Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST Tarts - List your favorites!

hi all

would you care to share your favorite tarts? please list brand and scent.

i'm new to tarts, as i'm getting my first tart warmers soon

and now, i'm itching to buy some tarts, but don't know where and which ones to buy. so i thought that i'd ask you experts on which tarts you love with strong scents (and hopefully reasonable prices).

TIA!
    Last edited by hula_girl; 06-02-2004, 01:03 AM.

My top vote goes to MST, unfortunately she's no longer in business. $2.99 for 12 heart tarts! Strong throw as well and very true scent.

2nd vote goes to LOL. Strong throw but the scents tend to be similar. I can't differentiate between Cappucino and Cappucino Brulee and Hazelnut coffee.

I tried AD's body products and must say the scents are quite true. Can't wait to try their tarts.

Comment

MST - The best and still the best. Like Zjaniez said, the throw is very strong and the scents are fantastic. Too bad she is no longer in business.

AZW - Expensive but strong scented and it's long lasting. Her tarts comes in 1 size only. Large round tarts.

Amber's Daisy - Great throw and strong scented. Some of the scents are hit or miss I love her Orange Cake and Fresh Squeeze Oranges - Very True scent but their Tangy Mulberry smells like medicine to me...like LOL version better.

LOL - Strong throw and sometimes you need to burn 2 tarts at one time if you buy the heart tarts. Overall

Suds + Light - Strong throw and sometimes too strong scented I can't take S+L tarts in foody scents as they makes me dizzy. Her Petals & Pears and 7Up are my favourites from S+L.

Cottage Shoppe - Tried some of their tarts. Some of them are
      but some of them are too plasticy to me..

Extreme Candles - Cheap and you can buy them in few scents like samples or grab bag..strong throw but the scents are okay only. Nothing special to my nose

Comment

are there any retailers in sydney selling yummy tarts?? :note:

i've got a tart warmer (on the way) but no tarts!

Comment

the only store i know selling tarts in australia is dusk.

jep gave me the URL but i've misplaced it.. bought some tarts from them before. quite expensive (A$2-4? for one) and scent throw isn't that fantastic (might be because i kept mine for quite some time before burning)

i how "stress" smells.

they have lovely candles too

Comment

zjaninez/ jepunnye

thanks for the info

too bad i missed out on MST . i'll check out the others.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned yankee candle or sweetscentscandles?? are they not as good as LOL?

Comment

Originally posted by hula_girl
              zjaninez/ jepunnye

thanks for the info

too bad i missed out on MST . i'll check out the others.

i'm surprised no one has mentioned yankee candle or sweetscentscandles?? are they not as good as LOL?

But SSC isn't tarts, dear. It's candle so it's different

Comment

Originally posted by glenda
                But SSC isn't tarts, dear. It's candle so it's different
                oh!!
                ok, thanks for clearing that up. hehe.

Comment

If only SSC makes tarts. That'll be fantastic!

I've only tried Cottage Shoppe, Yankee's & AZW. AZW tarts are very strong but I didn't like the scents I got. Cottage Shoppe were great too. The worse of the lot was Yankee's.. the scent didn't last at all.

I've heard so many good things about MST. People are saying that she'll resume business in fall. I'd definitely order once she does.

Comment

Originally posted by atypical

I've only tried Cottage Shoppe, Yankee's & AZW. AZW tarts are very strong but I didn't like the scents I got. Cottage Shoppe were great too. The worse of the lot was Yankee's.. the scent didn't last at all.

I've heard so many good things about MST. People are saying that she'll resume business in fall. I'd definitely order once she does.
                    Hi Stella, do you remember what scents you got from AZW? Or are they all foody? TIA

Comment

I just stumbled upon this tart/candle company. I love how they package the tarts in the muslin bags.

40 tarts for $3.75. Sounds reasonable right?

Comment

Yup Glenda, they were foody. I got stuff like CReme Brulee, Lemon POundcake...

Comment

I just stumbled upon this tart/candle company. I love how they package the tarts in the muslin bags.

40 tarts for $3.75. Sounds reasonable right?
                          hi atypical

thanks for the info. will definitely want to try MST if it comes available since eveyrone is raving about them, but for now will look into cottage shoppe tarts.

wow this candle-licious website looks interesting. hearts are cute, and cheap too. =)

thanks.

Comment

Heh, I emailed SSC about tarts but they said due to safety reasons, they're not making them.

And FYI, from B&B board, someone asked MST about her tarts and Teresa said she'll make them again as early as mid-April. HTHs

Comment

Stella, could you please review what scents you got from Cottage Shoppe??

Comment

Working...
                              X