What to do with unwanted perfumes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with unwanted perfumes?

Hello, tried perfoming a search but can't find any relevant thread. I actually have a bottle of CK, should be, can't remember, but I remember it's call Truth, anyway, I realize that I super do not like this perfume, abit over powering for me. :roll:

Regretted buying it in large bottle somemore! Actually bought by my bf..so I left it in my bf house, and leave that one & only bottle there so I have no choice but to use it if I going out whenever I stay over at his house. Can't give anyone, scare he be unhappy...but I also don't wish to use...can use as those aroma burner?? Mayb the smell won't be so bad? :eh:

For perfumes that have been kept for too long, I use them as Room spray in the toilet.

Comment

Any advice about the length of time we should keep the perfume before discarding it? Would the fragrance change like turn bad or become milder if kept too long? :huh:

Comment

Keep perfumes in a dark, cool place. There's no fixed shelf-life; when it "turns", you'll know it because it'll smell bad.

Comment

Thanks. Was wondering about their fragrance because I do have bottles (some opened and some still intact) that have been around for quite some time. I'd better do 'scent-checks' to springclean the shelf!

Comment

like Dimples, i use my unwanted perfumes as room sprays too.

Comment

me too - i use them as room sprays, toilet sprays, after cooking sprays, too lazy to bathe and have to go out to throw rubbish sprays

Comment

Hahaha! Thanx gals for the replies..maybe I'll try to spray 1 or 2 sprays in his room whenever I use it, so it can be finished fast...hee. Regretted asking him to buy the big bottle and agreeing to that scent in the 1st place! Right after I brought the perfume home, I realize I don't like it, I noticed that it seems to smell better at Sasa, where he bought it. Sigh...

Comment

hahha... i haf many many unwanted fragrances... thanks girls for da wonderful, nice and great ideas!

Comment

hi gals!

how about putting up your unwanted fragrance on cozyswap or yahoo auctions?? can get back some cash plus avoid wastage or resources.

I've sold and bought some perfumes that I like to try at good prices, which are usually at least 50% off retail price, depending on how old/new or how much is left of the perfume.

hope the information helps!

Comment

Try to swap it away for something that you want to try or like, good to do this on MUA where you have lots of choice and can target what you want to swap with.

Comment

use it to spray room, or near the place where my dog poo poo

Comment

Hahaha, great idea. But the perfume has already been used, maybe only left 3/4? :eh:

My dog poo in the corridor, so no need for the perfume. But I do sometimes use it to spray the room. Actually we can spray the perfume on the lightbulb and whenever we on the lights, the room will be filled with the fragrance. But then again, if we super dislike the smell, we wouldn't want our room to smell of that huh?

Comment

if a perfume is too srongor just rong for u, open it up and put it with your underwear. just make sure it doesnt spill. the smell is not as strong and i like some of my perfumes like that even if i hate them put on me

Comment

can also use it as car perfume.

Comment

Working...
                              X