DIY hair colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY hair colour

Girls, i have recently bought a loreal feria latest hair colour 65 which i like it so much. But the problem is i have never dye my own hair b4 so can anyone gives advice on how to do a good job?

actually i'm not very sure also...did it twice but with the help of my gf :o: that's what they're for!

but anyway you must put on an old tee cos' it will be stained...then you must mix the chemicals, you can follow the instructions on the packaging...

for the dyeing part, start from the bottommost hair and work up outwards, always dye a small section at one time and then comb through after you're done, the leftover can just anyhow put on top or throw away...it's quite hard to do yourself cos' you can't see the back

Comment

my sister used to do it for me! and its more or less even.. but if i do it myself there are parts which are uncoloured.. rather uneven too..

Comment

If you are dyeing virgin hair, ie. hair that has not been dyed or treated before, add 6%-9% of peroxide to the dye mixture. The peroxide helps to lighten the hair slightly so that the colour will be more obvious. Peroxide is gentler than bleaching, as bleaching will damage the hair much more. But if you wanna go much lighter, like platinum blonde, you need to bleach.

Comment

oh well, i usuall go to salon and get my hair done by them. and it seems that it's alot more cheaper to buy the dye and diy cause i'm so broke now...

well maybe i'll get my friend to do it for me then...

Comment

Originally posted by puffy

well maybe i'll get my friend to do it for me then...
            yeap you really should! it's a good time to bond with ya sisters as well!

Comment

Riv where are you? I remember Riv used to colour her own hair and it looks great on her...we used to ask her where she did her hair colour and she wld say DIY....

I am too lazy for DIY though...

Comment

i've used Feria before and i think the instruction sheet in the pack is pretty comprehensive. try following that?

however, try to get someone to spread the colour into your hair for you if you want it really even. if you can live with some unevenness (sorry i can't spell ), you can just do it yourself.

Comment

I do at home dyes all the time. I think the trick is to comb your hair after you distributed the dye. It ensures that every strand of hair is coated with the dye solution. I almost always get good results.

Comment

the bigen prominous (sp?) hair dyes are really easy to use. there's a comb attached to the dye bottle so you just squeeze the bottle and comb through your hair. piece of cake!

Comment

gals who want to self dye their hair, head to the loreal warehouse now.... loreal hair color is 3 for $10, casting is 3 for $6, pre light is 2 for $3!!!

Comment

Originally posted by feine
                        the bigen prominous (sp?) hair dyes are really easy to use. there's a comb attached to the dye bottle so you just squeeze the bottle and comb through your hair. piece of cake!
                        2nd that! i've got short hair so it's quite easy to DIY.

Comment

I used to see L'Oreal highlighting kits at stores a few years back, but not anymore. The kit comes with this brush that you can apply in streaks all over your head. Anybody seen this selling anywhere? I think they've discontined this a long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by jemay
                            gals who want to self dye their hair, head to the loreal warehouse now.... loreal hair color is 3 for $10, casting is 3 for $6, pre light is 2 for $3!!!
                            oh dear!!! really?

quick, jemay.. tell me.. is it still on? location? TIA!

Comment

i was at the loreal counter @ metro paragon the other day with my friend and the sales promoter told her that they can arrange for hair dying there with the purchase of some range of loreal hair colour products (sorry not too sure about the range as i was not paying attention). maybe can drop by the counter to check with the SA?

Comment

Working...
                              X