Making your own candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making your own candles

does anybody know how to make your own gel candles?

TIA!

No one know???!!?? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Comment

hey deary,u can get gel candle wax in Art Friend,they are like $18 each and come in a tube,many different colours.You can squeeze them into many smaller containers,place shells,etc in between.Makes perfect christmas gifts

Comment

Not gel candles, but I do make my own wax candles. What help are u looking for specifically?

Comment

ange,ooh u mean the gel candle wax comes in a tube?? so i don't have to do any melting whatsoever?

raebelasian, i was thinking of making gel candles like how do you layer the different colours together etc. and i don't know where to get the materials with step by step instructions! basically i don't know where to start btw, how do you do the melting for the wax? do you need a special pan for it ?

thanks!

Comment

Oh, I don't have any experience with gel candles so I can't help you with that.

You require a double boiler to melt wax. No direct heat else you risk the wax catching fire. You can actually melt the wax with a pan/pot on top of boiling water so no direct heat is subjected to the wax. Best to have a thermometer to record the temperature so heat can be adjusted accordingly.

I know it's a tad difficult to visualize what I meant but I try to post up pictures when I can asap.

Hope this helps

Comment

wow thanks!

do post pics of your handmade wax candles too!

Comment

yup,deary..it comes in a tube

Comment

Handmade Scented Candles

How do you make yours?

Comment

Working...
                  X