Classic scents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic scents

I'm curious as to how you feel about classic perfumes. By that I mean scents that are at least a few decades old, particularly from the first half of the 20th century.

Personally I find them rather challenging, and only have two in my collection: Guerlain Jicky (1889) and Chanel Cuir de Russie (1924), both parfum. Even so, I can't say they're my very favourite. I also like some of the old Carons, though not enough to really lemming them. Would love to hear your views!

Interesting.

I'm not too sure if my preference in perfume has changed or what but I realised that I used to go,"Pooooooofffff" and almost gagged when I tried Shalimar when I was 20.

Always thought I can never carry off Robert Piguet's Fracas (maybe this one is not so 'old' and relaunched) two years back and swapped it away.

There were so many that I choked on in the past (maybe a year back still), Habanita, Cuir de Russie, Jicky, Arpege, Joy or even Chanel No5.

Now I don't. I'm finding myself appreciating them more. I find them with lotsa 'character' and 'atitude'. I suppose age has no relationship with the appreciation since I'm still very young. State of mind maybe?

It's weird that I started off with the usual L'Artisan, Serge Lutens etc etc. But as time passes, I find myself re-swapping for classic fragrance samples that I gave away in the past.

Hope it doesn't sound too cliche but without the past, there's no basis and comparison for the present. Perfume itself is a beautiful journey.

I'm certainly very intrigued by them. They have the most classic bottles around and always like a gem.

Comment

Channel no.5 is classic ,50an Marilyn Monroe favourite perfume.

Comment

i luv classics of almost anything. perfume, movies, songs, etc. i luv em!

Comment

I know it is passes but Chanel No. 5 was one of my very first and I would think one of the most well known classic??

Comment

Working...
          X