Diptyque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diptyque

the diptyque candles are $72 here, i think.

The other one that piqued my interest is the Baies!

Diptyque's most popular candle BAIES is an unusual blend of blackcurrants, blackcurrant-leaf and bulgarian rose. A green, fruity, citrussy floral fragrance is the outcome of this exquisite concoction.

Comment

Stella Stella, Diptyque currently has a limited edition set of three candles (can't remember the scent, read this from Elle mag. Will post the scent later ). Selling for $72? I think..... I am so tempted..the packaging is so nice.

hmmm.....but it is only available u know at that infamous place...sigh!!

I am still lemming for Oyedo though.....

If u are interested better check them out before they are sold out. Diptyque candles are very popular...I am still thinking....hmmmm...

Comment

I think I know wchich ones you're talking about. They're special colored jars. The Baies in black. , the Frangpane in Red & a green one too ... Really cool looking. They're the same price as the regular white jars.

You can buy these individually though so maybe we are not talking about the same thing after all.

I was really tempted to get the black Baies but I'm not buying anything from that place unless there's a very very very good discount!

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
          I think I know wchich ones you're talking about. They're special colored jars. The Baies in black. , the Frangpane in Red & a green one too ... Really cool looking. They're the same price as the regular white jars.

You can buy these individually though so maybe we are not talking about the same thing after all.

I was really tempted to get the black Baies but I'm not buying anything from that place unless there's a very very very good discount!
          Ok, here's what's in the limited edition trio - Fig, Tuberose and Black Baies (u are right) with wafts blackcurrant leaves. $71 each......sigh! I won't buy from that place.....

Comment

Talking about candles, how are the Diptyque ones compared to Yankee? It's a huge indulgence if I were to buy the Diptyque ones but I 'nosed' a few gorgeous scents.

Comment

Escentials carries Diptyque candles but the last time I asked, they don't have either the Oyedo candle or EDT.

Comment

has anyone bought Diptyque candles? any scents to recommend?

EDITED to add: sorry ladies. lazy ole me just read the thread again. the "yuzu" smell-a-like seems rather popular.

i'm lemming Rose, Baies Black and Lavender too. xmas pressie for me.
                Last edited by michannat; 22-11-2003, 11:18 PM.

Comment

hey mich, not a candle fan but Oyedo candles the fans here would tell you. it's grapefruit btw! i do like the geranium ones but not sure of the name.

Comment

mich, they have oyedo @ escentials for you to sniff but not for sale, no stock i was told. but yes go smell them all. there is a strong rose scent & again i do not remember the name!

Comment

Diptyque Oyedo is in stock @ Tangs if anyone is interested!

Comment

thanks farah. that was where i got my odeyo last night and had a sniff at creed's spring flowers candle and was instantly in love.

Comment

Thanks, Farah. Have been waiting for this for a while. Does anyone know if Oyedo EDT is in as well? I don't mind smelling like a walking grapefruit.

AG Noel candles are coming in too. Good time to stock up on this festive favorite.

Comment

Finally bought two Diptyque candles: Choisya and Feu de Bois

On Choisya: A fruity scent (Mexican Orange Blossom) that diffuses a clean citrussy floral scent. Gives a calming and soothing effect.

On Feu de Bois: A very unique and strong scent. Very firewoody which is unusually different from the fruity, floral scent. This defintely caught my attention. The SA calls this a Temple scent but I simply cannot resist.

Oyedo smells great too! I will probably get this the next round.

Comment

Lovers of Diptyque candles, you had better make a run for it cos Escentials will increase its prices of candles from $72 to $83 in Feb.

Comment

Working...
                              X