L'Occitane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'Occitane

I love candles too and i'm lemming for L'Ocittane Lavendar candle !!! But the high-price always kept me away.

In the meantime, i just burn Old Colony Scented Tealights... The Orange Peel always make me feel fresh and alert!

Received a few Yankee Tarts as well.. not sure how to burn them in a burner. Do i place them at the position where we pour water into if we are using essential oils?

Originally posted by bluebubble
    i love them but can't justify spending so much on good ones (i mean u're literally burning money away!) but recently i bought l'occitane vanille which i love love love...my first highend candle (the lowend one sucks big time) and probably my only in a long long time
    My thoughts too!

I just bought L'Occitane Clementine candle at S$29...my 1st highend candle purchase. I like the fresh scent very much! Will move on to L'occitane's other fragrance candles after this Clementine.

Comment

Oh, don't know if anyone has tried this but I was very disappointed with L'Occiatne Verbena candle. You can smell it when it's near but the scent throw just wasn't good enough to justify the cost.

If I had all the money in the world, these are the candles I'd buy. They're just so beautiful!

C?t? Bastide - Jasmine Candle (US$21)

Tocca - Grace Candle (Casablanca Lily) (US$32)
      The pure essence of the Casablanca lily, the Roman symbol of hope, is inspired by the classic elegance of Grace Kelly. An exhilaratingly fresh scent captured from the fragrant blossom from the queen of flowers.

Tocca - Tara Candle (Ginger Lily)
      Pure White Ginger Lily, a Himalayan mountain flower known for its fragrant, classically floral scent. Also known as "the fragrance of the princess," Ginger Lily brings notes of freshness and purity to the nose and images of a lush spiritual paradise to the mind.

Diptyque Oyedo (US$45)
      Oyedo translates to the ancient name of Tokyo. The candle is dedicated to the Yuzu fruit; a japanese grapefruit with a green, herbal aroma.
      Last edited by atypical; 17-10-2003, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Stressy, Lizzy, Candee!! You gonna do a review on Loccitane's candles for us soon eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
          Stressy, Lizzy, Candee!! You gonna do a review on Loccitane's candles for us soon eh?
          yup yup yup, my review on the Loccitane's candles. I've tried the Melissa Pear, the fragrance went off very sweetly initially, but it wasn't intense enough to last thru out. The fragrance is very mild. I would recommend to burn it in an enclose room, the effect will be better.

The honey harvest incense, take off more intensely as compared. I like both the fragrance, just a little disappointment for the candles, it didn't give me the oomph! as i expected to be

Surprisingly, my mum like the fragrance of the candles better than me! :p

Comment

Disappointing! My Lavender candle from Loocitane was disappointing. The smell is not intense at all. in fact it was so light that I almost think I smell wax instead of the scent. I even asked my hubbie to smell - nothing. BTW, I burnt it in an enclosed room for 15 minutes.

Thank goodness, my hubbie is still in the dark on how much the candle cost. He would comment its $$ burning away - literally. I think I'll stick to burning via the aromatheraphy way - pot, water and oil.

Comment

The scent from my L'occitane candle is strong when there is a fan blowing nearby to help disperse the scent This works even in a large living room. Without the aid of the fan (not blowing directly at it of course ), the scent is not strong either.

Comment

I find that L'Occitane Lavendar Candle, when burnt, emits the same soothing herbal lavendar scents just like the lavendar oil i buy from The Scent Shop. I know because i must have bought and used up quite a few over the last few years.

I don't find it to be too mild though. Find it ok, not too over-powering either. But for the SAME scent, i would suggest buying a bootle of Lavendar oil for $12+ at The Scent Shop and you can burn for so much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
                  The scent from my L'occitane candle is strong when there is a fan blowing nearby to help disperse the scent This works even in a large living room. Without the aid of the fan (not blowing directly at it of course ), the scent is not strong either.
                  ermmm.....i placed my candle directly under the fan. I like my candles to burn evenly, meaning the wax melts evenly. If I placed it around a fan (which I did originally), the flame flickers and sways and the wax starts to burn lope-sided.

The reason why burning evenly is important because when it's nearer towards the end, there will be lesser wastage.

ponine => Are those in Scent Shop made of Lavender essential oils? I have lavender scented oil from TBS, they smell powder-ry. They smell fine on its own, but smells strange on burning. Whereas their Lavender essential oils (for aromatherapeutic purpose) smell sharper when burning.

Anyway, waiting for my tarts from CS to arrive

Comment

erm, aren't you supposed to put your candles far away from possible draughts to prevent uneven burning and accidental fires? :huh:

Still waiting eagerly for my candles! Snowstar, I would love the contacts pls!!

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                      erm, aren't you supposed to put your candles far away from possible draughts to prevent uneven burning and accidental fires? :huh:

Ahhh....that's why I placed them directly under my standing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by stressed
                        Ahhh....that's why I placed them directly under my standing fan.
                        That is something like what I do too.

Xue, when done this way, there is no direct draughts at the candle, but instead it aids in the circulation of air above it and hence help to disperse the scent

Comment

Hey, I shared the same sentiments with Stressed and Lizzy on my L'occitane's candles. I had one in Clementine. The scent is very light and mild. It gives out sooty scent instead of the fragrance itself. But it smells nice in an small enclosed room. I used it in my bathroom when the door open and windows slightly closed. It works ok.

Any candle you can recommend?

Comment

Checking in late!!

I've the Clementine candle. I burnt it in my room, open windows and door, it's just good enough for my room. It took about an hour or 2 to get the scent to my livingroom (not filling it entirely, just outside my room door only!!!). I noticed that the scent gets alot weaker as the candle finishes, is it normal?

I haven't tried any other scented candle, so I can't really compare.

Comment

I've finished using my Melissa Pear, and to use it to the max, I burnt the remaining wax, as those of the tarts. Groovy! am I smart or what? hahhaaa It smell just as great, and the scent throw is slightly stronger I thought..

I'm now burning the L'occitane Verbena, the scent throw not really that great, but strange enough, it is powerful enough to diffuse it's fragrance all the way out to my living room. My maid was like.... "ahh...lemongrass!?!?!??"

Comment

Working...
                              X