Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products for curly hair

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Products for curly hair

    for gals with curly and/or permed hair, just wondering what type of hair products you use to maintain the wave and prevent frizziness.

    i use......

    for curl
    * TiGi Bed Head Uptight - Heat Activated Curl Maker
    * John Frieda Frizz Ease Corrective Styling Mousse - Curl Reviver
    * John Frieda Beach Blonde Ocean Waves

    minimise frizz
    * Charles Worthington Take Away Frizz Taming Serum
    * Aveda Purefume Brilliant Emollient for hair

  • #2
    Hi Vixette,

    I use Keune's Sculpting Lotion, it holds very well and and the effect is natural afte I "crush" my hair with my palms when my hair dries up. Potion 9 is good at times when I am lazy...just have to apply throughout and crush your hair as you apply, it gives a very loose and natural effect. Potion 9 works as a leave in treatment too.

    Comment


    • #3
      hey vixette!

      The TiGi heat activated curl maker sound cool. Is this a curling tool or ?


      Here's what i'm using now:

      1. Sebastian Potion 9
      2. Wella Volumising hair Mousse
      3. Wella Shine Creme
      4. Citre Shine Shine Mist
      5. Citre Shine Curl Booster

      Comment


      • #4
        And oh yes i desparately need something to tame my frizz. Since my hair are super-fine, little and coupled with an oil-field for a scalp, i need something that don't weigh my hair down too. Any recommendations ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Currently I use

          1. wella System profession Curl saver Shampoo $18
          2. Pro-Vitamins capsules $6 each. Megashine, Perm/colour and maximum body $6 each.

          I do not use the curl saver shampoo regularly coz it's expensive! I use it 2 times a week. Pro vitamins caps are serum. I particularly love the megashine one coz it makes the hair shiny.

          To hold the curls in place, I use mousse or TBS wet Gel. Don't really recommend coz although it looks great, it feels stiff. People who touch your hair might comment it is dry/stiff.

          I recommend Mugens Speed Setting Gel $15.50. Makes hair look decent and less stiff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just want to point out that using clarifying shampoo at least twice a week is very important so as to remove residual build-up. All the products we slap on on our hair cannot be easily remove by normal shampooing. Removing the build-up helps hair to "breathe" better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stressed
              Just want to point out that using clarifying shampoo at least twice a week is very important so as to remove residual build-up. All the products we slap on on our hair cannot be easily remove by normal shampooing. Removing the build-up helps hair to "breathe" better.
              Yes! I agree with this. I was trying to save on a clarifying shampoo a few months ago and my permed hair was so weighed down by residue as a result of daily mousse-ing and leave in conditioner that it looks so dull and lifeless.

              Then enter LUSH's Antiphilitrion shampoo and TADAH!! My hair feels lighter and look much better now.

              :wheee:

              Comment


              • #8
                citrine

                of the hundreds of hair products i've bought since i permed by hair last month, i like citrine shine curl booster best.

                here are the things i put on my hair;
                provitamin serum
                citrine shine curl booster
                loreal shampoo for permed hair (green bottle)
                loreal conditioner for permed hair
                got2be hair gloss
                got2be curl booster

                have palema retexturising cream, loreal repair leave in conditioner, kms curl shampoo & conditioner, kms detangler...

                bought a bottle(unidose) of keratase oleum yest at beauty language at $14 to try, based on the recommnedations in another thread.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey stressed,

                  Is the Pro-Vitamins capsules theones sold in Watsons and Guardian ? The name sounds familiar to me.

                  I like your recommendations! I remembered you mentioned about the Cirtus Shine Curls Booster and i went to try it! It's really quite good and value-for-money. Thanxs so much!

                  Are you using anything to curb frizzness at the moment ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm now wondering if I should use products for curly hair for my un-treated but naturally wavy unruly hair?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kare2711
                      I'm now wondering if I should use products for curly hair for my un-treated but naturally wavy unruly hair?
                      Hi Karen!

                      I think they helps to shape your hair a little more than usual if you use it.

                      Maybe you can try a mousse rather than a gel. Mousse tends to give a more natural, softer effect compared to gel. I realised this after comparing my Wella volumising mousse and citre shine curl booster(gel type)

                      HTHs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ponine

                        Maybe you can try a mousse rather than a gel. Mousse tends to give a more natural, softer effect compared to gel. I realised this after comparing my Wella volumising mousse and citre shine curl booster(gel type)

                        Wella Volumising Mousse, you say? I'll look out for that. Thanks for the rec!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ponine
                          Hey stressed,

                          Is the Pro-Vitamins capsules theones sold in Watsons and Guardian ? The name sounds familiar to me.

                          I like your recommendations! I remembered you mentioned about the Cirtus Shine Curls Booster and i went to try it! It's really quite good and value-for-money. Thanxs so much!

                          Are you using anything to curb frizzness at the moment ?
                          Yup yup! But I buy at any Lee *** shop coz it's much cheaper! I use these caps for frizzy-ness. U can use Citrus shine serum also. Good if not for the not-spill proof bottle. I'm currently evaluating Silken Moisture Factor Cuticle coat bought from Lee *** too. Not a thick serum. So far, prefer the Citrus one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kare2711
                            I'm now wondering if I should use products for curly hair for my un-treated but naturally wavy unruly hair?
                            I used to have natually wavy hair. Comtemplating on rebonding. My hairdresser recommended me to perm. She thinks my wavy, crazy hair looks good on me. So went to perm. Never looked back since Mar not because I like it but because the curls refuses to go away!

                            I think serum would do the trick to tame frizziness and mousse to tame the wavy-ness!

                            Thanx ponine on the tip on mousse. %$#@ should have bought this instead of gel.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hey girls, would you recommend clarifying shampoos then?

                              i havent used anything special for my curled hair other than mousse!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X