All about Tarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All about Tarts

I'm thinking of trying to burn a tart, and i've never done it before. Must i burn the whole tart at one time, or can i burn it for a an hour and then burn the rest another day? OK, i'm a dummy when it comes to candles and such 8O

Originally posted by Dreamie
    I'm thinking of trying to burn a tart, and i've never done it before. Must i burn the whole tart at one time, or can i burn it for a an hour and then burn the rest another day? OK, i'm a dummy when it comes to candles and such 8O
    Sorry for the late reply ...

YOu don't have to burn the whole tart - if your burner's bowl is the shallow type, I suggest you break the tart into smaller pieces. I usually burn candles for half to one hour. The scent usually lingers after that.

You can also reuse the tarts after it's solidified for another time. The wax will never evaporate totally but the scent will diminish after a while - that's when you throw it away. Hope that helped.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I tried burning the same tart for the last 2 days. The yankee tart scent doesn't linger very well after i cool it. It was however, strongly scented when heated. Are AZW tarts the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamie
        Thanks for the advice I tried burning the same tart for the last 2 days. The yankee tart scent doesn't linger very well after i cool it. It was however, strongly scented when heated. Are AZW tarts the best?
        Tarts are supposed to have a burning time of only a few hours till the scent goes off I think.

I've never tried Yankee but AZW's are VERY strong. Try not to go for the foody scents cos they can be quite sickening after a while!

Comment

Can I know what's the difference between a candle tart and potpourri tart? Sorry. Still a novice with all these tarts thingy. :sotong:

Comment

dimples, am not sure about that..mine works in australia and malaysia. All i need to do is buy this international convertor thingy at KLIA duty free. I'm sure they sell those thingy at local dept store in singapore.

I think there's a store selling this tarts/candles around the city so if you like, can go and check for you. Jlmk aight!

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
              Actually tarts like like small pieces of pies I really don't know how to describe but you're right in saying that they are used in oil burners. Instead of putting the water and oil, you put the tart onto the pot area and then burn the candle using tealights.

I don't think tarts can replace aromatherapy since the latter has therapeutic effects while tarts are merely for fragrancing.

Oh...so the aromathraphy oil burner can be used for buring tarts as well?

This is so strange because i once burned a Yankee Tart and there is not much smell and the tart never smell to get any smaller. It just melt into a puddle of waxy oil and just that.. haha.. even when i burn for like at least 5 hours ??! Don't they ever evaporate or something ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                I don't understand this? Rac, pls explain.

I think she meant the cleaning of the burner. Must let the wax solidify again before removing the wax from the burner.

So free that I'm being nosy and replying for others

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                  But it solidifies quite fast right?
                  If left at room temperature, I don't think it solidifies to the state of easy removal, probably because of our humidity. Left in the fridge, the air is dry and it makes removal of the wax easier.

Comment

I am here I am here!!!

Info about tarts: they usually give off a scent for a few hours ..they'll never evaporate so you 'd have to pop it out & throw the wax away after you cant smell anymore fragrance. In order to pop the tarts out, put the burner in the fridge for a couple of minutes. Take it out & the condensation will help the wax to slide off. I like to change scents often, so I'll burn them for while & interchange the leftover wax as long as they're still good.

I think the concern with burning tarts in electrical warmers is that you can't put it in the fridge to pop the used tarts out ... since there's wires & whatnots ... unless the bowl itself is removable. *I've never used an electrical one cos I haven;t found any here in Singapore*

Sweetscentscandles have wonderful candles. http://www.sweetscentscandles.com/. They give out a good scent throw & are so good to look at. My favourite one is their Creme Brulee ... super yummy if you like foody scents. Not too sickening like how some foody scents can be. They sell a sampler set so you can tr out different scents before you plonk your money down for a large one.

L'Occitane Clementine is fantastic! smells like Yuzu. I've used a number of these & I love them but I think I'll get the Dyptique ones next. If you consider the burning time, Dyptique candles are better value for money & the design & scents are to die for. e.g: L'occtane 20 hours = $29, Dyptique 60hours = about $70

Another candle I loved is Tocca Stella. Blood Oranges. Very classy packaging but too expensive & not available in Sinagpore.
                    Last edited by atypical; 16-10-2003, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Wanna bring this thread up and asking advice for tarts. Which etailers and scents you'll recommend? I like foody (i.e. creme brulee) and fruity/citrusy scents. TIA

Comment

Definitely check out LOLCandles! There's another thread in CozyScent to look for k?

We're also organising a CozySpree! But I don't think that's v relevant for you since you're in HK

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                          Definitely check out LOLCandles! There's another thread in CozyScent to look for k?

We're also organising a CozySpree! But I don't think that's v relevant for you since you're in HK
                          No problem. I already placed an order there. Woohoo!! Getting 6 extra bag of dozen heart tarts free with 6 ordered!! And shpping to CA, USA is only US$6

Comment

How long can tarts keep their scent? With these frenzy on buying tarts in the CozySpree threads, I'm wondering if it's wise to stock up. Will the tarts loose their scent before I finish using them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                              My guess, conservatively I can finish 50 tarts in a month.
                              50 That's about 2 tarts per day.

Comment

Working...
                              X