SweetScentsCandles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SweetScentsCandles

Stella has good reviews on sweetscent candles. She was very nice to pass me a votive a while back. Scent throw is marvellous.

I don't really rec yankee, dear.

Yes yes, Sweet Scents is the bomb! Never really tried Yankee's but the AZW stuff smelled really sickening - maybe cos the scents I chose were all foody ones.. Scent throw was very good though.

Sweetscents fragrances looks & smells "classier". I got the tealights sampler last time & the tiny things gave off a good scent. The foody scents are to die for .. my faves are the Creme Brulee & Almond Biscotti.

Xue, have you thought about getting an electric tart warmer? Safer than regular candles for sure. Check out www.tartburners.com
    Last edited by atypical; 06-01-2004, 09:40 PM.

Comment

ataraxia,

i researched on this as well, it seems that the general consesus is that SSC has a stronger scent throw then Yankee. Please note that I have never tried Yankee

One more thing to note, SSC has some of their items on ebay. i 've never bought them before but gals say they are over-runs and every bit as good as the ones from the website.

Will you be in spore for long? my bf sent me several SSC candles and I can bring them for you to sniff and test out these couple of days. Candles smell very different when burnt! SSC scents are so complex =) I live very very near town, so don't worry about it being troublesome. I'm literally 5 mins away IF i dont have to park! This way you can test out the scent throw even if you dont like the scent

Scents are very individual though.. so you might not like what I have. It will give you an idea of how strong the scent is. The ones i have are in tin cans so they are easy to tote around. You'll just need to light them.

Scents :
      - october gave a party : scent of autumn
      - bobbing for apples
      - twigs and berries
      - white doves : soft flower vanilla
      - yuletide bayberry
      - strawberry passion

- eculyptus spearmint
      - nutcracker
      - apple creek
      - walnute cake
      - winter berry
      - berries and pine
      - relaxing
      - love lotion

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
        Stella has good reviews on sweetscent candles. She was very nice to pass me a votive a while back. Scent throw is marvellous.

I don't really rec yankee, dear.
        Rachel and Stella,

I have the following in votices, so if you are interested in trying them, ill pass them over to you gals. I have too many to burn - a drawer full of LOL and S&L tarts plus the 16oz SSC. i asked for some candles, dear SO just went overboard.

- eculyptus spearmint
        - nutcracker
        - apple creek
        - walnute cake
        - winter berry
        - berries and pine
        - relaxing
        - love lotion

PS i wil make my way down to Bugis, promise!

Comment

That's really sweet of you to offer dear! Thank you!

How's the October Gave a Party scent? I have heard so much about it but never had a chance to try. Have you also tried the much raved about Beignet?

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
            That's really sweet of you to offer dear! Thank you!

How's the October Gave a Party scent? I have heard so much about it but never had a chance to try. Have you also tried the much raved about Beignet?
            yes, i've tried beignet. my bf kept it. its VERY sweet, sweeter than creme brulee. you have to realy like sweet vanilla scents for this one. he kept the creme brulee for himself and coffee house.

i love OGAP, smells like fresh, crisp air to me. Unburnt, it smells horrible.. i used it in my mum's bathroom and later discovered that i love it. My mum loves it too.

if ataraxia is not interested in those scents, i can pass you the tins for a couple of days to test out. It's better to sniff before ordering cos the tins are huge and shipping to spore will be horrible! sorry.. my mum loves this one.. so i can't pass it to you.

let me know =)

Comment

For those who are intertested in getting Sweet Scents Candles .. Here's what I got in the mail today.

Our special for the remainder of January:
              for every website purchase of *two* 16 oz. Platinum Tins, choose one
              of the following, on us. You may choose from:

TROPICAL EXPLOSION (pineapple-orange-banana-coconut-tangerine)
              SATSUMA GUAVA & LIME (tart guava-lime)
              SPRING FLORAL* (sharp tulip-hyacinth-lily-jasmine-rose-lemon)
              SPRING FLING* (plumberry-hyacinth)
              MADAGASCAR SPICE (cardamom-clove-saffron-patchouli-sandalwood-musk-
              amber)
              NATURE'S BOUNTY* (nuts & berries - rich and complex, no "dry" nuts)

You may use this private sale as often as you like, even within the
              same order (choose 12 Platinum Tins, and we ship along your choice
              of 6 of the above scents). Please leave a quick note with your
              selection(s) in the "comments" section in your online shopping
              cart. This special is only available with website purchases, and
              cannot be combined with any other discounts. Shipping is always
              $6.50, no matter how large the package (contiguous 48 states).
              This special can be rescinded at any time. Enjoy!

Kindest regards, your friends,
              Barbie, Laura, and Margie
              (the Sweet Scents man

Comment

I am definitely ordering! Who wants to join me? Barbie charges a flat rate of $6.50 no matter how much you order so it makes sense for us to do a "spree". Then have them sent thru vPost.

What scents should I get? I am thinking about the following ...

1. Beignet From New Orleans, the famous French doughnut... fried dough with crystallized sugar.

2. Ultimate Lemon Trifle (employee FAVORITE) (customer TOP TEN: Dec. 2003) Sweet rich lemon curd with heavy cream and extra caramelized sugar, and a generous helping of G?noise cake.... the result is a divine and luscious fragrance. Bottom line: lemon, made very, very sexy.

3. Patisserie Cr?me Brulee (customer TOP TEN: Dec. 2003) The decadent flame-torched (burnt sugar) caramelized dessert. This French patisserie version features nuances of savory Ravar No.4 pistachio, for a more hip and modern presentation.

4. Amaretto & Truffles (employee FAVORITE) (customer TOP TEN: Dec. 2003) This fragrance bursts with luscious cherries mingled with rich almonds. It is then wrapped with a blanket of vanilla beans, coconut cream, and mountains of luscious chocolate truffles.

5. Brandied Pears & Butternut (employee FAVORITE) (customer TOP TEN: Dec. 2003) A mysterious marriage of winter pears, brandy, burnt brown sugar, and butternut squash. Do not let let the word "squash" shock you - it adds a creamy baking texture to this masterpiece fragrance.

6. Brandied & Spiced Fruit (employee FAVORITE) (customer TOP TEN: Dec. 2003) A perfect blending of ripe fruits (tangerine, apple, pear, red currant, plum, and juniper berries) with holiday spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, vanilla bean, and allspice), brown sugar, and rich fragrant brandy.

7. Satsuma Guava & Lime (employee FAVORITE) A bright and invigorating sweet/tart combination of Satsuma guava and lime. Modern, tart, and slightly "green"... a perfect air cleanser.

8. Tropical Explosion An exotic mid-winter pick-me-up! Loaded with succulent pineapple, mango, ripe bananas. shaved coconut, and a sunny mandarin/tangerine/Yuzu blend.
                Last edited by atypical; 09-01-2004, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Oh Stella.. i'm gonna PM you right away.

By the way, they sell this cheaper on Ebay you know ? But the buy2 get 1 free promotion makes this so attractive

Comment

Got your PM.

Is it more worthwhile to buy off ebay? Or to get the 2 get 1?

Comment

stella, i think it depends on the scents you like - if you like the ones she is giving for free.

also, if you put in your order on the same day as the auction end, Barbie will ship them for $6.50! it's not considered 2 separate orders!

Comment

hey xue!

have you tried out the SSC votives yet?

^_^

Comment

Hey dear!!

I haven't tried them yet. BF is sending them over in a parcel, he was worried I'd crush them in my luggage.

But they smell delightful already with the cold throw.

Thanks so much for being a dear!

I'm ordering now...

White Doves
                          (customer TOP TEN: Dec. 2003) A serene and simply beautiful scent: vanilla bean blended with musky vanilla, and the slightest fruit nuances (fresh pears and red currants).

Tropical Explosion (free!)
                          An exotic mid-winter pick-me-up! Loaded with succulent pineapple, mango, ripe bananas. shaved coconut, and a sunny mandarin/tangerine/Yuzu blend.

SPRING FLORAL (FREE!)
                          sharp tulip-hyacinth-lily-jasmine-rose-lemon

Jasmine Honey
                          The haunting and slightly moody jasmine fragrance is sweetened and jazzed up with the additional of rich/succulent honey notes.

Crisp Linen
                          Need a shot of fresh air in your winter home? Sparkling clean aldehydes combine with nuances of soft florals; the overall impression is freshly cleaned and line dried linens and sheets.

Snowball Fight
                          The freshest winter scent: fresh aloe, frozen water, and slight cr?me de menthe notes. (Imagine aloe fabric softener breezes over newly fallen snow).

Tealights, Dozen - Assorted Scent.

Will review once my candles come!

I just wish i was in Sg so I can share these candles with you girls!
                          Last edited by xue; 21-01-2004, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Xue, email Barbie with your questions and ask her for opinons. She is very helpful and has suggested lovely and even better selections for me =)

For example, i told her my BF loves vanilla, the foody kind. Instead of asking me to purchase her all time top selling product, she suggested another and it was a wonderful! even "better" in his opinion than the popular one.

She is familiar with most perfume scents too =)

enjoy!!!
                            Last edited by snowstar; 12-01-2004, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Hi gals,

I just put in an order for the sweet scents candles cos I am so tempted by the scent descriptions...sounds mouth watering. I've been following and reading this thread for quite a while but I'm not really an expert in candles other than the fact that I owned 2 Crabtree and Evelyn Vanilla Fragrance Candle. The scent is quite light and not really strong. I understand that the sweet scents candles have a really strong scent, I'm kind of looking forward to that. Hee.
                              Someday I'll try tarts....until I find a tart burner.

On a side note, I realized candles are really handy...because I had a blackout in my flat 2-3 times last year within half a year , I know this sounds really silly and ridiculous but that's when I realized having candles around is so important hehehe... I know I really appreciate the scent even more then... because there was nothing else to do besides waiting and breathing.. it kinds of calm me down. I even bring it into the bathroom in the morning when I shower (when electricity is still not being restored!!) So this is like a fabulous opportunity to stock up..just in case

Have a great day all!

paley

Comment

Working...
                              X