Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get sick of a particular scent after a while?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you get sick of a particular scent after a while?

I'm not sure whether Im the only one around who face this problem.

I have been using perfume for some years one and i realise that I have a tendency to avoid a certain fragrance after 1-2 years. As in I totally cannot stand it.

One example was Gucci Envy. I loved the fragrance a lot when i first started using it and when I was done with my first 50 ml bottle, I realise that I couln't tolerate the scent at all. I even feel nauseous.

Now i'm encounting similar problem with Lancome miracle and Anna Sui dolly girl. At the rate im going, Im going to have limited choices soon as i'm sensitive to certain scents.

Does anyone out there have the same problem?

for me.. its even faster than a 1-2 years.. i seems to like A LOT of perfume and get sick of perfume easier. hence, i always buy the smallest bottles..

Comment

yes, same here. I always buy 30ml ones if possible. I just seem to get sick of using just one perfume, so I always have at least 3 or 4 choices for me to use daily.

Comment

Yup, me too! And the fragance sometimes become fainter and less lasting as time passes by. I seldom use perfume so I actually buy those miniature size ones from auctions so that I will have a variety of fragances to choose from at a much lower price.

Comment

yeah agreed too.. i get sick of the fragrance after using for about 1 yr.. i had 3 different fragrances to interchangeably use..

Comment

yup...i get sick of some fragrances after a while too. Like the davidoff coolwater.....i don't like it anymore though i really loved it last time. But i've been using ralph lauren ralph for quite some time and i still love it as much!

Comment

I always get sick of fragrances after a while, hence my "huge" collection of over 10 bottles on my table now. I try to get the smallest bottle possible so as not to waste it.

I find I go through period of wanting the sweet or fruity or musky or whatever scents.

Comment

Yes yes yes! I grew sick of Lancome Miracle and some other CK perfume in the past too! I *think* I'm on the verge for RL Glamourous but I hope not because I still have more than 2/3 of the 100ml EDT left!!

However now I'm rotating between a few perfumes, let's hope it will help!

Comment

yes, me too! I used to love Green Tea ALOT! Bought more than 15 bottles already!(some as gift to others.) But now, I seem to be sick of the smell.

Comment

ya me too.. i used to like clinique happy a lot but after a few months i got sick of it.. used to like davidoff coolwater and ferregamo and the body shop strawberry perfume oil... all of them smell sian to me ****... hahaha...

Comment

me got sick of clinique happy too after using it for 2-3 times.. bought the 50ml..

Comment

All the time! That's one reason why I prefer collecting vials or miniatures.

Comment

yes i do. which is why i buy the smaller bottles if available. however i do revisit my favourite scents every few years or so

Comment

for me, i also use to have similar problem n having many half used perfumes sitting around...

to solve this, i decided not to get sweet scents cos mainly i'm not a person into e sweet smelling type and also not that pungent....

i have bought my second bottle of bvlgari's omina.... this time in a larger size even....

maybe by not getting somethings that is not that popular will reduce the chances of you walking pass people that has the same scent thus not getting over expose to it...

hope this helps...

Comment

I have both men and women's perfumes.. davidoff coolwater (men&women), issey, banana rep (women), TBS Of a Man and newest one is Be delicious.
                              I am not one with getting sick of perfumes, but It won't last long after 1-2 years of daily use.
                              Hence have to change to others.
                              anyone knows what the reason? I can't think of any

Comment

Working...
                              X