Rollers on rebonded tresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollers on rebonded tresses

I was wondering, if I put heated rollers on my rebonded tresses, would I be able to get it curled? At least for a day? 8O

it is hard to achieve the temp curls! the hair's been altered too much! then again u can try, might end up with some straight stubborn chunks!

Comment

ya. my gf told me to go for ceramic perm, but I was looking for a temporary thing, I'm so sick of straight hair now.. cos it's so flat! I even dreamt last nite that I permed my hair..!!

Comment

a fren permed hers & sadly the curls did not form v nicely! when dry it looks so straight(some, not all strands)! half part of her head was new grown out hair & the curls are nicer there...prob u hv to let all the straight parts grow out & chop them off or smtg!

Comment

isn't there this new thing called rebonding wave?? they just rebond your hair and then curl it again...well maybe you can check it out...actually i'm quite sick of my rebonded hair too so i just think of new ways to tie my hair and stuff like that :o

Comment

Originally posted by "Pauline"

isn't there this new thing called rebonding wave?? they just rebond your hair and then curl it again...well maybe you can check it out...actually i'm quite sick of my rebonded hair too so i just think of new ways to tie my hair and stuff like that :o
            I was contemplating this a few months back too, but it's double the damage of rebonding, because first they rebond your hair, and then they 'wave' it to get the soft curls.

All the results I've seen so far looked like 'tight' curls to me...not really what I had in mind, which is soft flowing waves....I think I can fake the waves more easily and with less permanent damage with my curling tong and some rollers.

Your predicament is the #1 reason why I didn't want to rebond my hair in the end....what if I wanna curl it for one evening? I imagine a curl would be hard to hold on rebonded hair, it would just look weird!

Stick to your rebonded hair....you look good with it anyway. :wink:

Comment

yeap well nothing much i can do now except stick with it...would stick with it till my hair loses all the "rebond" then after i would proceed to perm my hair planning to achieve either those jap curls or soft flowy curls :o

Comment

yeap well nothing much i can do now except stick with it...would stick with it till my hair loses all the "rebond" then after i would proceed to perm my hair planning to achieve either those jap curls or soft flowy curls :o
                THose curls you want are on my list too!!! :D

BUT - I did read in an article somewhere that said those curls can only be achieved through styling...using rollers or curling tongs. Perms can never have the perfect 'soft' curl...nor can any chemical process, for that matter.

I want hair like this:

Comment

Ah Pan Paltrow!!! How apt!!!

when will i every have hair that long... :roll:

Comment

actually this is nice too...but a bit hard to style every morning...

Comment

actually this is nice too...but a bit hard to style every morning...

I like too! :D Looks like a blonde version of my avatar, *LOL*. But I went for Ms paltrow's because her locks look more sleek...I will look like a madwoman if I did my curls like your picture above...too wild for me.

Hmmm, I have an idea....will take this photo to my hairdresser and ask him how I can achieve hair like that....those kinda curls....if it can be done through some perm or other, I will start keeping my hair long and get it curled in June! :D

Comment

Originally posted by "sky"

Originally posted by Pauline
                        Ah Pan Paltrow!!! How apt!!!

when will i every have hair that long... :roll:
                        you dun need long hair darling! & dun u compete with us too, SYT OR would you wanna trade in your golden tan, chic colored hair, and gosh...how old r u?
                        hehe...going on 19 this year...

realise i actually look alot younger now than i did maybe say 1 year ago..my style has evolved alot and it helps that my hair has grown longer making me look more girlish...so when i perm my hair..i'm gonna look super old...

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Hmmm, I have an idea....will take this photo to my hairdresser and ask him how I can achieve hair like that....those kinda curls....if it can be done through some perm or other, I will start keeping my hair long and get it curled in June! :D [/color]
                          I wonder if this can be done on rebonded hair............

Comment

hehe...going on 19 this year...
                            Oh my!!! You're still a baby!!!! I can't remember what I looked like when I was 19!! 8O Ick, that just goes to show you how old I am.

Comment

haha not that i want to....but i'm kinda born looking more matured than my actual age...realise i would probably be looking like this 5 years later too...so well...

Comment

Working...
                              X