Dove haircare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove haircare

I think that you all have access to this - it's just now in the States - is this any good? Worth trying? TIA!

It gets my super dry and thick hair smooth and it has that nice Dove smell.

Comment

dove shampoo is my staple - leaves my hair soft and moisturized; comparable to high ends like Redken All Soft shampoo!

hate the dove conditioner tho' - seems to leave a residue on my hair, yucks!!!!!

Comment

well...i've Dove shampoo on the rack in the bathroom...not bad...use it on days when i want some moisture...the only thing i'm doubtful abt is cos' they don't have any segregation btw dry hair and oily hair shampoo...they only have 1 kind for all hair types...

Comment

Not fantastic. I think this is best for countries which are cold and dry and have hard water supply...because I found it a tad too moisturising for me...left a residue on my hair which weighed it down somewhat and dulled the shine...not to mention feeling quite icky. My scalp also got really greasy very easily when I was using this. I have since switched back to my trusty Kerastase (which is bankrupting me).

Comment

Thanks, all! Not sure what I'll do ... might give it a whirl since I can get it for USD$3 right now. So if it doesn't work, I'm not out much ...

Comment

I've tried the shampoo & conditioner. Very moisturising & left my hair very soft. But if you're gonna get it, alternate it with another shampoo. I've always felt drugstore shampoos weigh down my hair & leave residue on my scalp after prolonged use heh...I'm a haircare snob! :D

Comment

Originally posted by "ppie"

Thanks, all! Not sure what I'll do ... might give it a whirl since I can get it for USD$3 right now. So if it doesn't work, I'm not out much ...
                Yes, why not? US$3 is reasonable. CHEAP, in fact!!

Comment

Originally posted by "Flowerfairy"

I've tried the shampoo & conditioner. Very moisturising & left my hair very soft. But if you're gonna get it, alternate it with another shampoo. I've always felt drugstore shampoos weigh down my hair & leave residue on my scalp after prolonged use heh...I'm a haircare snob! :D
                  Actually, I find that the buildup happens with salon-quality haircare too...just not as fast as with drugstore haircare. That's why I find myself alternating shampoos and conditioners real often!

I also llike Neutrogena's non-deposit clarifying shampoo, used 1x a week, to get rid of the buildup. Love the fresh scent and the fact that it leaves my hair really bouncy! :wink:

Comment

I use Neutrogena clarifying too :D I think the smell's real nice & it lasts!

Well, drugstore or not, I alternate my shampoos anyway!

Comment

I adore the scent too! wonder if all their haircare smells like that.. find that using a clarifying shampoo REALLY helps my hair!! :wink:

Comment

I like the conditioning treatment in the tube form, I think it's different from the conditioner. It makes the hair very soft, and keeps the ends moist. Ppie, give it a shot! It's cheap isnt it? But perhaps, you should place your bets on the feria conditioner, which has all the raves. I'm so curious about it. How much is the farie conditioner, ppie? I read that its available at Sally's.

Most drugstore shampoos and conditoners tend to weigh the hair down by accumulated deposits on the hair through prolonged use. I remember Pantene is one such brand, and most frequently mentioned by the hairdressers. Still best to use a clarifying shampoo or apple cider treatment periodically.

Comment

Using the dove shampoo daily without the conditioner should be ok rite?

Dreamie, u remind me of my ACV at home now.....
                          I dislike Pantene, gives me dandruff and itchy scalp nitemare.

Comment

dove is ok but i love neutrogena clean which is only avaliable in the states

i can't get enough of the smell! the shampoo is great..conditioner is soso

Comment

Originally posted by "Dreamie"

I like the conditioning treatment in the tube form, I think it's different from the conditioner. It makes the hair very soft, and keeps the ends moist. Ppie, give it a shot! It's cheap isnt it? But perhaps, you should place your bets on the feria conditioner, which has all the raves. I'm so curious about it. How much is the farie conditioner, ppie? I read that its available at Sally's.

Most drugstore shampoos and conditoners tend to weigh the hair down by accumulated deposits on the hair through prolonged use. I remember Pantene is one such brand, and most frequently mentioned by the hairdressers. Still best to use a clarifying shampoo or apple cider treatment periodically.
                              Dreamie, I've actally had Sally's on my list to do for a while now but I haven't made it. I think the conditioner is around $8?

Comment

Working...
                              X