Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair tools: Flat iron, Ionic hairdryer, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair tools: Flat iron, Ionic hairdryer, etc.

Do any of your girls use flat irons? I have thick coarse and unruly hair that will just have so much volume and wave to it that it's uncontrollable. I'm looking into buying a flat iron. Which one is good for a reasonable price?

Hi dear,
    Im always using flat iron lol...
    anyway if u have thick and curly hair which even rebonding won't help much, i'll recommend you to use ceramic iron..
    I bought it 2 yrs back at about 150+ from my hair stylist..
    IMO it's worth the price tag as it really does a decent job..

Other alternatives are those from babyliss and vidal sasson..costs abt 50+ but it don't like it as much as my ceramic iron

HTH

Comment

Pardon me but what is 'turbo' for hairdryers?? :huh:

Comment

I'm interested in ionic blow dryers. Are they the same as the turbo ones?

Comment

nic, count me in if you're buying any of the hair-dryers. can go with you to pick one out too.

Comment

today is packed. will get the address from you though.

do post back on your haul.

i'm buying more and more stuff after i got my perm. suddenly, shampoo and conditioner just ain't enough these days.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
              i'm buying more and more stuff after i got my perm. suddenly, shampoo and conditioner just ain't enough these days.
              I totally agree with you on this. My table now has so many hair products when it was just shampoo and conditioner once. :roll:

Comment

By the way, does anyone knows if those horns combs useful ? Those that sells on a cart and claims to reduce hair loss etc etc..

is it really effective ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                  Dryer: $65
                  Diffuser: $19

What's Turbo = I don't know

Kare, what's ionic dryer? The turbo dryer is the one used by salon, powerful and nothing fanciful.

Sure Mich, later today? I'm getting rollers, maybe velcro roller.
                  i'm gonna butt in here- ionic dryers are supposed to reduce static in your hair and make it smoother. less damage too i've heard when blow-drying.

Comment

Originally posted by lauren
                    i'm gonna butt in here- ionic dryers are supposed to reduce static in your hair and make it smoother. less damage too i've heard when blow-drying.
                    Right. Thanks, Lauren They are all the rage in the US. I'm surprised that they don't have it here. I know Remington makes them.

If you're shopping for velcro rollers, count me in. That's another of those indulgences for hair that I want to get forever but couldn't find those that are advertised in the foreign magazines.

Comment

i've heard about them quite a bit here too in aust... but have yet to go out and look for where they might be. i should take a look soon since i blow-dry my hair quite a bit
                      Last edited by Glossie; 15-01-2005, 06:27 AM.

Comment

walk in

hm..just wondering are we able to walk in to buy the hair tools or they must be buy in bulks? TIA!

Comment

Hey Nic,

Just curious, do we need such curlers for permed hair ?

Will it like mess up my hair if i have middle-sized curls and then i attempt a larged-size curlers at home ? *just wondering*

Comment

Thanxs for enlightening Nic!

I was actually tempted to get this Vidal Sasson Curler thing which was used on my hair when i went to a saloon. That was when i had straight rebonded hair and the tool gives me lovely temperory curls. I think it might be simpler to work with too,compared to the curlers. But curlers seems mroe "powerful" though..

My perm hair is becoming more like wavy hair and i actually prefer it this way. One thing i dislike about perm hair(beside the extra time needed) is the fact that they never seem to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkling
                              Hi dear,
                              Im always using flat iron lol...
                              anyway if u have thick and curly hair which even rebonding won't help much, i'll recommend you to use ceramic iron..
                              I bought it 2 yrs back at about 150+ from my hair stylist..
                              IMO it's worth the price tag as it really does a decent job..

Other alternatives are those from babyliss and vidal sasson..costs abt 50+ but it don't like it as much as my ceramic iron

HTH
                              Arent those ceramic flat iron used during the rebonding, how can it be it dun help much ? only rebonding,they use chemical
                              Last edited by teiko; 25-11-2003, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X