Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serendipitious

Hi

Need alittle advice here. I've always regarded the eating of chocolates as therapeutic but the downside is, it's not too good for the body. Am in search of a chocolate scent and this appeared to raved in makeupalley. Would really like comments on this and the whereabouts to get it.

Thanks

Try swapping in MUA or get your Serendipitious at www.luckyscent.com.

If u love chocolate, I have heard so much about Starboutique's Chocolate Martini. Maybe u can give it a try and tell us how it is like

The only chocolate scent I like (for memory sake) is CSP Amour de Cacao. I only like the old formula not the new one. The new one just smells 'off' without the bitterness which I favour.

What do you think of Palmer's moisturiser since u like chocolate so much? I love to slather this on myself, always thinking that they will remove my stretchmarks! Plus: Smells really yummy without being too foody.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
      ..Palmer's moisturiser since u like chocolate so much?
      2nd this! i got a huge tub of butter from a swapper as an extra and when i rubbing it into myself (took a long time though :roll: ) my sister thought i was eating chocolates

Comment

Try swapping in MUA or get your Serendipitious at www.luckyscent.com.

If u love chocolate, I have heard so much about Starboutique's Chocolate Martini. Maybe u can give it a try and tell us how it is like

The only chocolate scent I like (for memory sake) is CSP Amour de Cacao. I only like the old formula not the new one. The new one just smells 'off' without the bitterness which I favour.

What do you think of Palmer's moisturiser since u like chocolate so much? I love to slather this on myself, always thinking that they will remove my stretchmarks! Plus: Smells really yummy without being too foody.
        Rachel, well, you don't come across as a chocolate lover. I'm surprised

Yes, I've heard lots about the Chocolate Martini. I'm interested in ordering the sample. J, care to join? They have a whole range of Martinis but only the Chocolate one got the most raves.

As for CSP's Amour de Cacao, I didn't know the new one is different from the old formula. I only recently finished my old bottle. And well, after spraying now from the new bottle, I smell chocolate, candies and orange. Ooh. And I do remember the older one was way much more chocolate-y and less candy-like. A pity though, since I remembered the old version was a much loved chocolate fragrance (by me). J, I will bring it for you to try tomorrow.

And for anyone who claims that TM's Angel has chocolate, well, it doesn't smell a teensy weensy bit of chocolate to me. That one .. I hate.

I third the Palmer. And it's so moisturizing! Since we're talking about body products too, if you do like chocolate smelling goodies, Philosophy's For Chocolate Lovers set is truly divine!

I'm so into chocolate. More so than Vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
          Rachel, well, you don't come across as a chocolate lover. I'm surprised

No nope, I'm not a chocolate lover and no foodie scents on my body. I only wear Amour de Cacao because of memories.

Comment

I chocolate scents too! But mostly for body products and not fragrance. Not sure if I want to smell like chocolate all day.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter is good! And a cheaper alternative I like is Suave Cocoa Butter lotion. I think it's less than $4 for a bottle at Guardian Pharmacy. And it's very light with a nice mild cocoa scent.

Hmmm... this thread has got me all interested in chocolate fragances now. Serendipitous and CSP Amour de Cacao sound good. Any chocolate mint scents? That would be two of my fave scents!

Comment

Hey Jazzylee! I love choccie scents. I have a vial of the Serrendipitous vial somewhere. I'll give it to you to try when I find it. I like it enough to want to get a full size. You can buy it at www.makeupheaven.com with their 20% off code.

Happy Valentines Day!

MakeupHeaven wants to invite you to our Special Promotion to start off the year, 20% off ALL LULU BEAUTY and DOLL FACE cosmetics. Plus, additional unadvertised store savings. And as an Extra Savings, enjoy the following
              Coupon Code 208820 for an additional 20% off these lines as well as many others.
              Expires 2/28/04

We have plenty of Chocolate for Valentine's Day and all Guilt Free! This year be good to yourself and your skin!

We do appreciate your business!

Thank YOU!!

Cari
              MakeupHeaven

Comment

Thanks for the code! It's greatly appreciated. Am now waiting for Karen to receive her sample and give her stamp of approval before proceeding. Would really be interested in getting a sample of the chocolate martini for myself too if you're going to make an order

Btw, I just became a foody scent convert. Was only interested in it recently when I became hooked on tarts with all its different scents. The fragrances I knew previously was limited only to those available in shopping centres. *country pumpkin*

Thanks for all the information!

PS: I really must say you gals have a really sharp nose cause Karen when you brought the CSP Amour de Cacao over, I could just smell chocolate.

Comment

It reached me today! Tested it on my wrist and upon the first whiff, it smelt of alcohol or maybe strong bitter orange then slowly die down to a more chocolatey smell though not a pure sweet chocolate. I was sent a chocolate martini sample too and that is really sweet milky chocolate. I think I like that more... The worst thing is, I was so taken by the raves in MUA that I ordered two bottles of serendipitious...

Comment

Ah jazzylee, don't despair! I'm sure you can swap your bottle away if you decide Serendipitious is not a keeper.

Does your Demeter Chocolate Martini last?

p/s: I've swornt off buying full bottles without sampling first. Realised that we can never buy any perfumes based on reviews.

Comment

Does your Demeter Chocolate Martini last?
                      Hmm..when I mentioned Chocolate Martini, I was refering to the one from Star Boutique.

Jazzy let me try the Chocolate Martini (assumedly from Star) on my hands, and it's very dark chocolatey. Very nice. After 4 hours, it's still on my hands. And this is even after I wash my hands. I like it but I don't know I would want to wear this on my body. As a home scent, definitely though.

Comment

Let's buy! I just know when I smell chocolate, it gives me the same effects as eating it, it makes me happy! Then maybe I will also get the Pillar and Lucy vanilla scent.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                          Hmm..when I mentioned Chocolate Martini, I was refering to the one from Star Boutique.

Ah....my mistake. I'm not sure why I wrote Demeter too

Comment

gals, where can i find Palmer's cocoa butter lotion in singapore?

Comment

Hiya Simplicity...

I think you can find it at Robinson/John's Little/Mustafa. I'll be staying in Jkt this coming November.. I can CP for you if you'd like

Comment

Working...
                              X