Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla scents

Hi all,

I need HELP! Have been fighting the urge to buy La Ligne's De Barth vanilla parfume for sometime now but guess I'm losing this fight soon. At the same time since Beautyhabit has a full set of CSP EDTs, I will most probably buy the vanilla banana too to satisfy my curiousity on CSP. Are these good buys? After serendipitous, I am alittle more wary about supposedly good fragrances...

Thanks in advance.

Have you already sampled them? If not, it might be a good idea to do that first. If you already have, and are looking for a reason to hold off your purchase, consider waiting for some sort of promo code to come up. I've had good experiences with Beautyhabit.

Comment

Not too much about the designer brands mentioned above but i think if you are looking for a pure vanilla scent which is not TOO sweet and just a pure singular vanilla note, The Body Shop Vanilla EDT would be a good choice!

However they are usually brought into Singapore during Xmas but you can try your luck in UK or other countries if you' ve friends there.

HTH !

Comment

my siggie scent! lol. my absolute fave , the body shop Vanilla EDT has a very warm fragrance to it and its rather sweet too. it can be found in our neighbouring country, malaysia. try going to city square, they have body shop there.

Comment

Is the TBS scent long lasting? An EDT?

Comment

Can I suggest L'Occitane's Vanilla It's a pretty 'cute' vanilla scent when I want to 'smell' like a sweet gal.

For a less sweet vanilla, I will say go for L'Artisan's Vanilla. I love the woody base.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
              For a less sweet vanilla, I will say go for L'Artisan's Vanilla. I love the woody base.
              For some reason, I can never remember to try this when I go to Escentials. From reviews, it seems like the ultimate non-foody vanilla.

Comment

I'm going to suggest Key West Vanilla. The vanilla scent is really rich. Definitely something to look out for if you don't like scents that are too sweet.

Comment

Dimples, what's Key West Vanilla? Sounds interesting.

I remembered Serge Lutens Bois de Vanille. A scent that I like to smell in the bottle but not on myself. Jazzylee, maybe u can try this one since it's coming to Sg

Comment

Can I suggest L'Occitane's Vanilla It's a pretty 'cute' vanilla scent when I want to 'smell' like a sweet gal.
                    I second L'occitane. The scent is lovely.
                    Last edited by Glossie; 14-08-2005, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I bought L'Occitane's Vanilla some time back and realise there's a woody scent to the vanilla. Do you smell that too? I ain't very good with notes in a scent.

Serge Lutens Bois de Vanille? It's coming to Singapore? Where will it be found?

Comment

I remembered Serge Lutens Bois de Vanille. A scent that I like to smell in the bottle but not on myself. Jazzylee, maybe u can try this one since it's coming to Sg
                        I have a feeling she won't like the SL. If I'm not wrong, she's going for a sweet Vanilla. I do have a decant of the SL. Janice, can let you try later.

For sweet Vanillas, I really recommend CSP.

Comment

Dimples, what's Key West Vanilla? Sounds interesting.
                          Let you try the next time we meet. I didn't know this brand existed too until someone gave me a decant.

Comment

Dimples, who would have known too! *lol* I just did a search on it.

http://www.avbargains.itcstore.com/s...spx?prdId=1836

jazzylee, check out the Scent of the Day thread. It was metioned that Serge Lutens is coming to Singapore's Escentials.

As for the L'Occitane's Vanilla, I find it a very creamy sweet vanilla. It's quite a easy scent to like even though I'm nno huge fan of vanilla. As for drydown on my skin, I don't detect any wood on me.

Comment

Just an update, the la ligne came and when I smelt it, it was sharp and piercing to my nose. Can smell even a hint of the sweet foody vanilla many were raving about it. But the thing was when I asked hubby and Karen to smell it off my wrist, they said it smelt milky....Why the contrast?

Comment

Working...
                              X