Luscious Cargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luscious Cargo

I just want to share my experiences with my orders from lusciouscargo.com.

I was surprised to receive a really long email from Marcy. It was written in a 'stern' and 'chiding' way. It was regarding this post that I posted on MUA that I didn't get reply for the emails I sent her twice. There was nothing nasty about the post but more towards a plea for help from MUAers. Then again, she interpreted in a wrong way and sent me a really long email. She thought I was really nasty in writing that post.

Here's an example,"It's just beyond my comprehension that you
    could then make such a negative and damaging post on MUA"

She went on and on, "But to be publicly denigrated or slammed on a forum that's very easily swayed by one negative comment, when that negative comment is completely unwarranted (and I say this because if you wrote me twice, I received only one---to which I responded), is incredibly discouraging and not a little depressing. This is a very tough business and I'd like to hope that when someone boxes my ears it's for a good reason."

Why the big reaction from her is puzzling? It was never derogatory in the first place and I always thought that constructive criticism should be heeded. Wow...what's up with her? I do not even care that she's reading this.

It's not my fault that my first email regarding Gobin Daude didn't reached her. She only replied to my second email. She assured me about the shipping. "Don't worry about the $28 shipping---that's a default "worst-case" scenario and sample packs to your neck of the woods will be closer to $12-14 than $28."

I totally get it that LC is extremely understaffed and Marcy's mother is sick. Do business owners go round scolding their customers just because of this one little remark that her customer made or just because she's so overwhelmed with the on-goings in her life?

Anyway, this 'chiding' email came after I ordered samples from her. I was charged straight US$28 for shipping.

It's a buyers' market out there. I don't think Marcy gets it. If she decides to remedy the situation, I might still give my business to her. I forget things very easily. I placed the order with the assurance from her that shipping will not reach US$28. Never mind...US$28 is a small price to pay to learn a lesson. I don't think Americans will ever understand how Asians emphasis on 'trust in business' very well.

Anyway, there's no reason to be angry with her. Just kinda disppointed that she didn't bother to listen to my side before sending me the email. BOMB! Those in CC who knows me well enough will understand how I feel about the whole issue.

A pity that the samples I ordered from her will be tranished very much. I don't think I will really enjoy them very much no matter how great they are. It just takes one person to spoil my perfumes.

I've already written her an email. God Bless America.

Thanks for listening.

That sucks Rac. Did you write about this in MUA? That's really too much & you should publicise her appalling behaviour!

Comment

My god! Poor Rach I wonder what her reaction will be if you publicise on MUA her very interesting email to you... :I think you won't, but if its me, I sure will .

Its really atrocious, and US$28 for shipping! It's almost like she takes pride and joy in doing this. And it does not matter whose mother is sick or who is overworked. It has nothing to do with you and certainly not caused by you. Its ridiculously unfair and unprofessional for her to take it out on you because of a simple and harmless remark you happen to make at this time. Oversized XXXXX!

Edit to add: I will never ever order anything from this website even if they're te last store on earth that sells perfume, and my friends who are keen online perfume shoppers will be very grateful to know which company to avoid.
      Last edited by mango; 16-01-2004, 03:38 PM.

Comment

That's terrible. Not very professional in handling different matter. Thanks for sharing, I don't think I will ever order from her. I can't stand bad CS, online purchasing especially.

BTW, Rachel, Big Thanks for the perfume samples (im not sure if my last PM reached you). I haven't had the time to "sniff sniff" them

Comment

The email was unpleasant but I am half-hearted about bringing this issue to MUA with my poor command of English. I have no time and energy and also brain juice to 'argue' on MUA boards. I was more overwhelmed with the language actually I took a while to understand what she's writing.

Comment

Originally posted by mango
            Its really atrocious, and US$28 for shipping! It's almost like she takes pride and joy in doing this. )
            hey! I thought so too. It's almost like punishing me for that post in MUA.

esabelle, hope you have settled down in Au and things are looking good for you and family. Take care

Comment

Re: Luscious Cargo

Originally posted by raebelasian
              Anyway, this 'chiding' email came after I ordered samples from her. I was charged straight US$28 for shipping.
              Don't companies usually inform you of the actual shipping costs before charging you? Some sort of e-mail confirmation? It seems dishonest otherwise.

I haven't received my 10CC yet from Beautyhabit, but the service has been great. On my request, they quoted me the approximate shipping $, then after I ordered, e-mailed me the exact shipping amount to get my approval. After it was actually sent out, I got another confirmation e-mail.

I won't be ordering from LC. I seem to remember another US vendor who was equally unreasonable (happened to a MUAer too).

Comment

hey! I thought so too. It's almost like punishing me for that post in MUA.

esabelle, hope you have settled down in Au and things are looking good for you and family. Take care
                Its obviously revenge if you ask me, she sure graduated top in class from charm school. What a good deal to take revenge by charging someone US$28 for samples!

Hey, you know what? If she had given you her word that it will not be $28 and she later charges $28, you can reject the order even if the transaction has gone through. If I were you, I'll write to her to cancel my order on the grounds that she lied about shiping cost, and I'l call up my bank to give instructions not to accept this order.

Comment

is this bad service week or something?? :piss: i got bad service too, Rach. i think her chiding is TOTALLY, i mean TOTALLY overreacting. maybe she is having too much going on in her life -- she HERSELF should take it easy. :roll:

Comment

Me too

I thought I was the one who had such horrible experiences. I order some bags and bangles from this lady from ebay one month before x'mas. Asked for AWB number, didn't respond to my 2 emails.

Finally the goods arrive, one bangle was missing. Wrote to her twice, no respond. Finally, I wrote that I will leave a neg rating if still no respond. Fwah...her respond was immediate. Chided me for being so "understanding" during her busiest time of the year. Sacastically mentioned that she will send out the missing bangle out of goodwill.

Of course, i would not take it lying down. I told her that x'mas is not my problem. You don't see me relaxing during CNY. It's business as usual especially for online business. If u can't cope, please close "shop". Told her also that I didn't care whether the missing bangle issue is solved after even after the New Year. What I needed was just a respond from her.

She apologised to me thereafter for jumping the gun. Too bad, her first email left such a bitter note (+ I was PMS-ing), I just replied to her "WHATEVER.... :roll: ." How I wish she could also see the palm of my hand.

Agree with Nic, call your credit card and stop the payment. Take the $28 and put it into better use.....

Comment

The small etailers in USA can get a little crazy - most of these are truly home businesses with 1 person and a computer plus a workshop. Thank goodness I have been lucky.

Rachel, I would try and get the $28USD back! Also, although i doubt you will do it, you should publisize her letter to you. The MUAer can judge for themselves. hugz

Sky, the next time someone does a spree, i will be super nice to her! i underestimated the amt of work =) Been calling the nail guy on a daily basis -- things got left out, they overcharged my cc etc. it's a good learning experience though =)

Comment

I just logged in to my account in LC. Package has been sent out.
                        I suppose I will just go ahead with the cancellation and send them back the package intact when it reaches me.

As for 'airing' the issue on MUA, bf and friend's advice was to do it! My friend even want to help me pen my messages and bf said that it should be the most sarcastic post I can write. I will only publicise after I send everything back to Marcy and also on the day/time when there are the most MUAers logged in

I'm glad that I have the support of you gals and friends. Actually, it's not really a big issue la-h. I know there are nice people out there who always make my day Thanks gals

Comment

I just logged in to my account in LC. Package has been sent out.
                          I suppose I will just go ahead with the cancellation and send them back the package intact when it reaches me.

Exactly!! Three cheers for this brilliant decision!!

Comment

Yes. Send the damn thing back!

I'm sorry if her mom is ill and she's going through a hard time. However, business is business is business. And regardless of the reason for the delay, it doesn't change the fact that there was a delay. A smarter move would have been to acknowledge that, explain why, and then politely request that you not continue saying she was unresponsive.

But in the first place, your note was nowhere near bad! It wasn't a complaint, just a simple statement of facts. If she can't deal with the facts, don't do business honey. Most MUAers are nice enough to 'forgive' problems due to family matters. But in the real world of retail, most customers aren't.

Please please please bring up this issue on MUA. And email her back. She deserves a good telling off for her disgraceful behaviour. And the public deserves to know her 'true' side. After all, what's going to happen to the next poor soul who has a genuine complaint with her products? She'll be inside out!!

If you need any help writing it, just tell me. :evil: I'm v good at sending sarcastic emails for bad service

Comment

Wow! Although I have never heard of the website before, even if I wanted to purchase anything, I won't want to after hearing this bad experience.

Frankly speaking, the seller had the opportunity to turn things around. I mean, she could have apologised & then throw in some extra free samples out of goodwilll...coz if she does that, of course the customer would be happy & who knows, she might have a new happy customer who'd be happy to spread the good word about it....pity she chose not to.

And the question that you had posted in MUA - sounds like a netural ordinary question....not too sure how come she could have misinterpret it...

Comment

Working...
                              X