrounded by shimmering notes of subtle galbanum and fresh basil, lifted with a hint of sparkling grapefruit and invigorating lemon leaves.

Another that deserve a note is Fleur de Martin. Jean was mentioning that December weather is perfect for this scent because of its rainy season which would bring out the fresh basil and grapefruit note. I personally envision/describe this scent as: "a clean showered man leaving the bathroom wearing a brown suit" HTH

Comment

Re: Re: Perfumes

Originally posted by dolphin
                    You were there last night?! I was there too! Popped by around 7pm and stayed through till 8pm. Sample quite a few perfume. All in all, it was nice talking to Jean.
                    Nope, I went on Tues!

Comment

Re: Re: Perfumes

Originally posted by Sharon

I liked the description of Fleur de Martin but BROWN SUIT??? So Mr Bean..

That's so unromantic

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Perfumes

Nope, I went on Tues!
                        I should have seen your date of your post. Blur me! :sotong:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Perfumes

That's so unromantic
                          I think Mr Bean is actually kind of hot

Oh ok Rowan Atkinson is hot, I love brainy men who can laugh at themselves. Heard IRL he's very serious but I'm digressing here aren't I?

I will definitely go sniff at Fleur de Martin when I have a chance

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Perfumes

Originally posted by Sharon
                            I will definitely go sniff at Fleur de Martin when I have a chance
                            I thought Terre de Bois would be your cup of tea instead

Comment

Just popped by today and had to report this: Cotters who are interested in the Tuberese?? They had only brought in 6 of it and now there are only 4 left. Girls, better run for it

Comment

Working...
                              X